Barbizon Scam

The Good:

Send a photo of my 9 year old through their website, which was easy. Got a call right away asking us to come in. Offices are nice, people were nice and treated us well. Didn't wait long. The rep I dealt with was good and answered all my questions. Told me about how everything works and was accurate. They said we would get tickets to a live taping of a Disney show and be able to try out for a Showcase where agents and managers show up to scout young talent (I'll describe the experience for that and the show taping later). For my son, as a first timer, the classes were easy and straight forward. Teachers were okay. A little repetitive but didn't bother me since it's my son's first time trying something like this. He had fun and the classes were 2 weeks apart which helped by not getting tired of driving there every weekend. Parents were not kept in the dark in terms of watching kids perform and practice. After 4 months of classes we were invited to a graduation ceremony at a hotel and that was well done

The Bad:

Once we PAID to get in, the classes were held in old run down offices. No high-tech gear or real props to work with when the studied acting or modeling. Only one teacher for 14 kids. After graduation we were told we would get info in the mail about trying out for the Showcase. Waited very long and finally called. The office in charge of that were completely disorganized. They had the wrong address and I ended up having to call the rep that admitted my son to crack a whip on them and get them to send me the info for the Showcase via email since the were not capable of getting it in the mail. Once I got info, the Showcase would be a week later which we couldn't make because of prior commitments so we missed out on auditioning for potential new shows for the fall. We had to wait 2 months for the next tryout which, if you passed the showcase tryout, it would be 6 months later for pilot auditions only. Totally messed us up. As for the Disney show taping, they signed 30 people up to go but when we got to the studio there was only room for 20. The rep in charge ended taking her family inside and left 10 people stranded outside in the rain to wait for any extra seats to become available via the studio and not Barbizon. She didn't even care. My wife and son got in only because there were 2 tickets left and the group in front of them were 4 and they didn't want to split up. I complained and Barbizon promised me tickets for the next opportunity but I have yet to hear back from them, going on 6 months after that ordeal.

The Ugly:

As for the Showcase, we finally got to one and they did some head shots that were straight forward and no where near what they should be like compared to industry standards. The company in charge of the Showcase made us wait for over an hour before talking to us and selling how great of an opportunity this is and how we need to do this. The woman talked for an hour showing off what they do with a huge ego and name dropping as if this was the greatest thing in the world. Thats when I got suspicious. They showed a video, which was horribly produced, of what the Showcase was like. They said they would put on a red carpet night out, a black tie dinner, we would be at a hotel for 4 days with seminars and classes before the auditions on the last day. Why you ask do they do this? Because if you make the Showcase YOU HAVE TO PAY $6,000 to them to cover the cost for your child to attend the 4 days in the hotel. And on top of that, you have to accompany your child and you have to PAY $2,000!

$8,000 to stay at a hotel with a bunch of parties that a 10 year old doesn't need and share a room with 2 strangers. Why not just let my kid audition and see what happens? I'll pay a few buck for that! My son auditioned and, of course they accepted him. They called us back for a "consultation" the next day while asking us to bring a deposit for the 4 day bash. I arrived the next day because I wanted to at least get the head shots and of course, they were running an hour behind. I took the head shots and left. No way I was paying them money after my son had only done 4 months of into to acting and modeling.

A complete scam!

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry to hear you had a poor experience with this Barbizon location. We would be happy to work to resolve this for you. If you could please contact us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com with your contact information so we may work to resolve the stated issues. Thank you for alerting us so we may improve our business practices.

If you could please contact us at barbizon@***.com with your contact information so we may work to resolve the stated issues. Thank you for alerting us so we may improve our business practices.

#792070
@PissedConsumer662655

Please improve your business practice.

@PissedConsumer792070

I would like to hear how you resolve the problem.

Service
Barbizon Modeling School Teacher
Not as described/ advertised

BARBIZON RIPPED US OFF FOR $495

MY GRANDDAUGHTER WANTED TO GO TO MODELING SCHOOL THEY GAVE MY HUSBAND THIS BIG SPIOLLLO ABOUT MODELING AND HOW THE GIRLS CAN BE WORKING all the time enough to pay the ot rest of the money from there jobs not true lies of course the very , next day he canceled today they called and said he didn't put it in writing. which he did ts because the time has almost ran out and he will be stuck paying.

when he took the letter in the recp. told him she would email him a receipt but never did what can we do

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry to hear you did not experience all of the details of the Barbizon program. We are happy to look into this matter to try and resolve this for you. Please email us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

Kids need to learn grace and pose with respect to themselves and their

future. To give them this experience they will grow with balance and

more hope towards their future. My daughter loved it! I want my daughter

to have as many great experiences as possible before she is in college....

