I didn't allow them to trap us into a scam.

Yesterday, when my family and I were at the mall in Beaverton Oregon (03-12-11)a women came up to us representing Barbizon. She complimented my daughter's look and gave us a card indicating the time and place to bring our daughter in for a complimentary modeling and acting workshop.

My daughter was so excited. Of course, thanks to the internet, as a parent, we are the ones looking out for our children, I did some research, shared the information with both my husband and daughter, decided we will not play into their deceitfulness and false hopes. Shame on them.

Sure our daughter was upset, but as her parents it is our responsibility to look out for our daughter.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We appreciate you doing your research. We encourage all parents to research anything their children may be intersted in. We do hope in your research you also were able to see all of the amazing testimonials we have and positive reviews. As well as research into the details of our amazing program.

shut up steve you know it's a scam. I guess they should have paid thousands of dollars to an "interaction" with them only to find out what everybody already knows....it's a scam

What exactly is your complaint? Barbizon didn't do anything wrong.

You are blasting a company that you know nothing about but what you are reading on a site that is set up with no policing to blast companies. You can find something on every company in the world on here. First I hope people reading this complaint realize that you are blasting a company that you had no interaction with. Second, I would like to say that my daughter attends Barbizon and it's been great!

They have taught her so much more than modeling and acting! She as grown into the young woman my wife and I want her to be. She's focused, driven, confident and well mannered.

Shame on you for writing something you know nothing about. Barbizon is great!

Problems with payment

Barbizon tried to bully my daughter into signing up!

When they first called my 15 year old daughter, a man named Jay-Jay told her a friend had "recommended her," but couldn't identify the friend. I got on the phone to ask how he got my daughter's name and cellphone number, and he wouldn't say.

I told them never to contact her again. No legitimate business would call a minor after a parent told them not to. But the man who first phoned called her back three more times. I thought it was a stalker, and tried to file a police report (no crime was committed so i couldn't).

Later, a woman called (i guess they thought this would be less intimidating). The woman tried to sell my daughter the same bill of goods, that a friend had recommended her. My daughter put the call on speakerphone so I could hear it. They told her they had no record of the friend's name.

She asked the woman if she worked with Jay-Jay, the first caller. Long pause, then, "yes, he's my assistant." My daughter said she had already told Jay-Jay she wasn't interested, and her mother did too. The female caller said she doubted Jay-Jay would have called her again if she said she wasn't interested. My daughter said, "he did call, three more times." The woman on the end of the phone told my daughter she was pretty "snippy" for a 14-year old.

My daughter's reply: "For your information, I'm a snippy 15 year old." To which the caller responded, "You're pretty short for a 15 year old." She then asked again if my daughter was interested. She said no, and the woman signed off sarcastically with, "Have a nice life!"

I think they BULLY young girls to persuade their parents to sign them up. And those friend referrals?

I think Barbizon trolls facebook looking for young women. I'd just like to know how they got her cell number, cause it's not on her facebook page.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sincerely sorry that we have upset you and for the way this person spoke to you. It is our policy that our talent directors must respect your wishes if you no longer wish to be called, we will address this internally immediately. As far as where we received your daughters information, we did not troll Facebook to find your daughters information. We abide by the laws set forth and our company policy that we are not allowed to call unless your daughter has submitted information into our system as an interested candidate for our training center or a friend has referred her. Due to privacy laws we are not allowed to say who referred her, if that was the case. We can assure you that we are an upstanding company that has been in business for over 70 years and have provided many of our graduates the tools that have lead them to great success. We are sorry that you were treated poorly and as a result were not open to hearing about some of our great programs. We would like to speak with you directly to best resolve this and answer any questions you may have. You can contact us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com. Again, our sincerest apologies.

I had an incident a few years back with Barbizon. They had my cell AND home numbers and were texting and calling me.

My grandmother answered the phone and asked how they got my number. They said "Well, she must have signed up at the mall a few days ago", or something along those lines. For one thing, I hadn't been to the local mall in ages, and I NEVER signed up for anything. I hear that they buy phone call lists from schools, but my school didn't have my cell number.

I don't see why a school would give out information on it's students, anyway. After my nana had a good talk with the agent, they stopped calling. I've gotten a new cell number since then, thank God, but I saw them calling again a couple days ago.

They haven't since. I think it best just to ignore them.

Keep getting harassed by Barbizon. I have told them that my adult daughter has expressed that she is not interested but I keep getting calls.

I requested that they remove me from their call list but they said the only way they would do so is if I sent them an email. What??

So they cam spam me to death too??? I would never do business with a company that ran their business like that.

Even if her daughter did sign up (not saying she did) that doesn't make it right for the Jay cat guy to continue calling her. It's harassment and only goes to show how desperate they are to take peoples money. Pathetic really

Oh look, Barbizon personally wrote on here. Further proof that they get their employees to come on here and say "No! Barbizon is AMAZING!"

1. they go into schools on career days, and have kids fill out forms to win scholarships

2. kids fill out audition requests online

thats it. you children did one of those two things.

:( you are a liar

Funny... that Barbizon says that " we are not allowed to call unless your daughter has submitted information into our system as an interested candidate for our training center or a friend has referred her. Due to privacy laws we are not allowed to say who referred her, if that was the case."

My daughter was called this weekend as well and DID NOT put her name in any website about modeling. I do not give out my daughters cell number and was very shocked to have someone calling her over and over. When she didn't answer the call the first 3 times, they continued to call. I told her to answer since I was right there and got the same story... someone must have refered her. This is a rediculous way to hid the fact that you are obtaining children's numbers and contacting them without interest and authorization. I am providing the information regarding this contact to the attorney generals office and the Boston better business bureau.

Any legitimate business would not contact children... who by the way, are not old enough to enter into any contract anyway.

You have to read Barbizon's reply to believe anyone could be so brazen! Privacy laws prrotect the identity of the person who supposedly recommended my daughter?

They expect me to believe that! What about my daughter's privacy? Somebody is passing out her phone number, and she doesn't have the right to know who? And I was victimized by two rogue employees?

The only two in the bunch? We are not that naive.

This is not how barbizon works. Your daughter must have put her information on some type of "teen modeling website" just for fun, and someone got her number and sayed they were barbizon because barbizon is such a trusted, secure, most friendly place.

Interesting the same thing happened to us. Apparently these people have something to hide. Parents like us need to stick together and stop these bullying sales tactics!

View more comments (12)
Poor customer service

Barbizons the biggest mistake I ever made.

I know there's a lot of parents out there complaining but here is an actual kids point of view on this whole thing. So like many other girls, I was contacted by one of Barbizons representatives and of course begged my mom to just let me go to the interview.

