Barbizon Modeling School - Modeling Classes Review from Cincinnati, Ohio

I attended there back in the early 80's. It was costly, but my mother was very happy with the outcome, and never once complained that it was a waste of my parent's time or money.

The reason is because she didn't go into anything blindfolded. There were no promises made to either her or myself. The classes did a great deal for my self-esteem as a pre-teen, and I went on to obtain local modeling jobs. There just isn't much of a market for high fashion in the Midwest.

I do believe that some parents have big dreams for their children. Unfortunately in today's world, some classes of people and businesses will say or do nearly anything to make fast money. Most of the sales-persons in the modeling school industry are paid solely on commission, which negatively affects the "high hoping" consumer. If you choose to pay for your children to take such classes, be prepared for alot of criticism, which many children aren't prepared to endure.

Don't allow your children to be thrown to the wolves. Modeling is a cut-throat industry.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We appreciate your honest review and advice regarding your Barbizon experience and experience with the modeling industry. And we are glad to hear you enjoyed the Barbizon program. Thank you for your feedback.

Same here.. I went in the early 2000s in Houston, TX and I LOVED the classes.

I did some runway modeling and some catalog and advertising print work for about 7 years then I stopped. The classes helped me a lot with my self esteem and confidence and I think that's what Barbizon is really about... empowering the girls attending.

The modeling and acting seem like just a bonus. I dont know why people say such negative stuff, I really enjoyed Barbizon and when my daughter is old enough I will send her to Barbizon also!

Poor customer service

They make easy money off of naive people.

I attended Barbizon once back in 2000something. They took $800 deposit, and when I asked for a refund, the director ( who I remember was a really rude lady) said "You signed a contract which shows there can be no refund."

At the time, I was young and left it there.

But now I realized they scammed me.

On top of the overpriced lessons and auditions that cost people ( really?) , they do whatever they can to get your deposit up front in case you change your mind and give you contracts that limits your refund on it and the time limits of it.

It's a disgusting company who hide behind the values of the ones who started Barbizon back in 1900 which back in those days were much different that the scammers who are running it now.

If you go to their website, you will see that they put up pictures of celebrities that are famous now who once were barbizon graduates. I can assure you that going to barbizon was not their break in. Barbizon feeds on their success and gets false credit for their success.

Anyone who wants their child to get in to the industry, go to talent and modeling agencies. Their open calls and auditions are free, and if they find your child has the talent, they will pay for training and shoots themselves!

I know barbizon is a "school" thus they can ask you to pay for shoots and auditions and lessons, but cmon its just a front for lesson and shoots and auditions that are not worth thousands of dollars.

Barbizon, get some sense out of all these reviews. Stop feeding off of childrens and parents' dreams.

Don't be naive people. My review might be harsh, but at least I am honest to you and not feeding you wrong information to get into your wallet.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
While we appreceiate your feedback, we are concered that you claim you were charged for an audition. Barbizon has never charged for an audition to our program. There is a fee for our training program and while not every comes to our program to be famous, we have had many graduates find success, in whatever way they define their own success.

Yeah, and all that for almost 10 grand. You can learn those "life lessons" in far easier and far cheaper ways.

It's a scam, plain and simple. If it wasn't, they would be open and honest from the beginning. They wouldn't have to lie and say it's for a modeling job interview, one on one. Only for it really to be a marketing scheme where there are over 200 different people there to just watch a movie.

It's deceptive on so many levels. If they were honest, they wouldn't have any business.

you realize that the Barbizon you're talking about in this review is not even affiliated with the corporate Barbizon based in Tampa, FL?

Did you even go through the entire program?

I went in Houston TX in early 2000s and I did every single class.

It forever made me a better person because I had a place to go where everyone was positive and I spent those 6 months building my self confidence and self image. I learned valuable life skills that I took with me through college and into my PR career.

Maybe their marketing is not done properly, but the life skills they teach in those classes are invaluable.

For me anyway.

BTW I modeled with them for 7 years and I got to do little fashion shows in the houston Galleria, I did a couple brochure advertisements and I was in a JC Penney catalog. I didnt pursue it further because I had real career goals and saw modeling/acting as an activity like my gymnastics and ballet.

