Barbizon Modeling School Certificate Review from Graham, North Carolina

I graduated from barbizon when I was 15. I am now 19 and still haven't received my certificate.

I called repeatedly and no one still has sent it. Therefore I am very u pleased with barbizon.

I paid all the money for nothing to show. You have to be kidding me.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are very sorry this has not been resolved for you by the Barbizon location you attended. We would be happy to resolve this for you promptly through our corporate office if you would please reach out to us directly at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com. Again, our sincere apologies this was not resolved for you sooner.
Problem with delivery

Refund

I am very very upset with Barbizon right now. MY daughter gave it a try and she felt that it conflicted with her other interest and school, so I did as I was told and sent a certified letter to Barbizon, TO LET THEM KNWO THAT MY DAUGHTER WAS NO LONGER INTERESTED.

They just so conveniently received the letter until they say she was 50% into her classes so now I am not eligible to get a refund so that is 1120.00 gone down the drain. I am very upset right now because I know I sent the letter off in plenty of time and yet they made sure it was received after the halfway mark. PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!!!!! I THINK THIS IS A SCAM.

They did not hesitate to take the money out of my account every 2 weeks faithfully. I am not going to be done with this, I will take it to a higher level because this is not right.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry Barbizon did not currently work with your daughter's scheduled and you were not happy with our refund policy. We do have an enrollment agreement on file in which you acknowledged the refund policy at the time you enrolled your daughter in the program in July. We do see where the last payment we collected on your account was as scheduled in August and we promptly stopped payments when we received your letter of cancelation on 9-22-15. We would be happy to offer further assistance via our account representatives at our corporate office. They can be reached by calling 1-800-330-8361.
ID
Cons
  • Dissatisfied
  • Barbizon
refund
Loss
Full refund

Harassment

Gil Levy continues to harass my 15yo daughter after I told him TWICE to stop contacting her. I warned him the I would take action, but he is still texting her. I will report this to police today.

He also misrepresented the company claiming it was the largest modeling agency in the country. I looked it up via internet only to find out it is a modeling school.

I will also take this to the Better Business Bureau and other such agencies as I see fit. If he would have listened to me in the first place, these actions could have been avioded!

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sincerely sorry for this behavior by our employee. We appreciate you alerting us of this so we can address this internally. This behavior is most definitely not inline with our corporate policy or customer service mission. We can assure you we take this very seriously and will address this internally. Again, our sincere apology.
ID
Cons
  • Dissatisfied
  • Harassment

Verified Reviewer

My Dauther's Modeling Classes

My Daughter Jasmine has been with barizon for sometime now. I called barizon to let them know my daughter would have to miss her classes this weekend my daughter's grandfether died.

I was told that yes she could make that class up i was going to let them know that my daughter would not be there on sunday the dates were the20th and 21 I then was told that jasmine mite have to retake classes that she have already done because they say she didn't sign in and my daughter say she did I was told that someone would call me to let me know about the dates I have not hard anything from anyone yet. I feel they have took my money cause I am done paying for my daughter's classes and now they are giving me the runaround if someone don't get in touch with me I am going to call my lawyer and they will have to work it out with him I feel it is very unfair and ridiculous because they are not keeping up with information better then what they are doing so they feel it's easier to just make my daughter the classes over I have to drive way from ST. James La.

so can someone take care of this matter. Thank Angel Williams

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Hi Angel, Sorry for the miss communication you experienced. We would be happy to allow your daughter to make up her missed classes the next time there is a class in her area. We can be contacted via phone at 1-800-330-8361 or via email at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com and would be happy to make arrangements for you. Thank you for reaching out to us.
ID
Cons
  • Dissatisfied
Preferred solution
All I want them to do is let my daughter finish her classes so she can graduate his is her last month. That's all I want nothing more and nothing less.

Barbizon has failed me and I feel as if it is a scam

I signed my daughter up for Barbizon, I was told by Dana the agent who did the interview that she would have a portfolio done while in the school ( a total lie) and she would be guaranteed a job once she graduated we haven't heard anything since then and I am very unhappy with this company. I have emailed and called and nothing.

I feel as if I should have my money returned as they did not live up to what they guaranteed. It would be nice to have a follow up phone call.

They have not found my daughter a job like they specified NOTHING!! I feel deeply dissatisfied with this company.

Hi Ms. Brown,

Thank you for alerting us of the your concerns. As it is stated on our website and in the literature you received at the interview, unfortunately we can not and do not guarantee employment. We do however offer a complimentary placement service for our graduates to help them into the industry with opportunities. It should have been explained during your daughters Barbizon program that she needed to call our corporate office upon completion of the program and request a placement packet, complete the packet and return it to our office to enroll in the free placement service. Our records indicate a placement packet has not been requested yet. As your daughter just graduated less than a week ago, she will want to wait for her certificate of completion before requesting her placement packet and can do so by calling your Barbizon location at 1-800-330-8361. In addition, unfortunately we can not provide you a portfolio and do not provide portfolios, we are sorry if Dana provided communication that may have led you to believe otherwise. A portfolio is a compilation of work your daughter has done in the industry. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to your local Barbizon directly and we can offer additional assistance at 1-800-330-8316.
ID
Pros
  • Teachers
Cons
  • Dissatisfied
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
$1900
Full refund

Barbizon Modeling School - Refund Policy Review from El Monte, California

It's been over a month, Barbizon says they'd send the money the following week. They owe me $500.