At the interview, we sat through an excruciatingly long lecture all about this dumb school. After the dose of BS we then waited TWO HOURS for a brief interview by this "Model Scout". She told my mother and I how perfect I would be as a model! She even told me to pick my hair up off my neck then said, "Yeah, you could be a neck model".

Instead of telling us to wait a few days then maybe we'd get called she gave us her number and told us to call her. That was the icing on top obviously. Then $2000 and some bad runway lessons later here I am complaining about their rip off of a school.

We needed that $2000. But no, a lady in a fancy suit told me I had a nice neck, so I just had to go. I'm still trying to follow my dreams and try and pursue this, but Barbizon CANNOT HELP you! If you have a daughter with similar dreams you know how bad this could crush them.

So moral of the story, stay away from this scam. I didn't and here I am back at square one.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry to hear of your poor experince with our company. We would be happy to work to resolve the stated issues you had. Our customer service team can always be reached via email at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com and is available to help you.

To Zoey: I graduated three years ago, and my "bad attitude" is that this school didn't do anything for me. Yeah, I got a job but I had to get to that point all by myself. I know that dosen't sound bad at all but Barbizon PROMISED me help in this industry and that's all I was expecting. Just a little help. I get sitting around for interviews and all, i've done it. I just don't think it was worth the wait that time. Also, if this school is so wonderful, why are you even on this website? It's called pissed consumer. Want to go run your mouth on someone elses complaint? Your just taking advantage of the fact that i'm a kid..

P.S. I didn't need their "life skills". If I didn't have any confidence and public speaking skills by now, I woulden't even be able to walk out my front door.

Think before you speak.

I actually went to Barbizon and find this complaint to be a bit inconclusive. So you're complaining that the runway lessons were bad and because you paid $2000 (which you probably couldn't afford in the first place) and because you didn't find a job.

First, when did you graduate? You do not get jobs in modeling overnight. This is not a profession that you way up one day and become the next Tyra Banks. It sometimes could take years of pursuing and even then you may never work in this industry.

It's one of the most competitive industries in the world. Not to mention the fact that you obliviously have a bad attitude and no one wants to work with someone like that. As far as the runway classes being bad, how can you judge that if you have never worked? Are you a modeling expert?

Obviously not. Barbizon doesn't promise that you will ever work in modeling, they give you the tools but the rest is up to you. When you go to college they don't guarantee you a job when you graduate. You have to work really hard and if you've been sitting around waiting for an agent from NY or LA to call you, you are never going to work.

You need to be proactive, get a list of local agents from your Barbizon school and submit your headshots to them. Call and follow up. Connect with online tools like modelwire.com or others and start marketing yourself. I hear girls complain the same way you have all the time and most of the time it's just a fact that they've been lazy about getting into the industry.

Oh and as far as waiting around for two hours...get used to it...you could be waiting for 5 hours at a casting with 1,000 other girls only to get into the casting room for them to tell you in 2 seconds that something is wrong with you and dismiss you. Get over yourself!

It's a shame that you didn't get one thing out of Barbizon.

It's a wonderful program and even if you never become a model, they teach you great skills for life. Stop complaining and start doing.

A: if you're attractive, you don't need a modeling school;

B: if you gave them $2000.00 because they said you'd be a good "neck" model,then this CAN'T be the biggest mistake you ever made!

View more comments (2)
Not as described/ advertised

IPAS BARBIZON - L GONZALEZ / low life people

if you are in the position to get out of any contract with them - do it.

you will see that the product is really NOTHING. they sell a dream and they do not deliver a thing.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are very sorry to hear about this. We can assure you this will be addressed with this Barbizon location. We would like to speak with you further so we can find out more about the situation and effectively address the situation with the people involved and Barbizon location. We would also like to try and make this right for you. Again our apology. Please email us at parents@barbizonmodeling.com

NOT FREE

Barbizon was great for us but the IPAC Classes were NOT!

They lie, they expect for you to come up with tons of money on short notice, and more!

Why do you have so many names?

We got disenrolled because they claimed we weren't paying but we were making a payment the entire time!

Contract yeah that snaother issue! They broke that wtrying to make us pay before the due date! I have emails to compare to the contract to prove ths! They don't tel you its due in full before you attend the conference until a week prior!

Also we were told while attending to never ask the instuctors questions, never to talk to them eer again! So i can't ask questions now???

RUN FAR AWAY

I have proof of everything and even proof emails were being deleted with out be read!

I was told that attending the showcase is free!?!?

I'm so confused by all of the mixed reviews I've been hearing.

Hi Michelle,

Again our apology. Please email us at parents@***.com

View more comments (3)

Barbizon SCAM

Folks... open your eyes, BARBIZON MODELING is the bigest scam ever.

They just want your money, more and more and more. ANY one is good to go. They say that your kid is wonderfull, that they have skills bla, bla bla.. They want your money, that's all.

The people are friendly only while they are trying to convince you to get in, after that they don't give a damm. Poor classes, poor "teachers". They promise pictures at the end of the classes to build your photo shut....

yes there are pictures, but you have to pay again.. and is a lot of money.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you did not have a positve experiene with our company. We would like to resolve any outstanding issues you have had. Please contact us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com

I'm a Barbizon graduate, and let me tell you, it is NOT a scam. All of you who say it is have not even experienced the program or else you really didn't excel.

Sure, its a lot of money, and it may sound fishy at first, but its all worth it in the end. You aren't gaurunteed anything out of it except training, but if you show readiness in classes and excel in everything you can, they will email you about jobs that pay! I graduated about 2 weeks ago at the age of 13 and have already been emailed for a promotial modeling job for a week and a half. This is all because I cared about what I was doing and tried as best I could in every single part of our classes.

I know a lot of the girls in my class did so and are now working and going on to do amazing things. There are so many opportunities that I get to take part in later on that all came from this amazing school. My instructors were the best teachers and guides throughout my experience and will now go on to mentor me in the rest of my career. So, before you say Barbizon is some big scam, look at what its done for people who truly WANTED this for themselves and WANTED what they could provide to you for the rest of your life.

If you know your interested in modeling, acting, or just boosting your confidence, try the course before making others think its all a scam, which its not! :)

I get that things cost money, but they need to be up front. Have you ever had to pay to watch your kid graduate a coarse you actually already paid for??

Ridiculous.

What exactly is the initial money for if you keep having to shell out for photo's that should be included, it is after all a modeling school. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck then it must be a duck or in this case BS

wait 3 months for your contract

NOT TRUE

NO YOU DONT GET FREE ANYTHING!

SEATLLE BRANCH YOU DON'T DO ANY OF THAT ***! THEY ARE VERY RUDE AND THYE HAVE SO MANY NAMES.

THEY VIOLATE CONTRACTS AND MORE!

Do they give you free clothes.?