Ripped off

I am writing this to raise red flags for anyone out there considering signing up for classes with this company. I have 3 daughters, the oldest 15 and the youngest almost 10.

These two in particular have aspirations for acting/music and fashion design, respectively. My oldest daughter and wife were approached at a local shopping mall by a woman claiming to be a talent scout, falling all over herself about my daughter's appearance and carriage, stating that she has what it takes to be discovered. Of course, this playing right into her aspirations, she jumped at the opportunity to go to a " tryout" the following day, and my youngest daughter wanted to just go along and see what would happen. Of course the talent scout also latched on to my younger daughter, saying she had perfect features for child modeling.

Then they laid out their classroom plan over the next several months and of course the financial commitment. Just to register each child was $495, $150 of which was a nonrefundable registration fee. There was also a contract to sign committing to either a lump sum upfront payment or monthly payments through credit card, totalling a few thousand dollars for the two of them. The talent scout said that my daughters could show up at the first orientation, and if they decided it was not for them, then we would be out nothing but the $150 registration fee for each.

Both of my daughters went to the orientation, which was the Saturday after the registration was done the prior Sunday. My youngest girl ascertained immediately that this was not for her, only went to the orientation, and then went home. The older one went to the orientation and on the same day the first class, then also ascertained that this was not something she felt was taking her in the direction that she wanted to go, as it was seemingly much more oriented towards appearance and modeling and did not have a focus on acting skills and other talent development. We did as was instructed, sending a certified letter to the local Barbizon stating our decision, the reasons, and asking to cancel the contract, the monthly payments, and refund everything except the nonrefundable registration fee.

Come to find out that our credit card got charged the following month and the month after that, and nothing showed up on the credit card statement suggesting we were getting a refund. It was exceedingly difficult to get anyone to answer the phone at Barbizon, and only after several messages were left and several weeks went by degree finally get a call. It took a call to my credit card vendor dispute Center to finally get the business office for Barbizon on the line ( which is apparently in the San Fran area). We are now 4 months down the road from the original contact, and just now the credit card has resolved the dispute with Barbizon.

We did get the monthly automatic debits refunded, and of the original $495 fee paid for each daughter, they refunded $245. So essentially we paid $500 for 2 girls to be built up and told that they could be stars, sucked into the idea that Barbizon had the tools to make them stars, and the extra $200 we paid beyond the nonrefundable $150 registration fee for each was basically for them to attend an orientation, get a canvas bag probably worth $5 with the Barbizon logo, containing paperwork as to the schedule of classes and the itinerary. Incidentally, in another somewhat dirty trick, the fine print of the contract it said that cancellations had to be made within 5 business days of the time of the original registration. As noted above, the registration was on Sunday, and the orientation was the following Saturday, so already we were over the contractual time limit and lost additional money beyond the original $150 registration fee.

It all seemed quite contrived.

All in all, a thoroughly distasteful experience which left my daughters and wife feeling like they had been completely taken, and making me feel like there must be an awful lot of other people who have been highway robbed by this business venture. Bottom line, I would not trust any agency that requires that you put money down before you can investigate, have time to carefully consider your options, and always be skeptical when somebody else is approaching you out of the blue, saying that they want to help you get discovered.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you were not provided the best customer service we could provide and mislead on the intentions, mission and value of our company. We would be happy to resolve this for you and would like to obtain additional information so we can improve our business practices and address this internally to avoid this in the future. Please email us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com and we will have a representative reach out to you.

BMaAC, yeah right. The lying is the standard and supported practice.

You will only stay in contact if there is a promise of the person spending more money. Without that hope, you will leave people out to dry without a call back. Face it, it's a scam and the only people on here promoting the company are paid corporate shills, not real people.

From lying by saying it's free in the beginning to saying it's a one on one modeling job interview, just to get the 200+ girls to watch the propaganda video. If you were really honest and up front, no one would give you a dime.