We just called again and they said this coming Thursday. After this Thursday and no money, we'll be in court.

There perceiving me as if I'm ***, keeping me on hold till they hang up. I'm done, lawsuit up and ready.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We would be glad to help you resolve the issues you have had. Without having all of the details, we ask that you reach out to our customer service team via email at barbizon@barbizonmodleing.com so we can effectively resolve this for you. Thank you.
ID
#619997 Review #619997 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Shame on the hater

I went down with another friend of mine this was in the late 70's I don't know if the woman was a Biggot or just a hater bot of us came from mix back grounds my friend just black/ mine multicultural from both parents any way the woman was father always warn mi it was a for, of Bullying how she told my I could never model I could only do hand shots. My friend only certain shots I'm so very glad barbazon is not the only modeling agency and that people of all walks of life no matter size race color creed gender. She was a very rude nasty bitter old white woman who's probaly has many grandchildren just like mi ☺️ My husband and I have (8) very beautiful children and (7) grandchildren passing fo more then one race and color if that's what her real problem was Im so very glad we ignore letters coming in for them I would never push or i courage this kind of behavior I'm not Ugly under or over weight

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry your experience over 40 years ago with our company was not a good one. We can assure you we employee and accept people into our programs of all backgrounds, race and body type.

Review from Livermore, California

U made me pay when u said it was free

Hi Emily,

Some of the aspects of our program do require a fee, which is always optional of course. We never want someone to feel forced into joining our program. Have you tried to speak to your Barbizon location directly about this? We would be happy to review your account further if you would like, simply email us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.
Problems with payment

Should I Should I Not?

Yeah okay. Got a personal call from a woman at Barbizon in San Francisco.

I'm looking into modeling. I was worried from the start but they are convincing even over the phone. But I'm not a total ***. Adults like to think they can fool kids or teenagers.

Not every child or teenager is the same. They're the *** for assuming that. I'm supposed to go in this Saturday but I always look into things if it's going to a new place for a haircut or trying a new restaurant. This is a big deal.

My boyfriend's little sister apparently went to Barbizon a few years ago and took the classes for a whole year and nothing came of it except waste of money. Her parents quit. This, plus all these complaints, do not bode well for me or for Barbizon. I would just like to ask if there is anything positive?

Does anyone know of anyone who has a positive expierence or not totally negative? Also, if your careful and know how to handle yourself (such as not giving away important unnecessary information, not feeding into greed, keeping your head on your shoulders) Do you think it is possible to gain something at all from this..Barbizon? Is this just a hate page? If I keep digging will I find both pro's and ***'s?

I would love to know. I will not get my mother involved if these people are Barbarians such as all of you describe. It fits right? Barbizon Barbarians?

If all of this is true. I have yet to make up my mind and make a decision.

Thank you. But I will not be pulled into a scam by adults who never made it past lesson 5 in being a good person while growing up.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Our Barbizon representatives are always here to answer your questions and address any concerns you have. We can be reached via email at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com

I went there as more of a finishing school as a tween. It is good for that and some basic knowledge of modeling.

I had a wonderful experience because we knew what it was for and what I would get from it. As an adult I attended with some of my friends children because they asked me to go for awhile they were very shy after 3 weeks they warmed up and I didn't have to go anymore but it was still the same as my younger days there. It is great to polish a young lady but is not in anyway going to make you a star. I worked as a model but it was never due to any placement by them.

You do not have to spend any money to work as a model you need one headshot and one body shot. Send them out and you will get contacted if needed or for the bill.

I would contact place more then once if you are serious but modeling is no different then any other job. Also don't fall for photographers making you a profolio to start yes you can get your head shot and stuff done by a pro but that is it a profolio is actual jobs you did not a family photo album filled with pages of photos you paid for.

Review from Atlanta, Georgia

well,all in all i wasted my money for just nothing also this lady gave me a script and i did a little act for her about twislers anyway she was on her phone the hole time (rude) they just want your money

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you were not happy with your Barbizon experience and were not provided the best customer service we can offer. We would very much like to make this right for you and would be happy to discus your experience further. Please contact us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com so we can discuss your experience further.