We have addressed the situation and confirmed with our corporate headquarters that we received your letter of cancellation on time, and a full refund of $495 has been issued within the period guaranteed by the Barbizon Enrollment Agreement and California state law. It is unfortunate that you and your family decided to withdraw from the program, but we hope that receiving your full refund in a timely manner has helped with your concerns.

@PissedConsumer656705

THIS IS TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT BARBIZON DID REFUND OUR MONEY AND THAT W HAVE NO COMPLAINTS WITH BARBIZON AT ALL WE ARE COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH THEM THANK YOU GRANDFATHER DONALD

We are sorry you have not been happy with your Barbizon experience and would be happy to resolve this for you. We are also sorry for any miscommunication you may have experienced as Barbizon does not ever promise jobs, no one can.

While we have had many students experience success in modeling and acting, some graduates find success in other aspects of life.

We are disappointed you will not be completing the program so you may see all the great things Barbizon can offer. Please email us at barbizon@***.com and we would be happy to resolve this matter for you.

View more comments (3)

RIPPING OFF PARENTS

They are a group of fake people ,who try to boost the parents ego about how great their kids are and push them into signing a contract and assuring them that they can pull out with a total refund .....then you discover that its all a scam to rip you off of your money.....they keep stalling and not answering ur messages until it is a convenient time for them and its late for you..... ripped me off of more than 1700$ ,money that we have worked so hard to provide for our Family......This is an organized theft by Barbizon.... SO DISAPPOINTING.....

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
It is never our intention to make someone feel they have no choice by to pay for something that may not fit into the family budget, although we do try to offer payment plans to make the payments easier if someone does want to attend our program. We are sorry to hear you did not feel you received any benefits from our program, did you attend the entire program? We are happy to resolve this for you. Please contact the Barbizon you attended as we are more than happy to help.

Sorry you have had a negative experience with your Barbizon school. Our school reps and teachers have been super with the girls and the information they have taught and provided!

My daughter is a Barbizon graduate. She graduated this past November and just attended her first national competition in D.C. She did AMAZING!!! Barbizon NEVER guaranteed any child would get a callback, but that it would be LIKELY they could get at least 1.

My daughter got 5 callbacks from Industry agencies to do movies/film production!!! Barbizon has been by our side every step of the way providing information about the entire process throughout!

@PissedConsumer653900

Haha. Just stop.

You really think we believe that your a proud mother? More like a barbizon employee...

@PissedConsumer788015

I AGREE!

LAURA COLLAZO AT BARBIZON

This woman is such a fake. She says the same speech every single Sunday and tells you what you want to hear to sign you up for modeling and acting classes at Barbizon.

She is not genuine or sincere.

She even treats her employees like ***. She is manipulative and REALLY GOOD AT BEING FAKE WITH YOU! I bet she hates her life because deep down she is depressed, insecure, and her man cheats on her.

I think karma will get her for what she's doing to people.

Barbizon is crawling with sneaky, mean, and fake employees...and Laura Collazo is their QUEEN.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry to hear you have not had a good relationship with one of our employees in the past. We would be happy to resolve anything that affected your customer experience with our company.

Laura is OK, but she is selling snake oil to 98% of the people who walk through Barbizon's door. She has a difficult job, but isn't a bad person.

Wow she is very obviously a disgruntled, most likely fired employee that wrote this. There is probably a reason she doesn't work there any more.

I work for Barbizon and it's amazing and I love my job and the people I work with. This is ridiculous that people post this and can so easily post this.

Are you kidding. I agree. Laura Collazo, thats skinny ***, came to Denver and sucked me in with her sugary fake voice and I HATE HER

I was at an open meeting/interview this past Sunday for Barbizon and Laura Collazo was the speaker. She was nothing but gracious and truthful about the program and classes at Barbizon.

She never promised us that our daughter would be acting and or modeling after she finished her classes.

I walked away from there feeling that we were not being scammed and she was brutally honest, in a nice way, about any expectations we may have had. It sad to see the comments being said about her.

I don't know what kind of Barbizon reps you have at your school, but OUR reps are FABULOUS!! My daughter attended and graduated from Barbizon Pittsburgh this past November.

The teachers were super with the girls and the information and instruction they provided!

My daughter just had her very first national competition in D.C and did AMAZING!

She got 5 callbacks from INDUSTRY AGENCIES for movie and film production. Barbizon is by our side every step of the way so we know what to expect and help guide us throughout!

@PissedConsumer653895

REALLY?