We are sorry you were not provided the best customer service we could provide and mislead on the intentions, mission and value of our company. We would be happy to resolve this for you and would like to obtain additional information so we can improve our business practices and address this internally to avoid this in the future. Please email us at barbizon@***.com and we will have a representative reach out to you.

@PissedConsumer791524

BARBIZON: QUIT PRETENDING YOU CARE, YOU ARE FULL OF ***, YOU DON'T WANT TO RESOLVE ANYTHING, YOU JUST WANT TO SCAM PEOPLE AND TAKE THEIR MONEY,, YOUR COMPANY REAL NAME IS/ BIXEL TALENT SCAM AGENCY. ^%^&%^% OFF.

I was duped

I was a student of Barbizon for Six months. After the class was over I was promised Headshots And a meeting With casting agents. After going to the meeting I had my headshots And then Auditioned For the casting agent. I was told To come back the following day To review My photos. My mom Reviewed That package They gave us And read That There was a required Deposit of 1500.00 to view

The pictures. And my mom Literally Fell out of her chair After reading this. Isn't It *** Wow Casting Agents

are not what I thought they would be like. I am so disappointed.

Please beware!

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are so sorry to hear this as it is not our policy or in line with our set company values. We would be happy to resolve this customer service issue for you. Please reach out to us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com and we would be happy to work with you to offer a resolution. Our apologies again for the poor customer service.

Please reach out to us at barbizon@***.com and we would be happy to work with you to offer a resolution. Our apologies again for the poor customer service.

@PissedConsumer791527

*** scam company!!

Not as described/ advertised

Barbizon is a money grabbing wannabe agency.

They call themselves school now in fear of being called scams by real agencies and real industry people.

If you believe you or your kids have talent that needs to be recognized, be aware of schools like this and money grabbing artists alike. Always research a lot of about the establishments before you give any cent to them.

There are so many reviews on this site that should be acknowledged by future victims.

I advise you guys to write your reviews on their yelp site and their original site to gain the attention of a wider audience to the scam of this school.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry to hear you feel this way. We have a long standing relationship with thousands of industry professionals including agents, managers, casting directors, producers and photographers because of our long standing industry repuation and development programs. We would be happy to answer any questions or concerns you have specifically. You can contact us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

Then why do all your recruiters lie about the whole thing from the very beginning? Why are kids promised one on one interviews when it's really a scam to get everyone to buy into the propaganda.

Learn some business ethics. Oh, but then your company would go out of business.

We have always been a modeling and acting school and call ourselves that to provide the consumer an honest view of the industry and of our company. We state very factually on our website what our business is about and do not claim to be what we are not, nor do we guarantee jobs in the industry.

Additionally we work with thousands of the top agencies around the world that support our mission and our place in the modeling and acting industry.

We invite you to visit barbizonmodeling.com to learn more about our programs. We also would like to resolve any issues or concerns you may still have with our company and would be happy to reach out to you, please email us at barbizon@***.com.

$2000

Explanation

Okay. I've went to Barbizon and yes, I agree with the amount it cost was a bit extreme but its price included a lot that most are too quick to judge negatively before considering.

-the instructor isn't teaching for free

-make up

-books (yes, we received updated and useful books)

-knowledge on things that you would still pay your child to go through if you needed see fit such as:

--correct posture

--how to dress properly for occasion (formal, casual, interviews)

--properly apply make up for occasions

--proper skin care

--two weeks of efficient exercise and good health

--modeling stances(yes you must stand a certain way), different poses(oh wow, a way your eyes look can actually throw a picture off) and even how to walk down the runway

--learn the difference types of modeling and what to do (lets see you walk in a skin tight formal gown with stilletos and hold balance along with posture and do it with ease)

--to read a script without sounding like your bored or being forced

--gain confidence that honesty, most of your kids lack because of other peers and cold hearted people

--after graduation and the fashion show, a list of modeling/acting companies are given with phone numbers, adresses, email and direct numbers to call fot jobs (you didn't think we just leave your child out in the rain now, would we?)

Now unless you were once a model or actor in your past life or actually have knowledge on everything above and more, then please pass it down and continue on.

