Definitely a scam and they are well aware of it.

I took these classes myself when I was a sophomore in high school. It was such a waste of my parents money and if I could take it back I would.

I learned absolutely nothing from this and it was EXTREMELY overpriced for what they did. Literally my mom spent thousands on pointless stuff they said we needed. My "classes" were done a small meeting room in a janky Holiday Inn and everyone in the class thought it was a waste.

Thinking about it all makes me really angry, I was hoping they would be shut down by now, the reason for my random Google search. Nobody should waste their money here.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you did not have the experience you deserved from our company. Over the 75 years we have been in business, we consistently strive to improve our educational experience, customer service and placement connections. We appreciate your feedback so we can continue to improve our business practices. We would be happy to address your experience personally if you would like, simply reach out to us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Barbizon Modeling School - Modeling Agency Review from Abingdon, Maryland

Barbizon has always been a scam "modeling agency" I know every good business will get bad reviews here and there from people with axes to grind but look at the ragtime reviews, everyone can't be wrong. This business is a predatory company that preys on lower-middle class parents and children with hopes and dreams.

I am not a competitor, I am a Father who's daughter was put in the hands of this company by her mother and now my daughter is being bullied by a pretend modeling coach contracted by Barbizon. People need to wake up and research bad companies like this before they entrust their children and their money with low class bullies.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We were sincerely concerned and sorry to hear of your daughters experience with our company. We would very much like to address this and hear more of her experience so we can create a better experience for your daughter and address this internally with our staff. If you could please reach out to us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com so we can offer a better experience.

And the bullies name is Ms Victory!

Oh by the way, the bully coach's name is Ms Victory.

Barbizon Modeling School Refund Review

Hi I am a 16 year old girl and about 8 months ago I signed a contract with an modeling agency for 1300. One day after signing that contract my grandma was admitted to the hospital and fell really sick and my family realized that we did not have the time or money for it.

I called and told them I want a full refund and they said that they would have it done for me. Its been about 8 months now and all we are hearing is lies and more lies they took my dads two credit card number and it "didn't work" and now the check is just moralistically just not showing up at my house. my family wants to give up because they don't know what to do about this. None of them are good at English or know the first thing about law.

but I have been doing a lot of research and by law I am aloud my FULL refund if I ask within 10 days if I asked, which I did.

I am so stressed and upset about this, my family does not have a lot of money and this 1300 is suppose to go towards my university fund next year,to me that could pay half a semester. They don't care about your kids and they wont care about you, they are just out for themselves they are multiplicative and good with their words I am encouraging everyone not to get into this.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry to hear of your poor customer service experience and would be happy to look into this issue for you. Please contact at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com

I was wondering if there are any good news about this company. My daughter just started her first class this past weekend.

She's receiving messages from facebook of previous victims. I'm not sure what to do with this. She's excited about Barbizon...

Concerned parent... Please help

I would go to the classes and ask for refund , if they don't give it to you, start telling all parents coming or going to research barbizon is a scam. I wish I would've done more research instead of believing their lies. Waste of time and $

Preferred solution
Full refund

Barbizan almost fell for it

i heard about barbizan in denver co on a family vacation a girl came up to me at the mall and got really close and told me i would be perfect for modeling mind you this girl looked at least my age or younger i was 21 at the time and thought what the heck ill put my number down a couple month later i got a call saying i was wanted for an interview when i explained to the guy that i didnt even live in denver he said they would keep me and call me when alb nm was having auditions. i blew it off as fake then when i got a call last weekend i was convinced it was a sign that these people really wanted me turns out when i get to the interview my cousin is sitting there when i asked her how she got a call she said she had no clue that she didnt sign anything at all for this that she was simply contacted this was a first sign of something sketch after an hour of listing to this lady talk about how she had been scammed as a kid and how a real modeling place would never ask you for money she did the exact same thing and said it would be 1500 when i got interviewed and told them i didnt have money for that they told me i could only pay 60 a month which would total to 1200 at the end i was still like hmm this seems cool they are willing to work with me how sweet!

then when i got the call that i was chosen to be worked with it immediatly got sketch the lady laura demanded my credit card i said i didnt have it on me then she started saying she would wait as long as she had to for me to run and get it i told her i didnt have it on me to wait and when i gave it to her i told her i had no funds on it she seemed immediatly upset cuz she couldnt get my money she then said she would run my card on saturday instead.

*** is lucky that i got on this site and looked this up im so glad i had no money on my card for her to take im even taking the precaution to change my card number. this *** is sketch i am 23 years old when i got to the audition there was seriously teenager and little girls everywhere not at all what i was expecting or looking for...

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you were not able to experience what our program can offer and for the poor customer service you received. We appreciate you alerting us so we can address this internally with the employee you worked with. Again, our apologies for the poor customer service you received.