View more comments (5)
$1995

Barbizon (Toronto) Scam

My daughter was chosen to be "accepted" to the Barbizon modelling school in Toronto. I thought this would be a great opportunity to give her confidence etc.

They basically guranteed that she would recoup the $1800 tuition fee once they started calling her for modelling shoots. A further $400 was spent to buy "head shots" done by their photographer. Three years have passed and she wasn't called once.....I know what you are all thinking....she is a good looking girl.....5' 4" at 12 years old.....Barbizon was very elusive each time I spoke with them.

Don't fall for it..they accept everyone who auditions. They'll take your money and never call you for a job....save your money!!

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We would be happy to look into what happened and we are sorry your daughters Barbizon location has not followed up with her. Please contact our corporate offices at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com

Please post a pics of your daughter so that casting agents can see her.

There is an audition Saturday April 20th at 12:15 at the Quality Inn 3121 East Grand River ave in East Lansing Mi. We were contacted by a Tina and her number is 847-214-****.

View more comments (1)

Racist Directors at Barbizon New York

The directors are very racist against the applicants of color. They make comments and disparage the clients of color who are interested in barbizon New York.

All the directors/sales persons of color have left due to the blatant racism of the staff. The directors lie to the applicants about being accepted into the school, when the only goal is to make applicants and parents pay for expensive programs.The hard sell frequently causes the parents to get very upset with Barbizon demanding a credit card on the spot or to leave the number so barbizon can debit the payments weekly.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
While we take accusations like this VERY seriously, we find this accusation truly hard to believe as our diverse staff very much welcomes diversity into the modeling and acting industry as the industry craves the uniqueness of diversity.

There is a reason 31 people so far have tagged this post as B.S. - because it is.

As someone who has a long standing relationship with Barbizon, specifically Barbizon NY, I know this is an absolutely ridiculous post. As a person of color who has worked in the modeling industry and sent my daughter to Barbizon NY, I can tell you this is ENTIRELY UNTRUE! Barbizon is a wonderful company and I am proud to have sent my daughter there. This is the problem with sites list this, people can write anything.

It's a shame people may read this an believe it.

Barbizon is amazing and not once did I witness an act of racism with this company. PARENTS: DON"T BELIEVE THIS POST!

I work for Barbizon NYC and an a person of color and have never heard racist remarks at work......nor have I felt uncomfortable in the workplace over any type of discrimination. This is completely untrue and if you don't believe it, visit the NYC location.

The entire front desk ABD half of the admissions staff are people of color. Please stop posting incorrect/biased information.

@PissedConsumer625087

Well i dont know but I have gone to the NYC Barbizon and all some of the girls are of color and they are very nice. They treat us with respect. So i dont know, maybe you feel its meant towards you.

Barbizon Modeling School (San Francisco) stole my $495

On August 19, 2012 I took my daughter to your auditions you in Concord, CA at the Crown Plaza Hotel. I was told that the Movie – TV program will be a 40 hour workshop held over a standard duration of 20 weeks every other Sunday. I was told the program tuition will be a total of $2395.00, and I could make monthly payments. I was told I had to pay $495.00 by 8/22/12 if I wanted my daughter in their next workshop which was scheduled for 8/25/12 from 2pm-6pm in San Francisco.

I brought in $495 cash and I have RECEIPT#14499 to their San Francisco office on 8/21/12 which was a financial hardship around this time of the year with school starting back buying school clothes, and school supplies etc. They had to have the $495 by 8/22/12, and I asked them could I bring the money in on 8/24/12 which was my pay day. They informed me that would be too late, so I got a couple of pay day loans to pay the $495 deposit. I am a father of 4 children, and I don’t have money to throw away in today’s economy.

My wife and daughter attended your workshop in San Francisco on 8/25/12 from 2pm – 6pm. At the workshop my wife was told that going forward the workshops will be every other Saturday starting 9/15/12 and ending in January of 2013. If I was told the workshops will be every other Saturday during the auditions in Concord on 8/19/12 I wouldn’t signed my daughter up for this Movie-TV program, because I knew I wouldn’t been able to make it to her auditions. On Saturdays during this time I was coaching my son’s Pop Warner Team in Alameda who games were held every Saturday from 9/1/12 – 10/27/12 when the season ended.

My wife sent you an email back in September 2012 explaining to you that my daughter wouldn't be able to attend Barbizon, and we never heard anything back from anyone. My wife just informed me this past week that we haven’t received a refund or heard back from you.

To resolve my problem I would like my $495 refunded to me immediately. It seems like it was a lot of misleading information given to me at the time of the auditions, and the workshops. This is the actual email that I sent to them requesting my refund $495on 1/3/13. This is the response they sent back to me below on 1/3/13 telling me about another one of their misleading and misinform auditions tryouts. Barbizon you should be ashamed of yourself ripping of hard working parents who just wants what’s best for their kids at the end of the day. I guess this is how you stay in business 70 years stealing people money. Way to go Barbizon........