I was once a student and now an instructor. I myself model in magazines and have been im a few commercials.

Don't listen to angry people because either they failed at being support for their children or their children didn't grasp was taught and pursue further from what we have given them.

Either sit down and consider what is all given and even do a pros and cons. Just dont be ignorant

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Thank you for your honest review of our company. We are glad you were happy with the program.

It is precisely because I am not ignorant that I have never given any time or money to this sham.

This post sounds like the exact script given by one of the "directors" today and not a customer, makes wonder.....

I currently do that and agree that people just didn't keep working at it.

Good customer service

Horrible .

honestly barbizon is a huge waste of money , i went and i was all excited to "be a model" and become "famous" i went the first couple of weeks and i absolutey HATED it , dont bother wasting your money for something so *** . and they used to blow up my phone asking for more moneh cause i stopped going to class cause i couldnt take listening to those ignorant people and theres no point of going anyways its pointless.

plus the people there are really rude. finally, the girl who told us we were gonna be famous and super models tried to say i owned another bill and was trying to charge me more money for no reason.

- a girl who attend barbizon schooling

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you were not happy with your first few training sessions. We are happy to resolve this for you. If you could please contact the Barbizon you attended, they should be able to review your file and resolve any issues that you have had.

All across the world there are over 200 Barbizon locations that are owned but most of them have independent owners. So, all schools might be a little different.

You need to look in further before you pay. Sorry that it was a bad experience for you because I am attending right now and it is amazing. I love it there and just on the second time there I already felt better about talking in front of people. Now, it is a little your fault, and I am not trying to be rude or mean..

all I am saying is that Barbizon Centers that are legit don't guarantee jobs after graduation and the only time you will have to pay is if you get accepted. Yes, it has a fee. You do not have to pay to audition if they are legit. It is your job to look into it further if you are not sure.

Thankfully, it did not happen to me. Barbizon, is actually the best thing that has happened for me. I actually have something to share in this life and look forward to.

Once again, I am so sorry. :) 8) :p

@PissedConsumer786979

Yes, but having the barbizon name on your franchise means that the main company supports them and what they do. There are certain quality controls.

If they are doing all this bad ***, the main company condones, or at least looks the other way. They are just as at fault.

Barbizon is indeed not a scam. I went there when I was 14 and successfully graduated.

I have been in numerous commercials, dozens fashion shows and even have been in a few tv shows. I have had the pleasure to model with Tyra Banks many, many times. I have also been in several Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and yes some had Tyra, Heidi and Giselle. I am still modeling and acting and just started a singing career.

So Barbizon really does work and is not a scam!!! I have also been to Europe 10 times plus.

@PissedConsumer757984

you are doing a lot of name dropping, who are you so we can see for ourselves what commercials you have done what or who's fashion show were you in and what tv shows exactly? if you are praising them for what they have done for you give us all the real information, we can all say we have done things and it not be true are you someone working for them to get people to utilize them or are you really a pleased customer?

Loss

Felt uncomfortable and they do not care to refund

I signed up with them calling all the time after I met with a director and everyone is a director, there. I went to three class all the same, dates information present did not meet up to what was presented.

I am uncomfortable being there so I expressed that for the service I paid I am not receiving any information that is applicable to me. Never I received a call to why I was not attending when I called for cancelation they always said speak with you director.

I did and all I wanted was a refund even said keep the portion I attended if this is a school they should check attendence. When I called the office they referred me to the manger of registrar she was very condescending after speaking to her kris she did not want to give the name who she reports to.

So then I called corperate to ask for the owner I was given the wrong person. Basically this person knew I was in the Hollywood location without me saying anything. It's like he knew I was going to call when I asked if this is the owner he said I am one of the directors.

It is very weird and how can they do this to people. I kept says over and over this is more for younger and again was brushed off and he hung up the phone.who am I able to contact.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
I'm glad we were able to speak with you and resolve this. Hopefully you can be in one of our TV audience tapings in the near future. Please contact us should you have any additional concerns. (800) 556-6335 education@barbizon.tv

Please contact us should you have any additional concerns. (800) 556-**** education@***.tv

On Sunday 9/15/13 the author of this post was able to get in contact with the owner of the company who has complete authority to settle disputes such as this. The post author refused to provide her name or any other information that would allow us to look her up in our system to see where things went wrong or to credit her account.