Barbizon isn't a scam! It cost 2000.00 because your trained by proffesionals!

&& It cost more because you have to by accessories, jewerlry, shoes & all clothes that are glamourous! so it's worth it!

and after you graduate you dont get a job right away you have to wait 3 months for your contract! and when you in classes you do interviews, commercials and just be on tv Its worth it!!!!

Not true that everyone gets picked. I consoled a granddaughter who was not picked.

Despite that fact I believe this has been good for her and it really meant something to her when she was picked later.

The money was there when she wasn't picked.

Barbizon is a SCAM. Check out DATELINE- Chris Hansen expose!

The form for college scholarships is a way for them to get your childrens info they don't even read it.

There is only 2 acting classes . So if they try to sell you on ACTING you won't get anywhere. The training for modeling is very basic , not even used by top agencies in the world. You have to pay for graduation to watch your kid get their certificate.

Yes more money in their pocket. Then you get audition for Imta or cruise at graduation. And yes more money parents that they hit you up for. Not to mention in your classes you have to buy more clothes and graduation more close so more money in their pocket.

And then photoshoots they sell you a package and yes more money in their pocket.

This frustrates me so much as a parent I wish they would just be upfront with ALL the hidden charges! These people only care about your credit cards

To post #1. Did it ever occur to you that the reason your daughter had such a great time doing this is because you were able to afford for all the sessions she is required to take?

You will never see the money again and Barbizon is a scam. They closed this school down in Utah several years back when their was an investigation done and they didn't qualify as a "school". There are other ways to learn to have self esteem without spending boatloads of cash to do it. All Barbizon does is continue to feel your children's impressionable mind with how great they are in helping her to become such a better person, etc., but as far as if your daughter ever wants to become a real model, Barbizon won't be able to help her with that.

Check out all the models who have made it and not one of them had to go to a school to learn how to be a model. Good luck to your daughter and I hope she will learn also that beauty on the inside is more important than having beauty on the outside.

@PissedConsumer244274

Also a graduate, and would love to put it out there that many Disney and movie stars have gone to this school. As well as many girls modeling and booking agencies for brands like Guess and much more.

I even know of many that are walking the runways in NY and Paris and modeling in China and Austrailia. If you don't succeed in the classes, you WON'T get jobs. Simple as that. Do the right research and stop looking at the kids that really didn't care about their careers.

The acting and modeling industry is a very cut throat and sometimes expensive experience, but you have to be willing to put forth the effort if you actually want this as a career.

Barbizon is great and I recommend it to anyone, even those haters that really need the Barbizon 101! ;)

Why is it a scam? They don't promise you jobs, they don't promise they will make you famous, yes you have to pay but you have to pay for any extra curricular activity such as soccer camp. You pay for training and they give your training. If you were paying for training and they were running off with your money without giving you training then it would be a scam.

Sounds like you didn't do your research before you entered into it. You probably are one of those people that think just because you go to Barbizon you should become an overnight success. I don't know about your photo problem because the Barbizon my daughter went to did not do photos so you will have to take that up with your Barbizon. And maybe that's what you should do rather than complaining on a site like this. You can email them if you have complaints...they have an address on their website.

My daughter went to Barbizon and loved it! I loved it! She had the best experience. I didn't mind paying the money because I invest in my daughters interests. I payed for dance lessons and she got lessons. Do I think that she is going to be a famous dancer...no..but she likes it so I paid for it.

I think these accusations are absolutely ridiculous and I get sick of seeing these negative posts. Wake up people! You are going into something blind and when you don't get exactly what you expected in your head you get mad at a company that is actually really great.

My daughter was a changed girl for the better when she graduated from Barbizon! My husband and I have always tried to teach her the self confidence, poise and personal development skills that Barbizon taught her but teenagers don't always listen to their parents. The fact that this company teaches the same skills and values my husband and I find so important and the kids listen to it is fantastic!

Parents, this is a great opportunity for your kids! I beg that you read about all the great things this company has done before you make a one sided decision!

View more comments (11)

Barbizon School of Modeling-Scam

was contacted by an "agent" of Barbizon and she informed my that my daughter was selected for an interview and that the process was closed to the public and that she would be modeling for XZY's fall clothing line....showed up to appointment only to see a line of about 200 others. Waited for hours.

I knew it was a scam the moment I got there but my daughter wanted to wait to be interviewed. These people have no respect for one's time and they just give our girls false hope. They want $2300 for modeling classes.

Total scam and waste of time. No real modeling agency would ask you to pay for anything.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Thank you for your review. The admissions director you spoke to was obviously not representing our company correctly and we can assure you this will be addressed internally.

and after your pay that amount of money you pay another 1,000 dollars for photo shoots, etc. They just know how to get money out of people

im going sunday...now i feel crushed reading this :cry

same thing happened to me in florida, we were approached at the fair and gave my daughters info they called and said she was selected, set up an interview my daughter wasnt waiting in line though, but they wanted us to pay for a modeling class 2300!! bs my daughter was so excited she wants to be a fashion designer and a fashion model and she was crushed!

To all that have written on this page, do anyone have the old contact information? I need to get a copy of my daughters certificate.

The NEW management does not have any of the students information after 2010. My email addrress is delierp@***.com

Well I think Barbizon is a Scam ( Im a student for them in Boston Ma ) the Reason why I say this is because if you are suppose too be a "Modeling School " or whatever why are you using a Diginal Camera for a photo shoot with a Fake Fan & sheet ? another thing why are we using old use make up & brushes & not even use the old , they tell use we have too bring our own okay Wheres out 2,300 going to ? I dont understand & I feel as tho if the parents would sit in there with us & just see the things that they do , IS NOT WORTH 2,300 DOLLARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

#291928

Im going to disagree with a couple of things I read,my daughter went in today and was chosen on the spot,there was more than 500 girls there, the lady who interviewed us had only picked 3 girls beside my daughter.This was an all day affair,never once did she mention if we had the money my daughter was chosen,she chose her first and she will b calling me today at 3:00 , so we will go from there.

I was contacted by Miss Jessica to come and audition with her to do modeling and acting. I went to the hotel in Queens with my dad and my sister.

We met with her and she was so nice to us. She told me reasons why I would need training to do modeling and acting but she also helped me understand other things I would be learning. My mom died three years ago and I haven't had anyone to help me with some of the things I need help with. When Jessica called me and told me that they had a spot for me I was excited not only for modeling and acting but I was excited to take the classes to learn tips on makeup and fashion since my mom isnt around anymore.

Miss Jessica helped my dad figure out the money but my dad knows it is worth it.

Barbizon is not a scam, Miss Jessica gave me her private cell phone number and told me to call her and let her know how my class is going. She lives all the way in Florida so if this was a scam why would she even want me to contact her? Most of the people on this sight are just mad because they are parents who dont want to pay for this for thier kids. I am so excited to start my training this weekend and I know it will be worth it.

