Reply by Barbizon Modeling School

Like any business, we do have overhead expenses and there for we do have a fee for our program for things like supplies, teachers, classroom space, ect. We do hope your friend enjoyed the program.
Author's
Whiting, Indiana

This "school" is a complete and total joke.They make the kids believe that its some ultra-exclusive honor to be "allowed" to go here.well news flash THEY WILL TAKE ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO PAY THEM OVER $2000. My friend went to the six month course (2 classes per month) and im really confused as to what exactly her "tuition" was going towards.The only thing that costs Barbizon anything was the price to rent out a couple rooms at a hotel two times a month.

At the "graduation" ceremony,which is a "fashion show",they dont do anyones make-up,hair,and they all wear their own outfits.I'm pretty sure they dont give out fashion tips either because some of the girls just looked like a hot mess. You dont have to look like a model or have any talent to go here. I actually feel bad for my friend because she actually has potential (shes skinny,pretty and tall) and here she is in this class with a bunch of random girls that couldve been picked up from off the street for all we know. The "ceremony" was very pathetic,the "instructor" was very uncoordinated and didnt know anyones name.

(I wonder if she even has any kind of experience in the industry).

BOTTOM LINE,if you are serious about wanting a career in acting or modeling DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL. It is a complete and total waste of money and I dont even know how these people sleep at night.

Comments

i went 2 barbizon ...n it sucked.....they really r a rip off ....all i no is when i payed tht money ..i didnt pay it just 2 gain confidence....i did it because i wanted to be a model....n until today the only thing barbazon has done 4 me is sent me to other places to pay more money.... i wish i did not waste my parents money like tht....after payin so much money ....all i have 2 show 4 it is some cheap makeup....which doesnt even cost 1/4 of the money i payed....barbazion people r baddd people ...n if they r readin this i just want 2 say u have ript me off n i 4 gave n i am movin on with my life....but i day your lies will catch up with u ...

#204739

i attended Barbizon manhattan, and it was truly a BAD experience.Im not trying to be conceited,but i was the only "descent" looking one in my group, and i was told i was part of an exclusive group, that would be guaranteed a job..etc. well honestly this was not worth the $2,300 i paid. worst mistake ever.

#200554

They could care less if you get a modeling job. And they wouldn't know how to get you one anyway.

And most modeling agencies will laugh in your face if you tell them you went to Barbizon. These thieves take A HUGE AMOUNT of your money and know full well you'll never be a model and won't realize you've been ripped off until after you "graduate".

#200142

Well i went to the interviews and my friend did it wit me and they all got called on monday and then the people called me on tuesday. at first i was happy but then the man started pressuering me about the money and i didnt know wat to do and then he said give me your credit card number to save you a spot and me being f**kin *** :( i did and they took out 395 dollars and every day i call to say "no" and he says well u made an "agreement" i feel *** i am gonna cumit suicide because of them i said no so many times and he said its your life and i know that and i know what i want and it is to become a doctor not a model he thinks he knows wat i want wat should i do :( :cry :upset :( :( :( :( :( :(

#197868

i am one of the girls that went to the aduition ther is a speech that takes 2 hours and the wait to get u called to hav ur interview is also 2 hours u hav to pay li[ke 2000 and if u go to the klases it dosent meen ur going to get the job if i wer u i wold save the moni for colage or something beter its a rip off okay :( :( :( :( :eek

i was asked to bring my daughter to atl for an interview we r in indy shld we go

Hello all u unsure soon to be barbizon students! I am going to tell u something useful!

Barbizon is for anyone who wants to go but u can go to them or they can come to you. Barbizon is personal development, modeling, and acting. I made plenty of nice new friends at barbizon, now am doing advanced modeling(exclusive), and work there one day a week for the summer. I absolutely love to see all the people blossom into a beautiful confident new person.

You don't have to do it if u don't want to. U can get jobs from barbizon but remember it is not ford modeling agency. They encourage people to go to the big modeling agencies. Barbizon gives confidence, poise, and a better feeling about urself.

I loved it and am still carrying out the program.

Barbizon is not a scam but is not free, is anything? I would recommend it to anyone who I think would be interested.

No one has any guarantee after graduation. No promises, just the tools. The rest is up to the graduate

Correction.-- If you WANT your child to do good.

Really guys? This is Pethitic.

They are really good. and if you dont want your child to do good you have to be willing to pay what you need to pay and be devoted.

dont blast them over the internet! that shows how cheap you are

And these "little girls" who don't look any older than 25 years are the "Directors"?? How can they sleep at night KNOWING they are ripping people off!!