"Barbizon San Francisco" On: Jan 01/03/13 3:06 PM

To: Reply to: education@***.tv "Barbizon San Franci...+ Add to Address Book MODEL OPPORTUNITY FOR JOICO & ISO FASHION HAIR SHOW!!!

JOICO & ISO WALNUT CREEK BEAUTY FASHION HAIR SHOW AUDITIONS

FEMALES: AGES 15 - 35 / MODEL TYPES

ALL ETHNICITIES & HEIGHTS

NO WEAVES / WIGS / EXTENSIONS / BRAIDS / RELAXED HAIR

*HOW MUCH CUT COLOR STYLING IS DONE IS DETERMINED BETWEEN MODELS & ARTISTSPlease come with an open mind.

[ MODELS UNDER 18 YRS MUST BRING A PARENT ]

First Audition Date: FRIDAY, JANUARY 4, 2013 at 10:00 A.M**Models chosen at the first audition will be required to stay for prep and should bring a change of clothes.

Second Audition Date: SATURDAY, JANUARY 5, 2013 at 3:00 P.M

There are two Audition Dates for two different group of artists selecting models. Models not chosen for the first audition can return the next day for the second audition.

EMBASSY SUITES 1345 TREAT BLVD.WALNUT CREEK , CALIFORNIA 94597

Please contact Everardo Salas atEMINENTCASTINGS@***.COM COPY TO : STEPSTUDIO14@***.COM

818-505-**** EMINENT CASTINGSwww.EminentCasting.com

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT EMINENT CASTING DIRECTLY!

[ NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE . GOOGLE FOR DIRECTIONS ]

PREP DATES : FRIDAY, JANUARY 4th OR SUNDAY, JANUARY 6th, 2013

SHOW DATES : SATURDAY & MONDAY / JANUARY 5th & 7th, 2013

MORNING TO LATE AFTERNOON

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry to hear that you have not received the customer service you should have received from our company. We would be happy to resolve this for you. Please send us an email at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com with your contact information and we would be happy to resolve this for you as quickly as possible. Again, our apologies you were not happy with your Barbizon experience.

That hair show wasn't misleading. I modeled in it 2 weeks ago along with several other models; 2 of which were from Barbizon. Granted they both warned against spending any money on modeling schools and said it was a waste of time and money.

@PissedConsumer595123

The point is not the details of the hairshow...

An info about a hairshow was sent in reply to his inquiry of an issue. Get it?

Please send us an email at barbizon@***.com with your contact information and we would be happy to resolve this for you as quickly as possible. Again, our apologies you were not happy with your Barbizon experience.

Wow, they are sending you information about a paying hair show, not sure what is misleading about a hair show.

@PissedConsumer593183

Are you ***? He sent an inquiry to resolve his issue at hand with Barbizon and in return he gets an email of a hairshow.

View more comments (4)

Want more money

My Daughter is in barbizon school now. paid 3000.00 dollars.

for the classes. She has been going for the last three months. In her last class her coach encourage her to go to this audition in December. Her audition did not go so well, she froze on stage.

I did not think she would be chosen, but she was. They said she did wonderful just a little nervous and wanted 3000.00 dollars more. Even though we have paid barbizon 300.00 dollars.

So yes I think it is a scam. All they want is your hard earn money.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Some of the Barbizon locations do offer advanced opportunities. By no means are you required to pay for these nor will it affect your current status with our company. We would simply like to offer the opportunity should you be intersted.

My daughter is in Barbizon, loves her classes and I did not pay anywhere close to 3,000 for classes.

They have said that they will have a search next year for the national convention they participate in but they told us from day 1 that there would be a fee for that and it was optional.

I asked a lot of questions up front and they answered them all. I also new that there would be a fee for training.

My daughter loves it!!!

#792071
@PissedConsumer578519

This makes me suspicious. Are Barbizon now writing false reviews?

@PissedConsumer792071

I think so.

Loss

Barbizon modeling and acting should be ashamed!

My 9 year old daughter was scouted at the mall. Was told she was pretty, great for tv, everything many girls would would love to hear.

So here she was so excited for auditions, and I was excited for her too. I really wanted this for her so she can gain confidence and grow out her shy shell. So we go and thru this audition she was so excited giving her all, giving all her walks and scripts 110% of what she has. Then finally she goes one on one with a talent director and was asked all these questions, pictures taken and all.