Thanks Barbizon and Miss Jessica. :grin

We went to the Hilton and listened to the sales pitch. Even found out from a former employee there job is to get our kids signed up no matter what.

That's why they separate us during the presentation. Parents listen up they want you to be the bad guy, and use us parents against our children. I dint know about you but I'm a single mom. She even offered sponsorship letter.

But again the parents have to find sponsors. Bottom line. They want your money, tax money, grandma's money, all they care about is your credit card. And maybe we should ask their full name and do a background check on them to see what makes them so qualified.

Ever think about that. Try it

My daughter graduated from Barbizon this past weekend and it was a great experience for her. Yes, it was a little pricey but I look at it as if it is an investment into her future.

No, not her future as a model or actress but for life in general. I love that they taught her things I wanted her to learn, but didn't seem as cool coming from her mom as it did from a modeling instructor. ( like how to take care of your skin, how to speak in front of crowds, and how to enjoy a proper formal meal.) Even if she doesn't ever get a job from going to these classes, it was worth every penny.

She wants to do the classes all over again, because she enjoyed them so much. Thank you Barbizon !

I have found that Barbizon has been great for my daughter. I don't mind paying for the training, essentially they are classes where she is surrounded by girls her own age and she learns the basics.

They are not being ridiculously picky here and choosing only future Cindy Crawfords, they seem to be offering the experience to truly all-around good girls with a desire to learn about modeling and acting. My daughter is cute enough, but nothing THAT special. Will she ever be a model, most likely not.

But has she enjoyed her experience at Barbizon? Absolutely.

View more comments (17)

San Francisco Barbizon Stole My Money

My daughter got asked by a Barbizon representative to come in to the San Francisco Office because they liked her looked. We went in and of course they liked my daughter's looks (she could have looked like Frankenstien and they would have said they liked her) but she needed to have some classes. My daughter wanted the classes so I tentatively signed her up authorized a $500 charge from my credit card on Sunday.

I called back less than 24 hours later (Monday)and canceled the contract. The representative, Nancy who said there might be a scholarship, confirmed my credit card had not been charged and wouldn't be charged unless she told the accounts people to charge it. The rep called and spoke to my ex-wife and got her to agree to pay for half of the $2000 tuition.

My wife checked our checking on Wednesday and discovered Barbizon charged our account $2000 even though they said they wouldn't. I called Nancy the rep and haven't heard back from her...of course when I tried to cancel I heard back in 10 minutes. I called Barbizon's office in San Francisco. I got the run around but eventially did speak to Cherry (yes, that is what she said her name is). Cherry said she they didn't have my daughter's paperwork and she didn't know who I was talking about. Cherry couldn't answer why they charged my card if they didn't have her paperwork. Cherry could answer why they charged the card more than they were originally suppose to or why my card was charged at all.

Botton line don't trust the San Francisco Barbizon or any of their staff.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are very sorry this has happened. We would like to resolve this for you. If you could please email is at parents@barbizonmodeling.com, we would be happy to get in touch with you and work toward a resolution. Again our sincere apologies for the misrepresentation of our companies customer service pledge and the stress this has surely caused you. We hope we will hear from you so we can work toward a resolution.

What was the address that you went to enrrolle your daughter?

We are very sorry this has happened. We would like to resolve this for you.

If you could please email is at parents@***.com, we would be happy to get in touch with you and work toward a resolution.

Problems with payment

Mike hadfeild is *** and barbizon is a scam

MICHAEL (MIKE) HADFIELD, "director" at IPAC, International Performing Arts Academy IPAC and Barbizon is a *** and we got SCAMMED big time. We were told by Make Hadfeild that if we paid $3000 he would get my daughter on the Disney Channel because he has "connections".

There are no connection just some poor quality so called " classes" that were pathetic a waste of time. the Barbizon San Francisco is a fraud - cheesy greedy owners from the Phillipines. Mike Hadfeild was then un available when we called and we asked the company's own instructor about him and we were told he was not any kind of "talent director", that Mike Hadfeild, he is just a low level commission based salesman who will say ANYTHING to make little money / a sale. He took advantage of my daughter's hopes and dreams and the owner of IPAC BARBIZON STOLE MY MONEY .

They hide behind the phone and refuse to give me a refund. AVOID IPAC BARBIZON AND MIKE HADFEILD AT ALL COSTS - PROTECT YOUR FAMILY!!!

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We would be happy to resolve any issues you have had with Barbizon. IPAC is a separate company unfortunately and will need to address your concerns seperately. However, should you still have outstanding Barbizon issues, please contact us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com

I was called by this same "talent director", Mike Hadfield, and was invited to a talent search for my daughter. He was very professional and had a great personality.

I knew going into Barbizon talent search that it wasn't going to gaurantee anything, and Mike made that very clear. Our experience was actually really good, and Mike made it this way.

My daughter gained alot of self confidence due to these classes, which is worth much more that 3k. Mike really doesn't deserve these negative remarks, and I'm sure the person who wrote this is simply bitter that her daughter isn't now famous, or angry at herself form spending more money that she could afford.

This is how it went!

Approached in a mall and given an invitation card. Went to the place and had to watch a boring vidoe and it kept talking about investment! My child had to go do a practice runway and then stood in a long long for an inteview. I was told to be quiet and my child was not even 10!

So, we waited for a call back to see if my child was accepted for Barbizon. The calls were not supposed to be any later than 7. We waited and no call. So, we went on doing our own thing and I checked my messages and they called. So we called back but said sorry since you didnt answer we went to the next perosn! WTF??? So, I argued about how that is not fair! So, they let my child in and we were NOT given the option for a payment plan! So, we paid the $2,000 right then and there. Barbizon is just a school and had a blast! Except they got NO experience for fashion shows or anything! They did NOT even give the make up kits like promised in the contract! Also we found out that you can't go to any Barbizon if you move! We had such a hard time for them to let us go to redo (make up classes for the ones missed).

Garduation day came and that day the make up artist never showed! They hired so lady to do the hair and the photographer was very late! So, everything had to be done backwards and it was a HOT MESS!

The photogragper was not dressed very decent either (holey shirt and etc.) They each only had 2 mins of picture time. Then, they had the graduation (your own clothing) and following was the interview my some talent agent. The interview was the slate, runway, and commercial.

After that you were handed a lot of papers and had to scedule a one on one interview with the agent. (every one got that)

Well, we went and my time was taken up by the person before me. My time was cut short to only 15 mins, and it was supposed to be an hr! Also that 15 mins was interupted by calls she said she had to take because it was another parent! She gave the computer to me to scroll through the pictures on my own!