Barbizon Modeling School - Modeling Classes Review from Pensacola, Florida

I went to a audition and was chosen just like every one else in the room. My father paid about $500 a month for me to attend theclass I graduated and everything but I didnt pursue it anymore because everything was out of our own pockets.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry to hear you did pursue opportunities with our company upon graduating from your training courses. We would be happy to help you with opportunities if you are still interested in working in the industry. As was explained during your training, placement services are complementary to our graduates, not costing you anything additional. If you would like us to help you with placement services, please contact us via email: barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com

Barbizon Modeling School - Modeling Classes Review from Kailua, Hawaii

I just want to say that I have been chosen at a mall for Barbizon once and I have to say that at first they are nice but if you try to sit down and have an appointment to come to an agreement, it *** sucks to have someone you just *** met tell you "don't sit down if your just going to waste my *** time and not sign up!" and this was no nice lady it was more like sassy as ***. Like what the ***???

What was stuck up her *** that day?? What the *** did I even do wrong?? All I wanted to know is what if this or that happens what if I want to sign up another time?? Her answer for that was "There is no other time it's either now or never!!" Like what the *** Barbizon needs to get their attitude checked out because most of you are rude!!

It's my first time going there to see what you all were about and I have to say that you all were very rude and disgraceful.

Anyways I signed up and like a few minutes after that told them I didn't want to be apart of it just to *** them off because, that's how I felt, I wanted them to feel how i felt. I mean like for real I'm paying you for these *** classes and if i can't get along with you my answer is never because who wants to be around stuck up people?

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Thank you for your feedback regarding your audition process. We are sorry you felt you were not provided the best customer service and best experience. We can assure you we take the feedback we are provided seriously and will be sure to address this with the location in which you auditioned. Should you wish to provide more feedback, please email us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

You should never pay for modeling. They should be paying you. Usually if you pay its nothing but a scam

Barbizon Modeling School Enrollment Fee Review from San Gabriel, California

During the enrollment fee payment, I decided to use my card. Then they asked for my ssn.

Being gullible, still young, and never going through a scam before, I thought it was normal. I didn't even ask what they needed it for, when I should have. But the next day, my bank alerted me with a text and email asking for confirmations on if I had used my card out of state. Long story short, they're a scam because they asked for my ssn, and it's the biggest lesson I've learned recently.

I am quite positive that they are behind my card being compromised because I have never given out my ssn before. Not even my doctors' offices have asked for it. When will you ever need to tell that to anyone? When it's for proving that you are a US citizen.

Beware. Second situation, I also didn't have enough funds to pay the enrollment fee of $499, not even for the minimum down payment that the director we spoke to, had said, which was $200. We had something short of that and she still accepted it for the downpayment. That's super sketch.

So what if they will put you through classes that cost a lot of money, and for some people, will never make it in the industry?

They seem really unorganized and shady with their auditions, and that's ultimately what people should look out for. When I think back to all the other families and young kids I saw that day, I feel sorry seeing others potentially getting scammed or getting their cards compromised as well.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry to hear you were not happy with our company. We can assure you this is not our business practice and should you be concerned about your personal or financial security, you should contact our corporate office immediately.
Problems with payment

Barbizon Modeling School - Modeling Classes Review from Gaithersburg, Maryland

It not a scam it more like a school they evan say mostly u wont b a model for living it more like a hobby and it set u up for local jobs this is more for fun if u expect this make u a huge full time moe dont show tbh the advage model only works succesfullh for 5 years

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Thank you for your review of our company. We are glad you were happy with our company.
Good customer service

Barbizon Modeling School - Modeling Classes Review

I too a had a bad experience with barbizon. They told me my child was selected out of 3300 applicants and she was 1 of the top 400.

Well needless to say they set you up for the kill when they tell you if you are selected you will have to pay up front for training. If someone is really interested in you for your talents they will absorb the cost when you start making money. This woman "Jay" told me how beautiful and smart my daughter was. And that i was going to have my hands fulls with her.

She then procceded to ask me if I thought this was something i could afford.

When my reply was no she told my daughter she would be moved to the top of the list for next years call backs. And be sure to let them know if i won th lottery.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you were not able to experience the Barbizon program. To address some of your concerns regarding payment, you are correct that you should not pay up front for modeling representation. However, the fees associated with training are there to cover costs associated with the training, supplies, instructors, ect. Barbizon never charges for placement or representation. We would be happy to offer more insight into our business practices and that of the modeling industry. We can be contacted at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

Okay so I have just begun barbizon they are very nice people. You can chose different payment options. Sorry, but, yours is invalid considering you didn't bother to look at the payment options

@PissedConsumer926866

Lilbit, how long have you worked for Scambizon? It's a *** scam charging big money for worthless class's that promise a career in fashion and modeling to losers who are so *** they actually believe the sales pitch.

get a life!

@PissedConsumer927311

I loved those "ppointless" classes they teach you how to be confident in your skin and talk to people look people in the eyes etc it was well worth the money and they gave me make up and a photo session worth more than what I paid for the class also o had done 15 modeling jobs just from those classes which more than over paid for what I paid for the class the modeling teaching you need to make some money too.

View more comments (2)