OMG i went to an interview and the same thing happened i listened to a lady talk and talk about how she was always scammed as a kid and then ended her speech by saying " finally atlast i got to make my childhood dream come true with only $2000. and just curious , when did you go cuz i went on sunday in ALQ NM in some hotel

Barbizon Modeling School - Modeling Classes Review

This is a waste of a money! It did nothing for my daughter after she graduated the classes they required her to take.

As a single mother I didn't have the money to begin with but hey they filled my child head up along with mines with nothing but lies about how many jobs she would afterwards and each time we went to a casting they want more money!

Just not worth putting your family threw the hassle of *** or getting loans for . 90% of the girls do NOT work because of Barbizon please do your homework about this company!!!!!

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you have not been happy with your experience with our company. We would be happy to review your daughters file to ensure she is properly enrolled in our placment division and her contact information is correct so we she can receive notices of opportunities. Please reach out to us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com

Barbiazon Call in Huntsville AL

I attended the call in which I was invited, and ended up interviewing with Miss Elle. She was the rudest lady I have ever spoken to.

She liked my look and my walk, which is great, but she also stereotyped me immediately saying that I thought I was full of myself. I was just doing as she told me with a smile on my face. To talk to a teenager like that after giving a speech about bullying made me incredibly angry.

If you're going to advocate being against bullying, don't do it.

Even if they call about anything, there is no way I'm going to work with people like that.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Thank you for alerting us of this so we can address this internally. We are sorry for the communicaiton you received from our employee and the poor way you were treated. It is not our company policy to communicate this way or offer such poor customer service, we can assure you this will be addressed with the cited employee.

Modeling schools are BS. Find something else to do, you are wasting your time.

Barbizon Modeling School - Modeling Agency Service Charges Review

Barbizon is a scam of a company you don't need to pay an agency to help you reach stardom. They're greedy and a rip off.

People don't let them take advantage of you and let them tell you what THEY think of your talents THEY just want your money! Report them to BBB and FTC

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
You are correct in that you should not ever pay upfront for representation by an agency. Barbizon is a training program and requires a fee for the training portion of our company but never charges for placement opportunities or representation.
ID
#520459 Review #520459 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Barbizon Modeling School Refund Review from Mississauga, Ontario

So i gave them the money of $2000 and asked for a refund. They said that they will send me an email but i havent got any since

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
You are correct, you do not have to pay for an agency. Barbizon is not an agency, we offer training courses in modeling, acting and personal development. While we do offer a complimentary placement service, the only cost associated is for training courses. Our website outlines our proccesses, stating fees are associated with training.

Barbizon Taught me Nothing

I went to Barbizon in Chicago when I was 18 in Fall 1974, my Father paid $500 which at the time was alot of money. I was told by their recruiter I had "hidden" potential All they taught was how to curl your hair and apply makeup.

When I moved to Denver I called them and told them I had paid for classes but still had 3 to go they were going to make me pay again for classes I had already paid for. Scam YES No surprize we dont see their commercials anymore their Chicago location is shut down

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our company, we can assure you in the 40 years since you attended Barbizon, we have continued to improve our business practices and strive each day to provide better experiences. Additionally we are very much still operating in the Chicago area markets.

lol that was in 1974. I think a lot has changed with their company since then.

Why would you write a review NOW 40 years later? This seems like Barbizon's competitors trying to make them look bad from 40 years ago.

Back then a lot of the Barbizon companies were independently owned franchises too. You have a good memory from 40 years ago "anonymous"!!

Loss

Not happy with the agency

I had 2 daughters who attended Barbizon training and later became part of the agency. I spent over $20K with the training and IMTA attendance.

I am not going to call them a scam, but I do think its all about the money and they are not truly honest with the girls. They are selling kids false hopes. After spending all the money for IMTA, I felt my daughters were totally unprepared for what to expect at the conference. The little information we got to prepare actually came from a separate modeling and acting school in which my daughters were taking additional training.

A few weeks after IMTA, I called the agency to ask what the next steps were for my daughters and I was told by the director that she was sending their head shots out to people who had attended the conference. Well, I never heard back on if there was a response. After about 2 months, I received a letter that they were dropping both of my girls from the agency. I am not upset that the girls were dropped, as they had expressed interest of leaving Barbizon any way but after all the dedication and money spent, I felt a letter in mail was very impersonal.

By the way, the only jobs my daughters got were volunteer jobs with no compensation. I am not holding a grudge against the agency, but I think they should have been honest about the type of girls they were looking for and stop preying on parents who will do anything for their kids.