Was picked for high fashion.

So then the process began and it went to *** very fast!

The instrutors try to force acting on you, they are rude, they yell at the children, get in their faces, and etc.

You are told about things at the very last minute. We had to find outfits that fit their list to the exact in 1 week! Plus the potos were $550 if you bought that day and $900 if you wanted a payment plan.

They they complained if the attire was not what they wanted but yet they only gave you actually less than a week. (6 days) SO, they had to deal with the best I could get!

You are not allowed to watch not even 5 mins like you were told you could as a parent!

Oh and there is more! We were told we could not talk or ask the instrutors questions and if you did you were a stage parent!

We were not all owed to talk and emails were being deleted with out being read! I have proof of everything!

We were told we had to pay the full amount of $10,000 by that next Friday (for June 2011 IPAS) Yet the contract had another date on it! We were also not told it had to be paid in full before attending. They violated contracts!

They told ones they could no longer go to classes like they said we could. Their excuss for us is that we were not paying payments but WE WERE the entire time! I also have proof of this!

DO NOT DO IT RUN AWAY

IPAS predators stopped my kid in the mall and told her she had potential for modeling and/or acting. So, even though I felt sketchy about it, my kid got her hopes up.

We went for this lame interview at a gross hotel conference room with about 100 other kids who were "discovered" at the mall. My kid participated in a ridiculous modeling/acting workshop for nearly three hours while we waited to be called for a personal interview. I'd finally had enough and I escorted my kid out. From what I could tell, none of the kids who'd been invited to interview seemed to have any special look/physique/talent/personality.

The IPAS predators just played on kids' hopes and parents' vanity. Keep these people away from your kids.

View more comments (3)
$2000

They rip off parents and destroy kids deams. i have the phone #'s for you!

i paid for "training " for my daughter or be on TV or to get on American Idol. the tricky advertising and slick sales people only cared about taking my money the classes were horrible and then there was only an offer for me to pay even more money for a stupid event called IPAC.

call the owner lena lionetti at 415 367 **** or even better call consumer complaint officer for the county of san francisco at 415 551 **** to report the larry lionetti family and barbizon and IPAC for FALSE HOPES AND FALSE ADVERTISING.. if you are lucky you will be able to stop their fraud and save other families for this in justice.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We would like to make this right for you and to speak with you further to best address the situation with the school your daughter attended. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and would like to apologize again for your poor experience. Please contact us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

I think these people at Barbizon are very good at taking advantage of young girls and their parents' bank accounts.

I worked for them in Sacramento...they ripped off many students here as well!! Made promises they had no intention of fulfilling. Committed financial aid fraud.

Barbizon is a "training" school to help girls of all ages

to learn. You can never guarantee anything in life. Barbizon

helps these students to network. I think the Lionetti's

deserve an apology from all of your back-lashing.

I've worked with these people. They do not pay their bills.

They keep smiling and telling you the check is in the mail meanwhile it never comes. Larry Lionnetti spends most of his time on a boat while he cheats his customers.

barbrizon is a tarabal company :cry :cry :( :( :cry :cry :( :upset :eek :? :? :eek :( :cry :upset

They number links to all of it even Barbizon! YOU ARE RIGHT! THEY DO HIDE BEDIND THE PHONES! DID YOU KNOW THEY HELP ONES THEY WANT! I KNOW OF A GIRL THAT WAS FULL SPONSORED FROM MY CHILD CLASS AFTER STHEY CHOSE THE SPONSORSHIP ROUTE

This is how it went!

Was picked for high fashion.

So then the process began and it went to *** very fast!

DO NOT DO IT RUN AWAY

Barbizon Charlotte, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky. Biggest scam.

I worked for them and there words are close, close, close. Get the money no matter what it takes!

#252036

You guys shut the *** up famouse pepole went there too!

My sister went there and was about tobe famouse and have her own show called "BRENDII"! but Victoria Justice Stoloe the Show! Im pissed off now!

After ur kid graduates u get picked for IMTA scam over 5,000.00 $$$$$$

:( We just had the most unpleasant experience at BARBIZON SCAM SCHOOL / IPAS Company with the cross eyed director named LESLIE GONZALES - she was pushy like the most miserable, garbage used car salesperson you could imagine. It looks to me like barbizon / IPAS ( IPAC SCAM ) hires only miserable lying kind of people out there to run the sales and to be on the sales team - save you family from these crooks PASS ON IPAS !!!

View more comments (15)

Mislead by Barbizon

My daughter was contacted by Tiffany. She wanted us to come in to do an interview on 11/14 to do a "little" Holiday modeling on the weekends.

I asked her what fees would be involved and she said none. It was cheaper for them to hire local girls to do the work then to bring girls in from other cities. So we go for our 4:15 appt only to find out we will be there over 3 hours for some sales pitch and that 6 months of training will be needed first at a cost of $2200.00. The interview itself took less then 10 minutes.

They said out of 400 girls only 80 would be selected but I will bet 400 girls got the same phone call we did that next night. After telling Tiffany that we had decided not to do it, that it was not what I was told on the phone, Tiffany got pushy. Once she figured out that I was not going to budge she disconnected the call. No good bye, see you later, nothing.

She just hung up. Not very professional and right then I knew I had made the right choice.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We would like to apologize to you for the way you were treated and for the misrepresentation of Barbizon. We can assure you our students, potential students and parents are our number one priority and we strive to provide an open and honest communication. Rude behavior is not tolerated at Barbizon and we will address this internally immediately. We would like to speak with you further to personally apologize and to try and make this situation right for you. Please contact us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com. Again, our sincerest apologies.

Wendy we met with the same lady in NC and your soo right. All my friends were picked.

Call your local news station and stop them!

Call your schools and dont let them say we fill out a scholarship but you call to sell modeling ! Dishonest !

my daughter went to the barbizon interview and at first sarah had u all going but when she got to the money i was curious.How can u charge $2399.00 from someone u just met.I suggest that NO ONE should go to BARBIZON!!!!!!!!

:( :( :(

im currently attending barbizon and wont be able to graduate because its getting really expensive and now that i think about it the classes along with the teachers are not very imformative. i was taught things that i already knew and i think it has actually knocked down my confidence and made me a bit to caring about what people think about me.

Everyone that has the $ is picked. They say "if you get picked " I was one of those interviewers", & I am truly sorry.

I was very young & saw a great commission check. Barbizon does not care what you look like as long as you have the Almighty dollar & parents "who will do anything for their children." They get their leads from the magazines & doing what they call a busing, where they go into areas around the outlying areas to get those little girls & boys in. So whoever is writing that these people are MAD because they didn't get picked, You are just *** for believing alot a BULL & are very self centered !!! They call you to come in for an interview like you are something special.