Unfortunately, this made it impossible for us to help or provide any services at the time. We hope to amend the situation after receiving more information.

Since 1939, The Barbizon School has prided itself on recognizing the diversity and the individuality of each one of our students and tailoring our curriculum to meet their needs. Please feel free to call us at (415) 391-**** so we can resolve this.

We are sorry you have not received the customer service you should have received and we strive to provide. Please contact us at barbizon@***.com and we would be happy to work to resolve this for you.

@PissedConsumer718175

You guys are full of *** attorney checking you guys out.

$1990

Fraud

I know a person that was an interviewer some years ago for Barbizon Model Agency in Maryland. Funny thing he wasn't all he said he was, and was hired as some type of interviewer.

His name was Andrew T. Hawkins, and was a total FRAUD, and used it to put the make on women. As far as I know, he may of even made that up about being an interviewer for the Barbizone Modeling Agency in Maryland.

BEWARE ! Check things out !!!

Especially people proclaiming to be this person with all these credentials. I learned the hard way.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We do not have anyone by that name in our current or past employment records. If you have concerns about anyone who claims to be from our company, please contact us at 1-888-999-9404 or barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

We do not have anyone by that name in our current or past employment records. If you have concerns about anyone who claims to be from our company, please contact us at 1-88*-***-**** or barbizon@***.com.

Sucks

Barbizon is definitely a rip off. If you took theatre in school then you already learned everything there is to know about acting.

They taught me all the basics i already knew since middle school. And at the end for the photshoot omg dont get ne started the manager rushed the make up artists and they didnt do a good job one of the make up ladies wasnt even a professional she was a teacher at barbizon!my mom paid them 895 for the whole class including hair and makeup. They didnt even do my hair -_- i got so pissed i left and rescheduled. Do not go to barbizon.

Everything you learn can already be taught at school its a waste of money and time and the people there don't care about you all they care about is the money theyre making. I would never recommended it.

Trust me everything they promised were lies and the success rate is like 5% for confidence. You wont go anywhere with this agency.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you have not been happy with the services you received. We would be glad to offer you any classes you would like to take again at no additional cost so we may ensure you a better experience. Please reach out to us so we can resolve this for you at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

I personally love Barbizon Modeling and Acting Centers is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I believe in myself so much more and I can't wait until graduation.

It is so fun to be able to share this experience with my family and friends.

Sorry.. :grin 8)

We are sorry you have not been happy with the services you received. We would be glad to offer you any classes you would like to take again at no additional cost so we may ensure you a better experience. Please reach out to us so we can resolve this for you at barbizon@***.com.

Loss

Value of loss is my childs heart :Barbizon made my daughter a huge disappointment of tears

Conversation on went like this after meeting with them. My daughter got the phone call from Barbizon and this is the way they speak to you in person.

The agreement I was wanting to make with Barbizon was this: As a parent I want to see my child become something they like to do, there passion , so I told them that as a parent I have little money but for the contract we can make I think it will make everyone happy. if you believe in my child 150% invest in her and give her the training and the job you agree on giving her through your company and I will Double or even Triple the money and give that to you. Barbizon denied the deal and this is what they had to say instead.

Barbizon: B Me and My Daughter: MMD

B: I would love more than anything for you to be in the program I believe in you 150%. It just seems like your parent wants you to be rich and just cares for the money. I do not have any doubt or hesitation that you will be able to work. You're beautiful girl with an enormous amount to offer and I think if you SPENT the time getting the Training that you need you could be very successful.

MMD: Seems like all you want is the money. Cause I have no money. I am in a position that I can't afford that kind of amount for my child, I am sorry.

B: If that is the attutude that you have and you want to limit yourself to the level of success you to achieve that you're probably not the right fit for this company. And if that is the case I wish you all the luck in the world.

