Reply by Barbizon Modeling School

We hope the audtion process answered any outstanding questions you have but should you still have questions, concerns or unresolved issues, we are here to help. We can be reached at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com
Author's
1.3K views

me and my dad just got off the phone with barbizon and they said i have a iterview on the 21 but i dont know if this is fake or what. if this i sgonna coast melots of money im goona be pissed.

i dont know what to do,i would love if this is for real but im not wasting my time with omething thats just a scam. has anyone eles exually think this is for real.

im really involed with modeling thing and really wana do it, they better not ruin my dream....... sooooo what should i do

Comments

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States #794387

Barbizon is real! Yes it may cost but I just graduated in June 2014.

In this little time after graduation I have participated in four live runway shows (hair, prom, and casual).

They really do prepare and better you for the work industry. Take full advantage on this oppurtunity.

I am a firm believer in Barbizon!!! Yes I did have to put some money into myu daughter with them but it was work it.

Its just like anything else you do you have to do research and 9 times out of 10 you have to spend some money in order to get great results. The agents and casting directors you come incontact with through barbizon are exspensive people. They just are.And they have to be paid just like everyone else in order to get you to the proper place of success. My daughter is on a role because of them and her own talent wrapped up in one.

Now if you have a child that loves acting/modeling make sure they put there all into it and is willing to work hard at what they are pursuing because these agents arent fake at all and they really have the credentials you the actor/model needs to really make it. If you are one of those type of people who assume you can get by by just giving minimal personality, work ethic, will, drive and ambition this whole scenerio isnt for you. You waste time and money. And if there is a parent reading this and you are the type thats gonna force your chold into this industry this isnt for you either.

Otherwise this company is NO HOAX! They are real and really have great credentials.

I can vouche. I was scared at first but like I said my daughter had the ambition and now its paying off.

Barbrizon will cost you money but when they call it is no hoax. someone had to have recomended you. but they have been in buisness for almost 80 years

to liney Buffalo, New York, United States #777247

You meanthey have been ripping people off for 80years!

Do you how many call back did the contestants from Pennsylvania get? Where the 150 agents from 150 agencies? thank you for your honest response.

Because we are independently owned and operated, Barbizon Midwest is its own entity. Please be careful in clarifying which Barbizon you are referring to.

Barbizon Midwest is always happy to resolve any issues within our own company. Phone: 847-241-6630

Email: Barbizonmidwestmodels@gmail.com

Check out our Barbizon MIDWEST website, blog (blogspot), facebook, twitter, or pinterest!

Dont worry , It's all legitimate . I just came from that same cruise yesterday it was so much fun and I gained a lot of new friends and contacts on the cruise .

You will get exposure on Passport To.

Discovery , I won my division and 5 other awards/scholarships plus I got a lot of callback not to mention I'm " African-American " lol so It's not a bias cruise. Good luck and congratulations to anyone who's going on the cruise & just left .

to Jessica Bailey Buffalo, New York, United States #777242

Yeah but you forgot to mention that the girls are required to PAY for this cruise! Barbizon is a JOKE. Even aftr paying the obscene amount of money for a total of 8 hours a month parents STILL have to buy the things the girls need for class.

Everyone, the Passport to Discovery is an EVENT not an agency. It is an event where they bring agents along so you can show them what you got. There seems to be a huge misconception in this submission.

ITS A SCAM! i actually went to try outs today, and my mom was sitting at the interveiw table thinking about it, she handed her credit card over and the lady did the work, the lady was supposed to take only160$ off my moms account and my mom cancelled it, the lady already took 700$ from her credit card, and the full payment is almost 2000$ any REAL agency would never ask for money. :(

to Kali #660695

Barbizon is not an agency, that's where you went wrong. You need to understand that Barbizon is a Modeling School where you get all training necessary to sign with an agency.

They tell you straight from the beginning that it's not an agency. They give you publicity to agents to get you signed. Relax. And also, real angencies do ask for money.

As soon as you sign, you have a start photoshoot for ylur portfolio that could cost over 400 dollars. Modeling is a huge commitement and you need to be serious about it. It costs this much because if your willing to pay a ton of money for the best of the best, you'll make the money back. Barbizon is not a scam, I am a graduate and have been accepted by several agencies because of my training there.

Just remember IT IS NOT AN AGENCY. :roll

to Kali Buffalo, New York, United States #777243

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! They did the same to me!

Once you give them your credit card information they will knit pick your account DRY.

I didn't have the amount they needed on my accoun so they kept taking it out in small increments until my account was CLEANED out! They don't care no matter how they tell you they will "work with you: they LIE!

to Kali #784152

Not sure what information or who you were talking to at this table but the lady we worked with was great and HONEST. I really wouldny call it a SCAM unless you did a little bit more research.

Barbizon isnt an Agency they are more of a scouting company with classes connected and extreme connections to agents. There is a difference in Agencies, Scouts, Casting Directors, Managers and all. I dont mean to be rude and I dont work for them nor do I have a reason to lie but Barbizon is able to back up the reason they have to charge what they charge. They offer classes that really help.

NOw you all have to be able to work well with others and have communication skill ion order to be able to work in this industry.

You calling people scams right off the bat can get you black balled from anybosy wanting to work with you in the industry. DO YOUR REASEARCH, TRY IT OUT, OR GO A DIFFERENT ROUT

i went to barbizon it has been great for me i am currently modeling and acting and i have a manager and 2 agents one in new york and one in boston! :) im telling you the truth not a scam i am only 14 and i have been helping barbizon on there cruise and there audions i am part of the staff as well as a full time model its amazing

to Lee #663757

do you need to be a use citizen couse my friend want to try but first she want to make sure if u need that :zzz

Im currently at Barbizon. Its not a scam.

I've already learned so much that I can use to further whatever career I choose. But most importantly, Barbizon has opened doors for me. Im going on a cruise in october called Passport to Discovery that will provide me with many oppurtunities in the industry. Its true that you dont have to go to a school to make it in modeling, but in my case, I wouldn't have had the confidence to go for it and I wouldnt even know where to begin to get where I need to go.

I've learned so much in Barbizon that I feel confident that I can make it in the industry. I would recomend it to anyone :)

to Alix Denver, Colorado, United States #620716

So is every Passport to Discovery on a cruise? And how much does it cost?

Im currently at Barbizon. Its not a scam.

My Daughter is a barbizon graduate. I assure you this is no scam, she has been extremely successful all because of barbizon.

She has been to N.Y.

and Cal. thanks to them and the connections the Barbizon team has.

comments