Chambers, Arizona
1.8K views
Testimonial

My parents sent me to Barbizon a couple years ago in hope that it would help me gain some confidence (which i seriously lacked).

I attended the graduation ceremony and was spotted my multiple agents who thought I had potential. A couple months later i booked with an agency out of Los Angeles and have been with them ever since. I have gotten TONS of work and have actually earned enough money to buy myself a car. I continue to get work and the people who hire me think it's great that I can already do everything they need me to do (things I learned at Barbizon).

So the truth is that Barbizon doesn't promise you work but they teach you great skills that will help you throughout life. I think Barbizon is amazing and it gave me so much confidence and taught me so many skills that are helpful in other areas than modeling and acting. I came from a Barbizon center in Alabama (yes ALABAMA), and now I'm getting modeling jobs all over the country. If you really want to gain confidence and have a shot at making it big, than Barbizon is the place for you.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Had an Experience with Barbizon Modeling School?

Comments

does Barbizon find jobs for you? or do find job out there? :roll

to Marlene #662973

Once you complete call your classes, they will call you often to send you mulitple casting calls. you have to be patient.

So a representative called me and im supposed to go to a evaluation , I alot of confidence in myself but I dont know much about Barbizon I want to know what they're about before I go.What is it like ?

Is it classes that prepare you then get you into jobs or is Barbizon a modeling/acting school?Whar is the buisiness based on

I just got my call today saying that they really want me to be in the program.I really hope this is worth all the sacrifices that I'm about to make.

It is my destiny to become an actor.

I'm willing to take every chance I get.Life is full of chances, you just have to take them

I'm scared i really dont have enough money and i dont know wat to do ....i really want to go to barbizon ...

nd my mom keeps procrastinating.:upset :sigh :( :cry :? :x :( im aggrivated btw ____ im from Raliegh, NC

I am a student at Barbizon and I enjoy the classes, however there is some truth to what others are saying.If you just want a fun class to go to then this counts.

However the majority of their income is from students rather than from booking their clients jobs. Consider each student pays 1,500 and there are 24 in my class. That is 36,000 and there are at least three other classes going on right now, so that makes $144,000. And that is for a 15 week period where they can pick up new classes as the old ones begin to graduate.

So without overlap they make $499,200 (overlap in classes). There are only approx 10 women working here. So if you were to add in for overlapp you would end up with around $643,200 (probably more) divide by ten you get 64,320 per person. And at least five of those ten workers does not make great money (one rides public transit, others drive beaters).

So that means that if they are each paid even 20,000 less that the top dogs are getting plenty of revenue. So that leaves the question where is the incentive to find jobs for models? All their income needs are met by finding new people to take their classes. Also the modeling agency that they work with is go figure owned by the same woman that co-owns barbizon.

Furthermore the BBB states that Barbizon is no longer operating. While I enjoy the class I have no illusions about getting a job with them after I graduate. The cream on top of the milk is that they offer jobs that...

So if you want to have fun and you can afford it go ahead, but remember that there are other ways to find jobs.

If you are good your good.Me I am just funny.

to Honesty Elk Grove, California, United States #952005

First of all, Barbizon is NOT an agency responsible for finding you jobs.(at least on the West coast) Barbizon is a finishing school that teaches performing arts-acting, modeling, vocals and in some places, dance.

Barbizon changed my life for the better in ways I cannot describe. I entered the program with very low self esteem and lacking confidence. 6 months later I was a very different and sophisticated young lady! I won 2 pageant titles, modeled bridal gowns, did radio voice overs and became a motivational speaker at the age of 16.

The money aspect of Barbizon is VERY REASONABLE when you consider the life-long benefits of being "A Barbizon." Trust me, in California it costs on average $2,500 to be a high school cheerleader for 1 year and that's more than attending one of Barbizon's 6 month programs!

I will forever be grateful for my Barbizon training.If you are accepted to attend, JUMP on it!!

I'm Still In Barbizon.I Have Not Graduated Yet...

But So Far. I Dont Think Its A Scam. I Frickin Love It!! I Dont Have Stage Fright Anymore...

And I Have A History Of Depression, And They Have Helped Me Alot.I Have Met So Many Wonderful People And Learned So Many Things. Ive Done The American Mall Model Search, Model Productions, The, And Now Barbizon. Im Trying So Hard To Be On Disney Channel. I Dont Know If Im Doing The Right Things To Be On There...

But If You Have Advise...

Please Tell Me.:) :) :)

I was picked to do barbizon modeling but a couple of my friends were also picked too.so does that meanwewere all good or do the company pick everyone, and think we will never find out?.

and they ask for all this money up front i really want to do it but i dont want it to be a scam that will be a lot of money.:?

I just got done with month 2.Barbizon is NOT a scam.

And even if you dont get work, you learned alot, PLUS you get an agent! Im hoping i get work!

:roll I really want to!I think I will because i have a striving passion to do this

comments