The she ask my husband and I over and over if that's what we really want and we repeatedly said YES. Common sense would tell you if we didn't we wouldn't be here right. So she takes my daughters hand and says "you made it! " she was so excited for she really wanted this more than anything.

Then the talent director pulls a paper telling me about a $2900+ tuition. I wanted to burst into tears knowing these people built my 9 year old daughters hopes and dreams and laid it out for me to break! Simply because I could not afford to pay that in this economy now a days. I told her I could not and was not expecting to have to pay that at all although I completely understand that everything has a price tag I simply cannot do that right now.

As my daughter went to bed tonight she went to bed with tears rolling down her face. Thanks Barbizon

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Our sincere apologies for the experience you had with our company. Please know it is never out intention to upset the families or students who audition for our program. We would very much appreciated hearing more about your experience so we can resolve this for you and improve our business practices. We would very much like to speak to you directly. Please email us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com or call 1-888-999-9404 and we would be happy to make things right. Again our sincere apologies.

The facts are, everything has a price tag. You can expect a quality training and educational experience for free.

Barbizon is the best at what they do. The tuition covers all the necessary supplies needed to train the kids properly. You wouldn't be 'ashamed' at a college admission staff to be ashamed at themselves for accepting someone to an Ivy League school then them telling you the price. Nothing is free, especially the quality training and education to make a person incredibly successful in life.

You must spend money to make money. I'm sorry, but this is a weak argument. For the price of it all, it's a steal. I attended Barbizon and struggled every second paying for it.

My entire family broke the bank, but they did it because it was worth it. It was an experience that opened so many doors for me, and now, $3,000 is chump change, and I never could have gotten where I am now without Barbizon.

@PissedConsumer593383

Ok so barbizon being worth your money that's only your opinion. Question is how successful are you now.

Movies, magazines, red carpet? If so great job hats off to you! Personally, maybe it's just how barbizon presents themselves that puts them in such a bad situation. Maybe being honest from the beginning would change the minds of many parents.

But just being so scandal in the beginning isn't such a good idea. Maybe that's all we parents want is trust and honesty. Besides that we are talking about young children that are not even teens yet. That age is the hardest to help heal a broken heart.

Oh we'll maybe success in another area would be better. Of course everything has a price tag but if you really do know about it many famous people were scouted because they had it.

Real auditions normally don't cost that much. Especially if you have what it takes.

Same exactly thing happen to us....is a very low way to get money! Unbelievable!

Those people have some guts to do that with kids...my daughter was so heart broken! And the director: you were accepted! !! Only few spots left...just for" registering" $500!!!

I refuse being ripped off...be aware. ...be very careful with those people.

If you ask me barbizan is barbizan. Maybe i dont know everything about it but i do know my child is emotionally crushed.

Maybe it is independently owned and operated, but i assume they all follow the same policies and follow the procedures. Besides that the woman we met with used the term "we" (meaning as a whole entire company). And I quote " we have hundreds of locations world wide'. This woman also mentioned "we travel all over the world to scout".

It was rather very nice and professional for the 2nd barbizan person who had commented on this discussion to even initiate an apology and a resolution. However my child had taken this experience to the heart and who knows how long it may take for her to grow out of this. As for midway barbizan there was absolutely no reason for a response like that. The situation is already bad enough.

It gives off a feeling of being attacked. Not very professional. All and everything I had mentioned was no lie. My child was hurt emotionally and being hurt emotionally is the hardest thing especially for a child.

This is a serious situation I just need to reach out to other parents so that no child should ever be Put in this situation. It is hard for a parent to deal with this type of hurt and hard to even see their own child hurt this way.

Because we are independently owned and operated, Barbizon Midwest is its own entity. Please be careful in clarifying which Barbizon you are referring to. Barbizon Midwest is always happy to resolve any issues within our own company.

Phone: 847-241-****

Email: Barbizonmidwestmodels@***.com

Check out our Barbizon MIDWEST website, blog (blogspot), facebook, twitter, or pinterest!

Please email us at barbizon@***.com or call 1-88*-***-**** and we would be happy to make things right. Again our sincere apologies.

#792072
@PissedConsumer568413

I attended Barbizon once back in 200something. They took $800 deposit, and when I asked for a refund, the director said "You signed a contract which shows there can be no refund."

At the time, I was young and left it there.

But now I realized they scammed me.

View more comments (6)
Poor customer service

I worked there.. run away quickly!!!

I use to work for barbizon schumburg. Sheila Keohane is money hungry.

And her husband nemes the president is the puppetmaster. No there isn't a review process.. Everyone gets called back unless they kill you at the interview table or they "DNS"= do not submit usually because if they sense money problems or either child or parent has attitude problem. They call you back based on your call back time.