These "Directors" are "trained" to convince people they are the ones who are "going to make it". Again, WE, us parents, are keeping them in business because of our foolishness! Be aware and don't let your child play a guilt trip on you if you say No. Honestly, if someone wants you, they WILL come to you - just like my actor friend!!

He was scooped up and never paid a cent! Now HE gets paid instead.

This Barbizon *** is a JOKE! They will wisk ANYONE into their program! They make you believe that your child "has" that "certain" look. The Directors and Financial Manager at the HQ in Tampa gave me the "run around". First telling me that if my daughter can no longer participate, that I will get "some" money back. They KNEW I only put down the $495.00 but yet, was verbally told that I would need to only pay for the 1st two classes she attended and some fees, then the rest would be reimbursed to me. Now they are stating that I will not get any money back because I did NOT pay in full.

If they all knew what they were talking about, I wouldn't be out all this money! They don't return calls either!! This is just a PROMOTIONAL place, just like all the rest!

Like my actor friend said, "if someone wants your child, NO MONEY will ever be coming out of your pocket".

Who else will keep Barbizon going? US, the dummies who believe all the hype!

Take fair warning and record any conversations you have with them (tell the first) - this way, you have proof!! :(

im going to be starting barbizon soon & i want to know if what you guys are sayong is true because i do not want my parents wasting their time and moey :sigh

I have been reading through these comments and I can't believe what I am reading. Barbizon was wonderful to my children.

I sent both my kids through the program and it was just great all the way through. My kids did work afterwards but that didn't even matter to me. I didn't enroll my kids in Barbizon just for easy job placement...that is not what they do. They are there to teach the kids the fundamentals.

I looked at it as an extracurricular activity...just as I payed for dance lessons for my daughter and gymnastics for my other daughter...do I think they are going to make a living as a dancer or gymnast?

No but I invest in my kids and what they are interested in. Look at the bigger picture.

It's really hard to fight these types of organizations because some people do come out successful and obviously claim that their success to the Barbizon Organization.

Bottom line is that Barbizon is after your money. Classes should NOT be 4 thousand dollars, their so called conventions should NOT be thousands of dollars to attend.

Most of the people that they claimed to have represented have not and California as well as other states are taking measures to take harsher action against their false allegations.

It's disgusting that they prey on kids dreams like this and they really should be stopped.

Liz, I think you've got it backwards: One GOOD experience doesn't reflect the horribleness of this organization

i just got accepted into the modeling and acting at Barbizon and i want to know the truth because i don't know if this person is just saying this because they have no life but really i wanna do it but just don't know who to believe..... i mean my friend got into it and did photo-shoots and made money also so i don't think its a scam.....

Well I just got accepted and start saturday, will someone please tell me the truth? Is this a scam? im only 14 and this has been my dream for a long long time, and i hear its not then it is?

Eva longoria was found in corpus christi, Texas. By Infinity modeling agency! NOT Barbizon ***

Bairoil, Wyoming, United States #152837

1. Written by ANGRY DAD, on 11-06-2010 12:27

Definitely a SCAM.... all they do is blow up your kid's head and tell them they got what it takes... ( They tell everyone this ).. So... here is the SCAM, they tell everyone that only "selected few" are chose... then ask you to come back to see if you "made it".. ( Everyone Makes It ).. Then comes the pitch about how for $3,190 you take these classes.. Ohh of course the regular price is $4,900 pathetic... Then after that... you can be on tv and print work... but there is no guarantee... everyone that pays is a sucker.. BY THE WAY.. THIS OFFICE WAS ALL HIDDEN SOMEWHERE IN AN INDUSTRIAL PARK IN COSTA MESA CALIFORNIA NEAR JW AIRPORT. We got to our appointment at the exact time 7p they had us waiting there.. till almost 8p... we felt like a bunch of sheep waiting to get taken $$ thankfully ... I got common sense.

People, this is a school.. and they only promise you the world... if youre going to pay.. at least go to a LEGIT place.

LASTLY... they claim to represent DAVID ARCHULETA, ASHTON KUTCHER, EVA LONGORIA.... PLEEEEASE. And unicorns exist.

I went to Barbizon and my graduation was completely professional as well as the school. And I work as a model now so they must have done something right.

One bad experience does not reflect the organization. If you had actually gone to the school you would know that Barbizon offers so much more than a graduation show.

Oh and actually those events are probably very expensive to put on. And tuition goes to teachers, facilities, make up and other materials for the girls, and other overhead.

comments