B: However if you really do want to be as successful as you told me you wanted to be your going to have to put in the time and get that because right now you're not ready to work with my agents and managers.

B: They wouldn't even waste their time meeting with you. You're not ready.

B: And Excuse me . I gain nothing from signing up for these classes. My success in the company comes from when you're ready to start working and you book with agents managers and casting directors.

MMD: I don't have the money so if you we can't stand on a deal so I can help my child then thank you for your time.

B: Just because you the parent put together a few photo shoots for your child doesn't mean you're ready to start working with the biggest people in the industry. I'm sorry and I hate being the one to break it to you, I don't think you MMD: (Barbizon said this directly to my child) as a (txt on her Phone) B: I do think you have the potential to do this and can be very successful. But you have a long way to go. I think you're beautiful girl and I'm 100% believe in you. But I'm sorry. You are not ready to work with my team.

B: Money is the easiest solution if it's something you want to do I can help you financially if it's something you don't recognize that you need well then there's nothing we can do about that. Just let me know. :)

MMD: Money is not the easiest thing, I want to make my child happy and if you think my child has it in her then help her please, Invest in her and support her, the money she makes i will double or event triple for you, please.

B: Wow. It breaks my heart that you feel that way. Like I said you paying tuition for the program dose not benefit me in anyway. If you researched every other company in the world what you get for their program and how much it is we are the cheapest in the entire industry. If money were the goal of our company then that would not be true.

B: If that is the way you feel that I wish you all the best in the world. Good luck to you.

MMD: MY child response to barbizon: I have no money so for me to go through training and then getting a job from your company like you are saying , the money I will make I will give it to you, I just want to go after my passion of what I love, it's not about the money for me it's my dream.

B: As of right now you're not ready to work with my agents and managers SO there will be no getting a job from us or anything of any kind.

MMD: I appreciate you for trying to get me in and to pay but I have no money. Thank you

B: I'm not interested in money and I'm not interested in this kind of offer. I'm sorry but I do not think you understand how things work. And if you don't have the money for the tuition how can you afford to double it. I'm not interested in the money or you doubling, I'm not sure heart is in the right place and if this is something you really want. If you decide that it is you can call me. But until then good luck to you. I have others who come up to me with a dream I put them in school to get them up and ready to start working some of them are paying for college I have already bought their first car and they're not even 12 years old. If you want this and your heart is in the right place let me know if your heart is not in the right place and this is not the right thing for you and Move on.

B: Looks like this program is not right for you. I'm sorry.

My child , response to this is tears and as a parent who can't afford I was in tears myself. That day we went I saw many like us who just couldn't afford it and they were so sad that they can't make there child happy and smile.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Thank your for providing your feedback. We are sorry you were not provided with the respect and customer service you deserve. We will be sure to address this situation internally with our employee should you be able to provide us the name of the respresentative you worked with. Please email us at Barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

So you couldn't afford it and wrote a bad review? Do you write bad reviews for everything that you can't afford?

LOUIS VUITTON SUCKS BECAUSE THEY WOULDNT GIVE ME A FREE PURSE BECAUSE I WANT IT..

WAAAAAAA. You just sound like a low class broke person that is taking out your frustration on a company that is a BUSINESS at the end of the day and they have classes with tuition that costs, just like cheerleading, ballet, etc.

@PissedConsumer845376

The point was not that she couldn't afford it, it was to show that even tho the Barbizon director saw potential in her daughter they weren't willing to work out some type of deal with them so they could actually work together. This director was saying its not about the money, but as soon as the mom brought up that if they could do some type of deal where they would be able to pay back double or triple the money once she started working the director would say that they aren't ready for the program and to work with this company because they didn't have the money.

This review was to show the hypocrisy in this company. If it is true that it's not about the money, then as a director he/she should have been able to work out some type of deal with the family if they truly saw potential in the girl, but when they found out that the money didn't have $2000 for 24 classes, They weren't ready regardless of how much potential that girl had.

#792066

The whole conversation just shows how Barbizon is such a hypocrite company who honestly goes after money only. How can a company like that continue? The people who work there should be ashamed of them selves.