Please everyone is special when to Barbizon because they are making money off everyone that signs up!!!!! Please keep in mind there are exceptions when someone has made it big.

Trust me they would have made it big by doing the leg work themselves. You do not need to go to Barbizon to get modeling or acting job.

Ok. So here is the deal. I went to barbizon when i was about 9 yrs old. It was still pricey and i was a very shy kid. Im 28 now and have had a successful acting and commercial modeling career. Now that i look back i realize the stars in my parents eyes they had for me. And i also see how it helped me break out of my shell. Look if you want your kid to get in the business, you dont need to take barbizon classes. You need to do your research in ur town about regular acting classes....modeling is all acting anyway! You can learn to catwalk by watching videos on you tube and simply practice at home, same goes for posing for the camera. My parents didnt know better cause they knew nothibg of the biz...i do, therefore i think its important to share this.As far as barbizon instructors, i guess its a hit or miss. You can ask what their instructor turn over is and that should tell you a lot.

If your a parent with an exrtreemly shy kid and have money to spare...then by all means join......they will learn something! The goalis to build confidence! And it helped me as a kid. But by all means DO NOT join with the hopes your child will be discovered no matter what anyone tells you!

As far as the "picking" people to join barbizon. Well the creul reality is that if your not marketable AKA "pretty" or "uniquely" attractive...then they dont want to waste your time. I have to say im sadened by this....it is unfair....but show biz can be extreemly unfair and cruel! Keep in my mind you dont have to look like a model to act! And barbizin is a modeling school. So if they did not pick ur child, be happy they are not being let in by one of the most superficial industries ever! It is NOT a loss!

N e way...that is my opinion in a nut shell.

Best to you.

I

Barbizon is not a scam... Your mad, so you want other people to be mad after reading this and after sending their Children to Barbizon. The people at Barbizon are nice and want the best for you.

Actually, I was picked. I did pay the $2,200. I also went to the classes. They were held one weekend out of the month, for six months, in a hotel. They did give us a mini (extremely mini) skin care kit, and a make-up kit that made me break out. The classes were not that informative. My instructor seemed very stuck up and condescending. (To me at least.) I do feel that this was a scam, because I was taught things I had already known and spent my entire savings, and my parents spent what they were going to use to help me buy a car. The classes were very haphazard and unprofessional. We spend half the mornings trying to get a room set up in the hotel, and the other half listening to the instructor tell us about how she was an extra in a movie.

It is very saddening that my family and I paid so much for these classes and all I got was a bag and some make up which gave me acne.

I do not recommend anyone take the Barbizon courses. If you see them in the mall, keep walking. If they send you a post card, just rip it up and move on. You have a better chance just walking into an agency. Some agencies actually dislike that I went to Barbizon.

All in all, it was not what I was offered.

For like the 100th time barbizon is not a scam 2220 thats not alot you are getting trained its a school duhhh u learn catwalk basics, skin care, nail care, hair care and confidence.

My BFF just joined barbizon and well i was jealous soo i went to the portland model call with her just for funziez well we didnt get picked of course and i asked how much was the barbizon thing to join well her mom said 2200.00$!!!!!! My mouth droped they teach edicut stance makeup and all that junk u should already know natrully how to do!!!!

I think its a toatal scam u shouldnt have to pay for that stuff!! :x

View more comments (13)
ID
#207413 Review #207413 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Poor customer service

Barbizon is a scam don't believe a word they say!!!

I know for a fact they are a scam because I use to work for them!! I couldn't do it anymore because it hurt my heart watching moms cry because they couldn't afford it.

Its all *** If you can afford 3000 they will accept you. There's no committee or panel. They don't look at your kids picture after u spend an hour listening to there lame *** spokes person who has NEVER been in the industry.So the whole "being accepted" is *** too!! They don't tell you that the big convention they have once a year costs 8000!

yes I said eight thousand dollars! which they show video of to get your hopes up! these people are *** artists. They make promises they cant keep.

If you feel your kid needs self esteem there are programs that don't cost 3000.

As a parent myself I understand u just want the best for your kid. As a parent my self don't fall for the Barbizon ***

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you were not able to spend enough time with our company to experience all the wonderful things our program actually does for young people, especially helping them to build a positive self esteem. Many of our employees have been with us for over 20 years not because they have to work here but because they truly believe in what our program has to offer young people.

Yes, they ripped us off too. It was all "your daughter has a special look".....'she can go places'.....they get your cheque, then they are out the door!

Poorly co ordinated, cheap makeup tips....in fact my daughter could have taught the class better!! It was a sham, scam and pure bull*hit. HUGE money grab for nothing.

Check out Dateline's episode on them. Shame on them.

@PissedConsumer795486

and just to add, my daughter IS a model now. She learned NOTHING from Barbizon.....in fact she could have taught the "teacher" (I use the term loosely) a thing or two.

Wrong makeup, tips were silly and it was all a rush/mass production thing. It IS a scam!!!!

run and run away fast from any Barbizon promotions!! they are just there to take your money.

if your daughter is an obese 9 year old don't expext them to turn her into a model. It's a school not a miracle worker.

It's to learn. Thers no brainwashing bull. There's so many important things you learn and opprotunities they give you.

If you feel like you have what it takes and your family truly believes in you, it's worth every penny. It just depends on how badly you want it.

If you in fact worked for Barbizon you must be blind not to see our students and graduates grow and succeed. We have been training teens since 1939.

If you worked for Barbizon you signed a agreement to be truthful to our students and parents. It appears you were not and probably terminated. I guess you just do not understand our invaluable service.

I also noticed your grammar in your post,we never hire anyone that is not literate. I would like to offer you are modeling course at no cost so you can improve your attitude and ability to write.

@PissedConsumer313904

You probably shouldn't pick at someone else's grammar when yours, as well as your spelling, isn't any better, ***

I got a call from Paula Reid on 4\14\2011, to go in on Saturday 4\16\2011. Me and my dad (My mom isn't in my life anymore) went in, and sat for almost an hour watching a video. at around 11:30, a speaker came in (claiming to be an executive for Barbizon) and gave a 45 minute speech.

Well, I really wanted to try it out because I never had a mom to teach all this make-up stuff, or fashion or things like that. What I learned from about 9 years old up to now is basically from Television!

:? I don't know much about Barbizon, but I can tell you that I'm not getting very confident (like they CLAIM to make girls and boys), I feel skittish and very upset at hearing all the negativity. It sounds so legit to me, Idk what to do!

they called in my daughter for a short interview about doing commercials etc...and it ended up being 3 hours sitting around listing to the same BS we've heard from other 'talent'schools....One of the first warning signs? they separated the kids from the parents...putting us on opposite sides of the room from our kids so it would be harder for us to influence them while they did their presentation!