They check deeply to see if your parents can pay. And if they can't pay they say ok maybe 2nd session and maybe your child can babysit for the money and if not then they "kill" your application and toss it in the trash. If you do pay then of course they love you and your credit card. They love you more when you pay in full..

And so do the talent directors. But they truly love you after your payment clears. Because that's when the td's commission either 300 200 dollars depending on what state they work in. Option 3 on the payment plan sheet is non existent to them.

Keohane has the worse attitude.. Treats her employees like *** unless you are making her money. I have seen dozens of girls and one *** guy come and go days after they were hired because she doesn't respect anyone pushes everyone to do things her way or u can leave.. Yes barbizon is school.

Yes royal mm is the agency. Yes their talent directors have to call their lead slips until someone answers.. Yes they read a script for everything they say to you over the phone and might throw in a personal story every now and then. If you say its a scam they will say oh but we have an a+ rating with the better business..

And we give scholarships and blah blah blah... But behind closed doors Keohane fired a girl who came back and hung herself in the back room because she was so evil to her. Behind closed doors most people wanted to get fired to get unemployment but they usually just got up and walked. It seems this location hasn't changed at all and is only getting worse..

Yea your kids may get jobs if their lucky and if they stay in contact with Paige. but I feel worse for employees who have to go through he'll to get your kids to enroll... Sneaky business the nemes run.. Have been getting over on people for many many years.

I felt guilty lying to these people at their interviews thinking they were going through an acceptance process.. And for moms and dads on their last dollars paying for this program and its crazy because Keohane will squeeze every penny out of you but could honestly care less about these kids. Smh. Embarrassed that I use to work there.

Felt worse putting it on my resume. :sigh

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We were surprised to read this post as we cherish our hard working employees, we are sorry things did not work out for you at our company.

Can't yousue them?

I've actually went through this program. You SHOULD NOT have to pay an agency to be represented.

I was called to this, I went and they accepted me. They said I can do payments, which for me is great.

I don't mind paying money to improve myself.

Regardless if I get work or not. :)

@PissedConsumer577103

Why the *** would you pay they teach *** :(

That's like a overnight or taverl bag. That's not even a handbag!

and since when can you not wear a short skirt with a bigger handbag? This girl doesn't even own a nice bag. Have you seen the other videos?

Sorry doll but I will? not take advise from you regarding fashion.

well if she is really lying why do us parent have to pay up front for this model agency when you say this teens will be earning money after their tranning they can pay you afterwards SCAM BBB A+ whatever.....Barbizon not changing teens life same parents are paying this money up front for tranning and college scholarships....

I have worked at 2 Barbizon's both while in college. I have found both to be very professional!

I was treated fairly and paid well for the work I did. I did see people who were fired, someone who promised jobs was let go on the spot, they have 0 tolerance for that or for anyone giving misleading info.

My guess is this is someone who did not do their job and were fired as a result.

Sad in this economy you want to discourage people from getting a job or people from going there!!! Grow up!!

Dear Anonymous,

I find it very telling about you and your charter in how you make the poor attempt to convey your dislike of the company. I have worked with both Mr. Nemes and Mrs. Keohane and I can confidently say that they go beyond the call for their staff, models and talent. This is one of the main reasons why they have the endless number of models and talent working locally nationally and internationally for the last 40+ years. For you to state in one sentence that they do not do anything for the model and the next to say they do is being very misleading and inaccurate.

If you felt that you were lying to the people that only shows you were not doing your job correctly. Not everyone that walks into Barbizon will be there for modeling or acting, over 60% of people that come to Barbizon come for the self-confidence and how to feel better about themselves. As far as the agency is concerned 75% of what any agent looks for is based on personality and attitude. Many Clients will not work with someone that has no personality and does not know how to move in front of the camera. For clients who are paying models – time is money. Also, no reputable agency will guarantee anyone that they will work or be a star and most importantly – what they put into it is what they will get out of it. For many it is a stepping stone to the bigger markets, people like Mr. Nemes and Mrs. Keohane have made the opportunity for them to go on to bigger markets a reality. It is more than having a good rating with the BBB or having the schools support them for their school lectures dealing with bullying, peer pressure and self-confidence. It is about having a proven track record for successful students, models and talent, of which they have!

I have been in this industry for over 25 years and I can confidently say that they have a great reputation and their Directors, Scouts and Instructors do have the knowledge and eye for what we look for in this business. I also know the girl that is a Barbizon grad from Ohio that won the $100,000 college scholarship from Barbizon and I can confidently say she also doesn’t think it’s a scam.