At the end of the day, it was truly a learning experience and I have moved on. I have accepted that the agency was not the right place for my girls, just wished I had seen it before spending all the money.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We would like to review your account further and resolve this for you and your daughters. Please reach out to us directly at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com
ID
#511971 Review #511971 is a subjective opinion of poster.
$20000

Im unsure mostly an over priced beauty school

I came in for an interview and the lady told me straight of she liked me because my mom supported me then she went of on politics only stopping every once in a while to ask me my height weight etc. then she said ok so we have 3 payment options because she wanted to enroll me in a class (the cost was about $1834).

me and my mom were so confused me just came in for an interview. But my mom was like ok so I am ok with her taking a class but can we go home and think it over before we pay and the lady had the nerve to say she's "old" so we can't think about it because she will forget. So my mom was all like ok we will do it. (At that point I was a little worried it was feeling like a scam.

plus I live 2 hours away from the school.) then the lady said you know they just started a new class today I will place you in it so then she pulled me out of my chair and walked me up stairs and said ok sweetie this is your class it over a 4:39pm (it was about 11:30am then). I mean I wanted to take go there for modeling jobs and stuff but really it just a beauty school.

Personal I enjoyed the class we learned how to put on make up, how to runway walk, we said acting scripts, and learned poses for photo shot's it was a blast I am just not sure its worth all that money. I am excited for the next class were suppose to do facials.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Thank you for your review of the process you went through with our company. The employee you interviewed with should have provided you better customer service and we are sorry she did not follow our commitment to a heightened level of customer service. Additionally we are sorry for the rude behavior displayed by this employee. We are happy to hear you are enjoying the program and hope you will provide us additional feedback on the program, please reach out to us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com

I think I know you! Are your parents Al and Peggy? Do you also have a brother named Bud and a dog that answers to Buck?

Verified Reviewer

Barbizon Modeling School - Modeling Classes Review from Turnersville, New Jersey

I'm an aspiring model & I went to barbizon in Ardmore PA because I knew of a girl who went there in my high school. She got work so I figured I'd try to go to them.

When I got there they made me sit in a room full of ppl and we had to do a cold read. Then they made us all walk, whether we were there for modeling or acting. After seeing me walk one of the lady's that worked there told me she wanted me to meet with the director because she saw so much potential in me and my walk. Then I walked for the director as well and she acted as if she liked me too.

So that took my mom and I in a separate office and told us how great I was and that's why they wanted me to stay over everyone else. They seemed very manipulative to me for some reason. Then they asked me if I could sign a contract with then and pay about 2 or 3 grand in total to join the school and pay for a few classes. I was also paying for an imta model convention that they absolutely wanted me to go to.

I wasn't too sure about all of it because of the price so I told her I would call her so that I could think about it. She then told me that I won't be able to get the "scholarship" if I didn't put at least 20% down. So then I came to the decision that I didn't want to do it then they lowered the price and said that I could just pay for my photoshoot and comp cards instead and I could still have time to think about the scholarship they were offering. So me and my mom agreed to that since as an aspiring model I thought I would need that anyway.

Then when I came back for the photoshoot they asked if I would pay for the scholarship and I told them I didn't have the money so the director pulled me to the side and whispered that she would lower the price by a few hundred just for me. I told her I didn't have that type of money and she said it was fine and that I could still do my photoshoot since I paid for that. The clothes were terrible they tried to act like that what all the top agencies were looking for, the makup artist did a horrible job, and 6 months later I still haven't received my pictures and they never answer my calls.

BARBIZON IS A SCAM! And I'm taking them to court!

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry to hear of your poor experience and the poor customer service you received. We would be happy to resolve this for you. Please email us directly at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

Have you done anything to get your money back? If so, can you share with me.

I went to the Wilmington Delaware location and took classes there and was told that I could come back anytime. I was then called a few years later and invited to an audition at the Ardmore PA location.

I was told that there were going to be three or four international agents that were looking for new faces. Once I got there I was told that I was not right for the event. I was only being interviewed by one person and he was from LA and apparently worked for Barbizon. They tried to talk me into a competition IMTA which is held in New York and it would cost $4000 which I didn't have and when I told them that they presented another type of competition and it was a cruise in October and that cost $3000.

Well the problem continues because we didn't come there to put any money out we expected to audition/interview for possibly other agents to work for them. When we continued to tell the person we were talking to that we had no money he recommended that I work strictly with him in order to achieve my goals as a model. He stated he didn't work with Barbizon and that I would have to consult with him directly and not with Barbizon. My mom and I were confused because we thought that Barbizon was the ones that invited us to come up and meet with these international agents who did not show up.

And now we are being told by this individual that he wants me to work with him one-on-one and not with Barbizon. We are taken to another room and presented with another option which was to compete in a local competition but I would also need a photo shoot with comp cards. The cost would be $450 for the photo shoot and the local competition would be $899 which wasn't until March 2015. Now I was told I could put $200 down for the photo shoot and pay the remaining balance within the next two months.