Poor customer service

Barbizon robbed me without even using a GUN

I decided I wanted to get back into Modeling in May 2013. Through my research of modeling agencies in Philly I contacted Barbizon.

In spite of allll the negative reviews I saw online, I decided to go check it out for myself. When I got there, the 2 young ladies I met with pumped my head up sooo good, they pretty much suckered me into paying my money. They offered me to go on some cruise that was gonna cost me another whopping $4000 HA!!! I'm not rich.

lol They told me a specific photographer that shot some famous celebrities was going to be in town the following weekend and if I wanted to, I can shoot with him. So I was extra hype to do it. So I paid a good ole $1050 (shaking my head) for this *** photo shoot. I was promised hair (did my own), makeup (i could have did what she did myself), 2 8'10 photos, 100 comp cards and the CD of the images.

Ask me what have I received. (NOTHING)When they finally contacted me in early July, I was not too impressed with a lot of the pictures they allowed me to do another look. So I did another photo shoot. It's now August 7th and I have not heard a thing.

I have not had an update. They haven't called me about an audition. I haven't received one picture/cd or any good news about my comp cards. SMH I knew I should have went with my 1st thought about Barbizon.

PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE do not waist your time supporting them. They have always been known to scam since the 1990's.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We would be happy to follow up with the Barbizon location in which you completed your photo shoot if you have not received your photos. Please email us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

What it is these scammers barbiscam they have to eat so therefor they have to lie to keep the monies coming. Someone all to be able to do something about this.

I used to work for this company I know the inside totally a ripoff we have to get a paycheck if living is what we have to do so be it. I quit couldn't keep up the wrong doing giving these young ladies false hope sorry.

If you were already a model, why would you be calling a training facility? Barbizon is NOT an agency....and if you did the cruise, then you would have been seen by hundreds of agents!

The cruise is to get you in front of all these agents and managers so if you truly have something they are interested in, you will have opportunities and call backs from those agents who are interested in you. All they did was offer you a chance to get in front of all the people at one time.

Barbizon won't be calling you.

The agents would call you if they had any interest. SMH...

#792068
@PissedConsumer696159

Didn't you get the point? They ripped her off of $1000 for a photoshoot which was not shot as they said it would.

After a second shoot, they did not contact her back for the results of the shoots.Also I am pretty sure the "agencies" that are on this supposed cruise are not an actual representations of actual agencies. Real agencies have free open calls and auditions, they do not go on cruises which charge people $4000 to audition. Just no.

What kind of company is this?

The one to stay away from. Find real talent schools and agencies.

This one was created with good intentions and beginning, but lately it has been taken over by scammers. Beware.

Loss

Barbizon took my money and gave me nothing in return!

I signed up for a Barbizon audition at an event in September of 2012. In January of 2013, they finally contacted me with an audition time and location.

I went in (Feb. 3) with about 10 other kids and teens, and their families, sat through a presentation, and auditioned. After my audition, a Barbizon staff member took me out into the hall, where there were tables sent up, sat me down, and told me that she thought I'd do well in their program. Barbizon is NOT a modelling agency, they are a modelling school, however their Toronto office has connections to ICE Modeling, and they promise a contract with ICE to each participant who completes their program.

I paid over $1000 to Brabizon for an 8 week modelling course, and was promised by the staff member that classes would be starting on Saturday, in 2 weeks (Feb. 16), and that I would be registered with ICE, earning back my $1000 by the end of May (May 25 would be the last class). Up to this point, Barbizon had stuck me as professional, and above board. Was I ever wrong!

During the week, I received a call from someone at Barbizon, telling me that there was a class the coming weekend (Feb. 9), and that they wanted me to go to it. When I expressed my surprise that the class was this week, not next week (as I had been told at my audition), the woman told me that they "saw potential in [me] and wanted [me] to start early". I went to the class that weekend, and met about 10 other girls there, of varying ages.