Naturally, we got a call back tonight and my daughter told her we can't afford it...the woman replied 'why didn't we tell her this yesterday at the interview'...to which she told her we did. The woman said, ok..well if things change, call and hung up rudely.

I notice a lot of the people who are the recruiters claim to be former graduates of the schools...I cannot help but see a similarity between these people and abused kids who turn around and abuse their own kids....in this case, they were scammed and brainwashed and are turning around and doing the same thing to others.

You people who think barbizon is a scam because your children nor you is model material u need to have passion for it and if you think barbizons criticism is harsh well you have another thing coming when you go to another agency and tell you something like lose weight stop hating barbizon is a SCHOOL to prepare you for the model world I go to barbizon of raleigh and i enjoy it you might have not because you can't model you just go and think you have what it takes when you do not

:( Sarah please stop calling us, we are not going to be scammed by you. no means no.

i don't believe anything you say anymore cuz you said the same stuff to my friends. tt

View more comments (17)
ID
#207334 Review #207334 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Barbizon outright lied to me!!

I was contacted by a Debra Rosenthal who said she wanted to "interview" my daughter for some upcoming spring print ad work. She said she received my daughter's name through a mall kiosk where she had filled out an entry form for a prize drawing.

While speaking with Ms. Rosenthal I specifically asked her if this was a JOB or a SCHOOL. She assured me that while Barbizon does have a school she was calling as a "scout" and that she was looking for girls to work immediately. I told her that I would be driving and hour and a half each way for this interview and that I was not interested in paying for my child to go to any type of school.

Once again she assured me that this interview had nothing to do with a school of any kind or paying for anything.

Yesterday I drove my daughter over 90 minutes to this "interview" only to sit through a 2 hour lecture which was of course, the sales pitch. After sitting through that agonizing speech, we had to wait for the "interview" with Debra. When we finally go to speak with her I confronted her about what she had told me.

Her answer? "Oh well she can do work right away...we can have her do local print work and she can work our kiosk in the mall..I will have Judy call you..is that ok??" Not wanting to cause a scene in front of my daughter we left. Now tell me, if this place is indeed legitimate how did we go from sending her to school for over 2000 dollars to her getting work right away?? To all the moms out there...PLEASE do not waste your time unless you want to send your child to charm school because essentially that is all this place is!!!

I was lied to just to get may daughter in the room. Luckily she didn't fall for all the BS that was fed to her and realized it was a scam.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We would like to apologize for your poor experience and for any information that may have mislead you. We can assure you it is not our company policy to mislead people. We strive to provide honest an open communication with our students, potential students and parents. We can also assure you that this will be addressed immediately. We would like to speak with you further in order to best address the situation and to also do what we can to make this right. Please contact us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com and someone will personally contact you.
#520822

They told us the same thing a year ago and we were first thinking it was a job and not any other speech about taking the school. In the end, my child was totally himiliate by what they call "scouts" and it was for a test in her ablitiy to handle rude people, but in the end she acted confident when she left like when she walked in.

But at home she is like any other girl crushed crying about how tough people are, and how we have done other interviews and they weren't as rude. Honestly if your are in the modeling industry as a so called charm school then your "scouts " have to be polite to their young girls. Even if it is stright forward, you don't need to try to boost down a childs confidence level. After that she tried to tell her what kind of print work she can be in.

Honestly in the end everyone goes to their school. HUGEST Scam I've seen, it's been in the internet for awhile now saying an agency is different than Barbizon.

Anyways, poor staffing, poor communication, poor results is all I have to say from my experences with my daughter. :(

We would like to speak with you further in order to best address the situation and to also do what we can to make this right. Please contact us at parents@***.com and someone will personally contact you.

ID
#207251 Review #207251 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Confused

Umm .. Barbizon Called Me On Thursday and Said That I Have An Audition.

The Lady Said That It Was Completely Free So That I wouldnt Have To pay Anything but now that im reading some of these complaints , im starting to think that its just going to be another scam . So does anybody here has had experience with Barbizon ?

Please if so , i have a few questions to ask.

Ive been in a situation like this where I was confused but i convinced my mom to just at least give it a try and now i regret it. So This time if the money is too much , I'll have to look for a different place.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
You are correct in that there is never a fee to audition with Barbizon. Should you be selected for training, we do have a fee that would be comparable to any extra curricular activity. We are always happy to answer any questions you have and can be reached at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com

I had known of barbizon since I was a little girl, I had friends who went there and have been doing modeling jobs on and off for 20 years... I put both my kids in the program, I am so happy that I did!!!

My kids are very comfortable with themselves in every aspect of thier life.... really confident. They both have been working in the field, more than I expected.

If you have a chance to do this.... go for it, you will not regret it.

I went to Barbizon and at graduation they said I had a big audition . Well it's for Imta which is 5000.00 .

The only other job I got was getting other people to sign up and I wasn't ever paid they said this is promotional modeling. It's such a scam.

They wanted me to just get more people to get money . :(

well barbizon MIDWEST is completely different than the other barbizon branches, all girls (and Guys) are offered a contract with royal model manegement after all training. sooo, look into in more not just this site, i wen through the training and i am soooo glad i did it

#219214

It is not free at all....there is a large deposit and then a montly fee...and no guarantees

#212025

The audition is free so they are telling the truth. It is a school though and there is a fee.

I went there and loved it and really got a lot out of it.

I would recommend them. I had a great experience with barbizon.

I just started Barbizon today, and ive learned so much already. I can tell its not a scam, and even if I don't become the next Angelina Jolie, I think I'll have a lot of confidence. It's 2200 dollars if you don't take a discounted plan; which yeah, it is a lot, but training for anything is not free.

I'm a member of Barbizon and yess its very exspensive but it teaches you alot and now I'm very good in alot of categories. I'm going on a cruise this august to represent Barbizon and compete. It is alot of money for the cruise but they give you time to save up and theres good tips and ideas to make money.My mother and I were not sure about the price of the cruise but i found out only 320 kids make it thats a fair amount.If you want sucess you have to work hard and be one of a kind, people need to understand that not eveyone can be accepted but if you realy want it you got to work as hard as you possible can.

View more comments (6)
ID
#206951 Review #206951 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Dont know what to do

me and my dad just got off the phone with barbizon and they said i have a iterview on the 21 but i dont know if this is fake or what. if this i sgonna coast melots of money im goona be pissed.

i dont know what to do,i would love if this is for real but im not wasting my time with omething thats just a scam. has anyone eles exually think this is for real.

im really involed with modeling thing and really wana do it, they better not ruin my dream....... sooooo what should i do

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We hope the audtion process answered any outstanding questions you have but should you still have questions, concerns or unresolved issues, we are here to help. We can be reached at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com

Barbizon is real! Yes it may cost but I just graduated in June 2014.