Now I'm disabled and I only get disability income and the $200 was doable for me and I agreed to that. So we begin to do the paperwork for the $200 and as I'm finishing up the paperwork I asked the person when do I need to pay for the local competition and I was told "that needs to be paid in full right now." I could have dropped dead at that moment. That definitely was not something I could do but they already ran my credit card with a total of $1100 which I could not afford. Well I had asked for copies of all the paperwork that I was filling out and the gentleman said he would make copies and bring it to the front desk and when we went up to the front desk all we got was an invoice and the Director simply went through the numbers.

She proceeded to tell me what was for what and which discounts were for what.

Anyway when my mother and I got home we spoke to my father about what had happened and it all just doesn't seem right and we forgot that they did not give us copies of the papers that we filled out. So we called them back before they closed that evening and explain that we were no longer interested in participating in the photo shoot nor the local competition in 2015 and we had asked for a refund. And while they were so helpful and so friendly while we were there their demeanor definitely changed when we asked for a refund and their response was we don't give refunds. So instead of continuing to argue with the Director I went ahead and called the owner at the Wilmington DE location.

And she agreed to reimburse me a portion of the amount but I didn't understand why they couldn't refund the full amount since I never attended any classes or had a photo shoot. There is no reason why they should keep any of the funds since like any service or product they didn't provide anything. Even now when I made an agreement with the owner to make monthly payments our agreement was breached when my refund was not processed when I was told it was going to be.

I only went into this agreement to make monthly payments because the refund was going to come at a vital time. When I spoke to the owner and told her that the agreement was null & void due to not receiving the refund as promised, she gave me the thumbs up but as of now they continue to take money out of my checking account monthly even though I have not attended any classes nor have I had a photo shoot.

I need some advice on how can I possibly get my money back?

Barbizon Modeling School - Modeling Classes Review from Pascagoula, Mississippi

I had a very bad experience also when I told them I wasn't going to let my daughter attend they drop the price to 135.75 a month and demand the money right then. I'm confused someone please help should I continue to let her attend. I feel its a scam.

Fake job offer

I responded to a job offer from Barbizon school.They were looking for a teacher and being a graduate of a prestigious Acting school and having had lots of experience teaching kids 6 to 18 years old I thought I fit the bill.Firstly I had a phone interview with someone in Hawaii which I thought was a little weird but the person I talked tot ended up being very nice and explained the job duties and told me she was going to set up an interview for me with the director of the school here in L.A.She emailed me days later with the phone number and the name of the person I had to set up the interview with.I called several times but the secretary kept says the director was either out of town or off for the day.Finally,several weeks later I was able to set up an interview with this person and when I arrived at my appointment I had to wait 45 minutes because they didn't even know I was coming(despite the fact that I had an appointment set up)and then I was told the person I had the appointment with was out of town and I was going to speak to someone else.At that point I would have walked away but I had already wasted so much time I decided to go through with it.The person I talked to introduced herself as "one of the directors" of the school and after looking briefly at my resume she announced she thought I was the right person for the job and I just had to pass one test.The test was walking the runway.Seriously.they have a runway set up for students and she asked me to walk it.I mean,I applied to be a teacher,an acting teacher not a runway coach and I really didn't see the point but I did it anyway just to get out of there.After I walked she started introducing me to every staff member we would encounter and assured me the job was mine.She told me about the pay and working days,holidays,everything.So I left thinking I could give this a try,after all I was only gonna be there 3 days a week according to the schedule.They gave me another name to contact to set up the signing of the contract and we said goodbye.

Well,not only when I called to set up an appointment they were extremely rude but they didn't even know what I was talking about.They even told me they weren't hiring at that moment!I tried emailing the hawaiian person who I firstly talked to but she never replied and I never heard from them again.

now seeing all these bad reviews and complaints I see that it was a blessing in disguise bt they did waste weeks of my time.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Thank you for your feedback regarding your hirining process experience. We are sorry you did not feel the process was what you would have expected from our company. We appreciate your feedback so we can address this with the cited location in which you inerviewed.

How do you even know the offer was from Barbizon? Sounds to me someone tricked you.

I am so sorry you had that experience. I would contact Kelly@***.com as I am sure she would want to hear about that. I work at a Barbizon and we would never treat anyone that way.

Service
Barbizon Modeling School Teacher

Barbizon Modeling School - Modeling School Review from Brooklyn, New York

I want to do barbizon modeling school and they called me back after my online quiz I just don't want what these people here say it is

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
The Barbizon location nearest to you will have team members on hand to answer all of your questions. You can also email us directly at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.