Reply by Barbizon Modeling School

We are sorry you were not happy with your Barbizon experience. We recommend calling the Barbizon you attended to make sure they have updated information in their systems so your daughter can find out about opportunities in here area.
Author's

Barbizon sell big dreams to kids.The vast majority of kids that go thru there go home hurt, less self confidence because they weren't selected, angry, and broke.

We have spent over $14000.00 on their trips, pix, classes, etc., and when we asked them to tell us EXACTLY what they were doing for us, they said "the economy is bad right now and nothing is happening" If your kid needs self confidence, pay a counselor. Barbizon is definately not the place to start your kids on their way to success in anything.

Especially self confidence.Im extremely disappointed

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Barbizon Modeling School?

Comments

:) 8) I keep hearing ALL this STUFF about barbizon."OH its a scam" and "You'll waste your money if you do this." And I was bummed out cuz im in their classes now and im 5'9 so I thought it was my chance to make it.

But I come out most of the people slamming barbizon werent in it and the rest didnt make it cause they werent good enough. I think if you got the talent, barbizon can really help you break into the industry.

But you have to do some work too.And let me tell you EVERY industry have SOME type of scam thats the way this world works

Mount Vernon, Kentucky, United States #252470

Check out the BBB listing. we found out Barbizon of Charlotte, NC , aka, Barbizon Academy is NOT with the BBB ! Be aware!

Mount Vernon, Kentucky, United States #252460

Call Baebizon international and get your refu d

Mount Vernon, Kentucky, United States #243412

Yea at grad they said I had a huge audition and it's for Discovery Cruise, doesn't include airfare and everyone is picked if u have the $. Omg quit asking my parents for money! SCAM :(

Yeah BArbizon is a great place to go if you have lots of money.We spent over 9000.00 on a trip to NY.

because Barbizon said there would be "TONS" of directors and agents there. What a joke. They wanted me to go to Charlotte for an "interview" When I got there, it was an all out sales pitch for me to pay $1500.00 to go on a 2 hour cruise and meet "TONS of DIRECTORS and AGENTS" Getting to the location would be at my expense also. WOW.

I asked how many of these BEAUTIFUL girls would be selected by these directors and agents and I was told that there was no way to know but usually everybody got a call back. SOUNDED like the NY sales pitch so I asked this question---if all these girls are going to get a call back and Barbizon is going to make money on all "their" tallent, then why were all these girls required to pay the $1500.00 to "GET NOTICED" MAN, THIS PET ROCK THING IS REALLY STARTING TO MAKE SENSE. Needless to say, I didnt go and neither did a lot of the other girls. I, like other folks apparantly, cant even get Barbizon to call me back.

WHATS UP WITH THAT??????? Face it,,,,,Barbizon dont do anything for you that you cant do for yourself. They just charge you LOTS of money to make you convince yourself that YOU GOT WHAT IT TAKES.....Good Luck With That. If you really have what it takes, they should be paying you.

Do ya think Angelina Jolee or Brad Pitt pays people to let them work ?????

THINK ABOUT IT.Tell them you dont have any...

Mount Vernon, Kentucky, United States #243162

Barbizon Charlotte , Sarah ran out credit card without us signing papers.I called all my Friends that went to the interview and she said the same thing to all of us.

We all made it.

My advise call your friends, compare notes, and my mom found out they really need money to keep business going and not with schools anymore legit.:(

The one i go to only asked for 1,600.where are you geting 14,000 from?

And they dont promise you fame and riches. they even tell you how hard it is in this industry, and how its verry unlikely that you will be a supermodel. and steve is right, the people makeing complaints also say they didnt go thru it. I graguate next month, and this class has done nothing but help me with my acting skills and makeup and runway modeling, plus, ive made lotts of new friends in my class.

i do admit that they claim you make it with them choosing a few out of a hundred, but more and more keep coming, and thats really wierd, but then again concider that they constantly have "contracts" and classes ending-thus need more people.

My point is all they claim is to be a class.nothing mroe.

#209149

well I think barbizon is good this is my second week now I hope I get a job and put me on some adds.I want this really bad.I wonder do u get signed by agents after u graduate.

I have attended barbizon, this is just my expirence with them.There were commercials all over the t.v.

and the radio that they were going to be in my area holding audtions(open calls) to get into their classes. I was so excited and really wanted to go. My mother ended up taking me it was held in a hotel and 100's of people showed up. We were given a number and had to do a little commercial in front of everyone in front of a camera, after that we spoke with people affiliated with barbizon they asked me some questions about why I wanted to be with them and what not.

The next day we were given a time to call ,and I was chosen supposedly a few out of the 100's(I dont know if thats true or if everyone was choosen). Also, I was told they needed to know soon because the classes were going to be starting up within the month.It, took my family a while to decide if they were going to let me do it because of the cost and wondering if it was a scam. But, barbizon was patient they wernt mad I didnt sign up within the time frame they had set. So my family signed me up and I found out they classes were 2 hours away from where I lived.

Since, I didnt live close to the area I couldnt attened the classes with a class full of 10 or 12 people. But, they told me they really wanted me and had faith and set up a seperate set up with me. Instead of going to them once a week for 6 months or what not for a couple hours these classes were with just me, and other classes were...

I did learn a lot about runway, speaking, poise, acting, photo shoots and posing. It really did help me with my confidence. I graduated and recieved my certificate. The next process was to get signed by their agent, which was form to fill out and send back.

My dream turned to fall on the back burner because of college. But, barbizon did give me a lot of confidence. They also tell you when you do their classes and what not you are signed with them for life and do not have to make any more payments if you need to take classes for brushups.

A scam does not offer that to you.I think it was a good expirence exspence but worth it.

Barbara-

if you really dont want to pay, send in pictures and resumes to the diffrent agency's in atlanta.try and set up interviews.

if they like you, they might sign you, which should be free.

there are tons of free work everywhere.good luck- :zzz

comments