I think you need to take a long look in the mirror and start to take responsibility for yourself. To blame others for why you didn’t make it as a staff member is simply foolish.

Paul, Ohio (25 years in this industry)

Sounds like an "I'm pissed I got fired" rant rather than a pissed consumer

Very sad that you couldn't address them. I've worked over 5 years for Barbizon and have had no problems with either Keohane or Nemes. Anytime an issue arrives I address it, so I guess that's where you went wrong.

Barbizon changes lives for kids. What kind of a person are you to ruin that for them with your lies. Example: what you said about scholarships is fascinating considering they have awarded over one million dollars in scholarships to kids.

And they work with special Olympics and are sponsoring a Halloween dance even next week for them. Check your facts. Better yet take a long, hard look in the mirror because I would be amazed if you can actually stand to look at yourself.

View more comments (15)

Led us On and On and On

After a 2 hour interview - the entire time my granddaughter being told how beautiful and talented she was, the bomb was dropped when we were told it was $2300. Wow!

We were led to believe that she had this wonderful chance to become an actress or model. Then we looked around the room when we were leaving and realized that everyone that had come to the session was being told the very same thing. Slick salesmanship. Let's see - 15 x $2300 = $34,500.

This was just one interviewing session. I'm sure there were many while they were in Spokane, WA. They make the wannabe believe that something wonderful will happen and make the parent feel guilty if they don't dish out the $$$. What a wasted Sunday morning that was.

Don't fall for it. I'm thinking one in 5,000 will benefit from this.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you felt your time was wasted during the information session. We strive to be upfront with program expectations and will be sure to address this internally.

I admrie your I admrie your discipline & commitment to make your success online REAL DEAL, because 94.97% of people fail, and 99.9% of those 94.97% fail even MORE so you see why people talk like this, I you get upset for nothing Just say, hey guys, I really want to help you, but allow me to do so. Here are the points that you have to follow to get a good earning with Adsense.

People like step-by-step process that can deliver measurable results. Give them shortcuts, since you know already the game

Barbizon Midwest is always happy to resolve any issues within our own company. 847-241-****.

Hi, I came across this post because my eldest daughter graduated from Barbizon in Seattle last year and I am now thinking of putting my younger daughter in the classes to help her re-adjust after we moved. Barbizon did amazing things for my daughter.

They did not ever make us feel "guilty" as you said, and I think the skills she was taught are worth every penny and more.

She gets a call every time there is a local runway show or catalog shoot for her age group and the look on her face when she books a job is so incredibly rewarding as a parent. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your interview as much as we did but I hope your daughter felt beautiful!

@PissedConsumer541228

I don't believe that story.

View more comments (4)

Barbizone

Many people in Sacramento have been getting called into this modeling agency. I was found by a recruiter.

They kept calling me asking me if i was interested, i said no. The lady said she was going to take me off the list. I got another phone call today and I told the lady what happened the day before, she asked me to talk slower. I repeated myself a lot slower and shes like ok ill take you off the list because i wouldn't want to work with you anyways because of your attitude.

I was thinking to myself what attitude?! SOooo Rude!

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Our apologies for the poor customer service you received. We appreciate your feedback so we can address this and improve our business practices.

Is it a scam or not

well i got this free workshop and interview ..well when i told my dad he said dont count on it ... he said it might be a scam ......

then i said really....... since i signed up for the scloroship ...i wanna make sure it is not a scam... and we do not have to pay a thing... the lady on the phone said i sounded MARATRE for my age (11) .

when i was done i was very exited ,but now not so much.

Cause i dont wanna waste my parents time driving me all the way to DOWNTOWN LOS ANGLES . should I.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are always willing to address any concerns or questions you have honestly and direcly, please contact us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com

DONT DO IT IS A SCAM !!!! THEY TAKE OUT MORE MONEY THEN WHAT THEIR SUPPOSE TO AND IF U WANNA CANCELL FOR ANY REASON.

THEY SAY NO WAY IS NOT OUR FAULT UR DAUGHTER IS A QUITTER MRS GREEN IN THE FINANCE DEPT IS SUPER RUDE AND OFFENSIVE BE CAREFULL !!!!!!! SCAM !!!!!

You know its a scam because i gave them 400$ in advanced before my first class tgen i changed my mind and wanted my money bck before even attending a class but they said no then yess but they wont return it. Look for real agent in your area but first you actually have to work on your wharever you want to do or take local ckasses or school plays.

Your agent will only get money from you after you get paid for like a commercial and stuff like that. You shouldnt pay to join an agencie.

