Reply by Barbizon Modeling School

We are sorry to hear you were not able to attend our program. There are many ways to break into the industry though if Barbizon is not an option for you. Don't give up.
Author's

I went to a Barbizon "casting call" yesterday and everything seemed so great.Elle introduced herself and spoke so greatly about the company.

They had us sit down and watch a slide show of how things work, if you need to start off with confidence building classes etc... we saw a few success stories and they were filling all of our heads up with the idea of getting there would start. Then they made everyone walk a small cat walk and audition. i did great and they called me today and said i had a spot.

Then they told me to start off i had to begin to pay over 2,000. Right then mommy shut it down. They got my hopes up really high and said all these great wonderful things yesterday but in reality they are just a company of scams and don't do business with them.

I'm sitting in my room right now mad and not speaking to my mother because of them.Yeah, and this is coming from a fifteen year old high school girl.

Had an Experience with Barbizon Modeling School?

Comments

My child was picked for Barbizon and had an amazing experience!They really helped my 13 year old daughter with her confidence that she didnt have prior to being exposed to the classes.

They helped her get showcased in front of 10 agents, (3 agencies wanted to represent her) and now she has booked 2 national commercials (with residuals, it has already paid off her future college, has made 90,000 dollars total so far, in the matter of 2 years) and she has booked a guest star role in Nickelodeon's iCarly and Victorious! I love what the company has instilled in my child. Confidence, the belief in her dreams and for them to instill positivity in her. Until now, she struggled so much with her looks and what others thought of her.

Her braces and glasses were something other kids made fun of. Now, she is flying on top of the world!

Thank you Barbizon for everything you have done.Barbizon of LA at LACS is the best!

You noticed all the success stories too? It's all about how their daughter got some awesome job not a modeling job mind you but a job based on her poise. Riiiggghhhttt.......

This is how it went!

Approached in a mall and given an invitation card. Went to the place and had to watch a boring vidoe and it kept talking about investment! My child had to go do a practice runway and then stood in a long long for an inteview. I was told to be quiet and my child was not even 10!

So, we waited for a call back to see if my child was accepted for Barbizon. The calls were not supposed to be any later than 7. We waited and no call. So, we went on doing our own thing and I checked my messages and they called. So we called back but said sorry since you didnt answer we went to the next perosn! WTF??? So, I argued about how that is not fair! So, they let my child in and we were NOT given the option for a payment plan! So, we paid the $2,000 right then and there. Barbizon is just a school and had a blast! Except they got NO experience for fashion shows or anything! They did NOT even give the make up kits like promised in the contract! Also we found out that you can't go to any Barbizon if you move! We had such a hard time for them to let us go to redo (make up classes for the ones missed).

Garduation day came and that day the make up artist never showed! They hired so lady to do the hair and the photographer was very late! So, everything had to be done backwards and it was a HOT MESS!

The photogragper was not dressed very decent either (holey shirt and etc.) They each only had 2 mins of picture time. Then, they had the...

After that you were handed a lot of papers and had to scedule a one on one interview with the agent. (every one got that)

Well, we went and my time was taken up by the person before me. My time was cut short to only 15 mins, and it was supposed to be an hr! Also that 15 mins was interupted by calls she said she had to take because it was another parent! She gave the computer to me to scroll through the pictures on my own!

Was picked for high fashion.

So then the process began and it went to *** very fast!

The instrutors try to force acting on you, they are rude, they yell at the children, get in their faces, and etc.

You are told about things at the very last minute. We had to find outfits that fit their list to the exact in 1 week! Plus the potos were $550 if you bought that day and $900 if you wanted a payment plan.

They they complained if the attire was not what they wanted but yet they only gave you actually less than a week. (6 days) SO, they had to deal with the best I could get!

You are not allowed to watch not even 5 mins like you were told you could as a parent!

Oh and there is more! We were told we could not talk or ask the instrutors questions and if you did you were a stage parent!

We were not all owed to talk and emails were being deleted with out being read! I have proof of everything!

We were told we had to pay the full amount of $10,000 by that next Friday (for June 2011 IPAS) Yet the contract had another date on it! We were also not told it had to be paid in full before attending. They violated contracts!

They told ones they could no longer go to classes like they said we could. Their excuss for us is that we were not paying payments but WE WERE the entire time! I also have proof of this!

DO NOT DO IT RUN AWAY

Attended an orientation with my 12yr old.I had my guard up before attending but did not want to disappoint my little one.

Even with all of the madness that I read I feel like if the employees at the school actually fulfill their job it would still be a meaningful experience for my daughter. I like truth and honesty and expect to be told everything up front. I already knew that my little girl was going to be excepted and figured that anyone that was willing to pay would also be accepted!

With a little research and advice from a couple of models in my circle, I have decided to invest my money into a portfolio and make some phone calls!!!I wish every one sucess with whatever avenues that they take, whether its Barbizon, some other company or doing the lead work yourself.

When they stopped me (they ran a booth outside of the movie theatre), their booth said NOTHING about Barbizon - it was as if they were ashamed - and I didn't even know which company it was until the orientation.They convince everyone to cough up an ungodly amount of money, they get their hopes up, and drop them like nothing if they can't afford it.

The booth also said nothing about "modelling school" - They simply told me it was a way to get connected to bigger acting careers.So Barbizon employees, stop getting on these sites and putting your fake *** success stories everywhere.

Every activity that kids do today cost money, Barbizon is a training center.My daughter went thru Barbizon and the classes were amazing.

She is on her way to NYC this summer for a business internship, she interviewed and got the internship over hundreds of others.Barbizon helped her with that as she obviously presented carried and presented herself the best!

SO you never actually had any experience with Barbizon outside of the audition.How can you really make a statement like this if you have never gone through any of their classes or had any real experience with them.

Sounds to me like you're just mad at your mom because she said no.

I went to Barbizon and it was completely amazing!It's really sad that you would write something like this when you have never even had any experience with this company.

your lucky after the 2000 then its 1000 for a portfollio 1000 for this 2000for that and all you EVER get is smoke blown up your *** and false promises moms right

comments