In this little time after graduation I have participated in four live runway shows (hair, prom, and casual).

They really do prepare and better you for the work industry. Take full advantage on this oppurtunity.

I am a firm believer in Barbizon!!! Yes I did have to put some money into myu daughter with them but it was work it.

Its just like anything else you do you have to do research and 9 times out of 10 you have to spend some money in order to get great results. The agents and casting directors you come incontact with through barbizon are exspensive people. They just are.And they have to be paid just like everyone else in order to get you to the proper place of success. My daughter is on a role because of them and her own talent wrapped up in one.

Now if you have a child that loves acting/modeling make sure they put there all into it and is willing to work hard at what they are pursuing because these agents arent fake at all and they really have the credentials you the actor/model needs to really make it. If you are one of those type of people who assume you can get by by just giving minimal personality, work ethic, will, drive and ambition this whole scenerio isnt for you. You waste time and money. And if there is a parent reading this and you are the type thats gonna force your chold into this industry this isnt for you either.

Otherwise this company is NO HOAX! They are real and really have great credentials.

I can vouche. I was scared at first but like I said my daughter had the ambition and now its paying off.

Barbrizon will cost you money but when they call it is no hoax. someone had to have recomended you. but they have been in buisness for almost 80 years

@PissedConsumer760481

You meanthey have been ripping people off for 80years!

Do you how many call back did the contestants from Pennsylvania get? Where the 150 agents from 150 agencies? thank you for your honest response.

Because we are independently owned and operated, Barbizon Midwest is its own entity. Please be careful in clarifying which Barbizon you are referring to.

Barbizon Midwest is always happy to resolve any issues within our own company. Phone: 847-241-****

Email: Barbizonmidwestmodels@***.com

Check out our Barbizon MIDWEST website, blog (blogspot), facebook, twitter, or pinterest!

Dont worry , It's all legitimate . I just came from that same cruise yesterday it was so much fun and I gained a lot of new friends and contacts on the cruise .

You will get exposure on Passport To.

Discovery , I won my division and 5 other awards/scholarships plus I got a lot of callback not to mention I'm " African-American " lol so It's not a bias cruise. Good luck and congratulations to anyone who's going on the cruise & just left .

@PissedConsumer554371

Yeah but you forgot to mention that the girls are required to PAY for this cruise! Barbizon is a JOKE. Even aftr paying the obscene amount of money for a total of 8 hours a month parents STILL have to buy the things the girls need for class.

Everyone, the Passport to Discovery is an EVENT not an agency. It is an event where they bring agents along so you can show them what you got. There seems to be a huge misconception in this submission.

ITS A SCAM! i actually went to try outs today, and my mom was sitting at the interveiw table thinking about it, she handed her credit card over and the lady did the work, the lady was supposed to take only160$ off my moms account and my mom cancelled it, the lady already took 700$ from her credit card, and the full payment is almost 2000$ any REAL agency would never ask for money. :(

View more comments (32)
ID
#206795 Review #206795 is a subjective opinion of poster.

BARBIZON school of how to rip you off.

My neice has been signed with barbizon and they said she has a great unique look because she has natural red hair, naturally straigh teeth and now all they want is 2100.00 to teach her how to walk, put on makeup and do her hair...

*** i can do that for free.

there are noooooo guarentees ofjobs,if they were a modeling agency they would do your hair makeup and clothes...and pay you..my friend is a pro photographer who has shot covers of seventeen and other mags...he said its all a scam to get her money.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Barbizon is not an agency and we do not gurantee employement because no one can guarantee an outcome, not even an agency. We are a training program designed to offer opportunities and training in the areas of modeling, acting and personal development.

There is never a promise made to anyone for anything really that you

can truly believe. You must always go into the arts with a promise to

yourself...to work hard and have fun with this. you will never lose, anyway.

The magic of being a model you will have always. If your child is good at

what they are doing and you support them with a smile...they will get an

agent...be patient......it can happen. They just need to work hard. Simple.

it's so obvious that people who compliment barbizon works for them :)

#262023

I think everyone on here is right

They aren't guaranteeing any gigs

In fact, most will tell you that "no gigs" is what you can expect.

They are offering some services, for a set amount of money , whioch they are publishing right up front

So, it's pretty simple: if you think these limited services are worth the price being quoted, go for it. If no, don't.

I'd recommend the 'Don't" option, but to each his own

A rip off? No.

but at the saem time..

A company offering a valued service at a reasonable price? No

I agree with Lynn. Barbizon is upfront about everything and is very supportive and helping.

Not only did I learn such wonderful methods I also learned great poise and how to represent myself. I have been to many places and people tell me I have great confidence and wonderful skills. My mother and I are very pleased with what Barbizon has done to improve me and help me to follow my ambition. It's not a scam it's a way to have sucess and learn.

And if you are 1 out of 150 then you can be 1 out of 1 million. :)

#207867

Barbizon is definitely not a scam I can tell you from first hand experience. I attended the school over 5 yrs ago and they teach you etiquette, makeup tips, how to dress in certain settings amongst other things.

But the most important thing that I would say that I learned was CONFIDENCE something that is extremely important in any field you get in to...and as a young girl the time I was so shy but being there brought out so much confidence that I am proud of having today.

Also after ithe training I was exceptd to go to new york with a selected few of girls who attended the school for a week of a hands on experience of getting into modeling/acting with seminars, photoshoots and much more. I did get the chance to do a fantastic photoshoot but in the end we weren't able to pay for the trip to new york(couple thousand) but overall I would say it was still such a great experience for me and I think it is for any young girl to gain friends, confidence, have fun, and potentially gain career...(but mainly for the experience) :)

#207579

I agree with Cheryl. My daughter was one of the 150 selected young ladies out of the 700 they interviewed and then they told us of the Barbizon Modelling school, which we knew about when she signed up for the audition because it was on the poster.

They offer payment plans and for teens who do not have anyone as lucky as your teen to teach them the "proper" model look and walk, then the school will help them get started and will help them think of whether they are really interested in pursuing becoming a model or not.

We could not afford the school for our daughter so we were told that she would have to audition again next year and if she has the look that they are looking for at that time, then she will be chosen again...it is not a sure bet.

This company is not fraudulent and I think you should post an apology for trying to place a negative mark against them.

#201118

I don't really understand why you posted this. It seems the company was up front with you telling you the money was for training and that they could not guarantee a job for your niece.

It's not like they lied to you.

If you think you can train your neice better then the simple solution is to not sign up for their training program...so in actuality they didn't rip you off at all. You just posted something slanderous and the company did nothing wrong.

View more comments (6)
ID
#202777 Review #202777 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Not as described/ advertised