My mom was contacted October 2-2012 for barbizon modeling agency.. and I have a interview this Sunday witch would be the 7th of October at 4pm in south bend indiana... I don't want to go and it be a scam...should I go to this interview or should I stay home....?

Look them up on goggle. My negatives about this company, that should be a sign.

Look them up on goggle. My negatives about this company, that should be a sign.

I don't believe it's a scam they do teach valuable confidence skills BUT I've been told there are other agencies that are lower costs and some that you can get training either extream low $ or even pay upon the job(s)you get from there assistance. Do the homework if its a path/carrer choice you want to "invest" in cuz that's what it's all about- investing in yourself :) GOOD LUCK, anonymous Parent

View more comments (6)
ID

Barbizon is a scam, fake, and they lie and is way too expensive

I went to Barbizon in Boston and it was awful. It was in an old, run-down building.

The classes at Barbizon are mainly for girls/boys who do not have any confidence, which is fine if it did not cost so much money. Barbizon gets your information by having your sign up for a raffle to win a free make-up bag or scholarship for the school. However, I have never heard of anyone actually getting the scholarship. Once they get your information, they call you when they are in the area to come in for an interview.

After that, they call and claim tell your guardian how beautiful they think you are, and how much potential you have. They explain that they think you could be very successful and that their classes would really help you become a model. I finished the program and never received phone calls for any modeling or acting gigs. However, I did receive phone calls to be a Barbizon representative (which is just the person who takes down your information at the mall!) I have called Barbizon in Florida to ask about it why they never have any work for me, or at least offer any casting calls.

They explain that I need to go to a modeling agency to get work. I talked with modeling agencies and they also agree that it is a scam!

Waste of money. Don't do it!

Go straight to the modeling agency instead! Save yourself $2,000!

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you were not happy with your Barbizon experience. Based on some of the details in your complaint, it seems you went to Barbizon some time ago. Since your attendance, we have made vast improvements and even built a brand new Barbizon of Boston school. When you attend Barbizon, we guarantee classes for life at no additional cost and invite you to come back and check out the all new Barbizon, we are confident you will love the changes we have made. As far as the scholarship, we assume you are referring to our $100,00 College Scholarship and invite you to visit our scholarship page to view all of the winners, www.barbizonscholarship.com. We actually just chose our 2012 winner from the Northeast area. In regard to placement, we are sorry you have not been happy with placement services and if you would like to contact us with your contact information, we can work to make things better for you and recommend some castings (should there be some available) and agencies in your area. You can contact us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com. Again, we are sorry you were not happy with your Barbizon experience but appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Please contact us directly so we can work toward a resolution to provide you a better experience. You can email us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com and we can assure you we will get back to you.

I was told same thing scam. Go directly to a modeling agency.

It is free. Beware!

In regard to placement, we are sorry you have not been happy with placement services and if you would like to contact us with your contact information, we can work to make things better for you and recommend some castings (should there be some available) and agencies in your area. You can contact us at barbizon@***.com.

Again, we are sorry you were not happy with your Barbizon experience but appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Please contact us directly so we can work toward a resolution to provide you a better experience. You can email us at barbizon@***.com and we can assure you we will get back to you.

#520430

Well i Graduated From barbizon And honestly i Dont think it is a scam i did get agency calls now im 13teen and i get payed 3,400 to model my hair or any commercial

Poor customer service

This place is all a lie!

They only want your money! they tell you a bunch of lies and at the end you realize that nothing was true and its too late because they already took all your money!

STAY AWAY FROM THEM! I was there wanting to be a model, but its *** I regret it soooo much now but its too late! they dont even answer my calls now. They took more money than what they said, the "instructor" was not a professional, I knew more than her and theres nothing I learned there!

WORSE PLAYS EVER!

KEEP YOUR KIDS OR FRIENDS AWAY FROM THEM!

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you were not happy with your Barbizon experience. We would be happy to resolve any issues you have or unsatisfactory experiences. Please email us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com with your contact information so we can reach you to work toward a resolution. Again, our apologies you were not happy. We can assure you we take your complaint seriously and will work very hard to resolve this for you.

Please email us at barbizon@***.com with your contact information so we can reach you to work toward a resolution.

I agree with Stephen, you took the classes.

I took the classes and loved them. My teacher modeled for Barbizon when she was a teen in Europe and in Ohio and she has her masters in Teaching. I don't model anymore as I am in school out of state. But I had fun and learned a great deal. I did work for Dots and ***'s sporting goods.

Tess

thinking of signing my daughter up for these classes and i've read the contract multiple times. it clearly says you don't get a refund if you go to classes (which you obviously did).

why would they give you your $$$ back if you used the service?

should have read your contract. they aren't at fault.

@PissedConsumer516564