As I talked to them, I realized that this class was week 6 of the 8 week program! I assumed that I would speak to the teacher when she arrived, and get things sorted out...but she never showed up! We were in the conference room of a hotel, and about a half hour after the class was supposed to start, one of the younger girls went across the hall to the lounge where her mom was waiting for her, to tell her the teacher wasn't there. This mother proceeded to call Barbizon, who didn't know were the instructor was.

When they finally called her back (15 minutes later) they informed her that the teacher had been in a car accident, so she wouldn't be coming. I chalked this up to the instructor being irresponsible (as she should have notified her work as soon as she knew she wasn't coming in), and hoped I didn't get her again. That same day, I called Barbizon Toronto, to ask them what the situation was with my classes (I was assuming that I would just go to the set of classes beginning on Feb. 16, my original start date).

The receptionist claimed that no one should have called me to come to the class on the 9th, but that I couldn't go to the class on the 16th because there wasn't one! Apparently they were no longer able to hold classes in the hotel, so they were having to find a different venue. She claimed I would get a call when the new venue had been set up. A few weeks went by with no call, so my mother called Barbizon Toronto.

The receptionist explained that they still didn't have a venue in our town, but that I could come into Toronto (just over an hours drive) for one of the classes (acting). I went to the class and was appalled! I'm 20, and although there were some people my age, the majority of people at the class were kids. There were some kids who were very well behaved, and I didn't mind having them there, but there were a few kids with behaviour issues, and it ruined the class for me.

I wasn't able to learn anything because a few little girls were acting up (one in particular was bullying her older sister, shouting out silly things in class, and smashing her fists and feet in things when she wasn't getting attention). When my mom dropped me off, she spoke to the receptionist and explained the situation. The receptionist rudely told her that no one would have called me to come to the class on the 9th, and cut her off when she told her that yes, someone had! Not knowing that my mom had spoken to her, I also went to speak to the receptionist that day on break, and she spoke very rudely to me as well, informing me that she had already spoken to my mother about this!

After another few weeks of hearing nothing from Barbizon, my mother called their head office. The woman at head office (Josie) tried her best to resolve the situation, offering to start me in classes in Toronto right away, and offering a few extras to me, free of charge. I decided that I needed my $1000 back as I was going back to school, and my mom couldn't afford the $50 for a tank of gas that it would take to get to Toronto every weekend. I thanked Josie, and explained that I'd rather have my money back.

She informed us that the refund would be the job of the Toronto office, not her, so she told us to mail them a formal letter, asking for my money back. We waited a few weeks, but didn't hear anything from them, so my mom called their office. They told us they "may or may not have received the letter" and also explained that it "may have been lost". My mother sent another letter, and an e-mail.

No response. After about five e-mails we had still heard NOTHING from Barbizon Toronto about getting my money back! My mother finally called Barbizon Toronto, and asked for the name of the owner. Lo and behold, later that day she got a rely from the woman in charge of the Toronto office.

I still, however, don't have the money back in my bank account.

DON'T get swindled by this company! They prey on the dreams of many children and teens to "be famous", "be on TV", or "be a model", taking money and giving NOTHING in return!

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Thank you for alerting us of the issues you have faced. We are sorry your experience has not been satisfactory and would be happy to work to resolve this for you in a timely manner. Please send us an email at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com with your contact information and we would be happy to work this out to the best of our ability. Again, our apologies you have not had a satisfactory experience.
#831964

Just another whiner in anonymous environment, hiding behind computer.

Please send us an email at barbizon@***.com with your contact information and we would be happy to work this out to the best of our ability. Again, our apologies you have not had a satisfactory experience.

#792069
@PissedConsumer679363

Did you refund her money?

@PissedConsumer792069

Yes, did you refund her money is my question too. Answer that?

Service
Barbizon Modeling School Teacher
Loss

No call backs for older talent in showcase

talent scout employees for showcase take hard earned money from older talent knowing there will be no call backs for them in L.A at showcase. they know this but yet still continue, WHY!

i myself carlos,teresa, veronica, irina and many others were shocked with no call backs, our only hope now was open cll backs from 12-1:pm to our surprise every talent scout told us showcase is for children and young adults and they are not there for older adults. the lines were 30-45 long and at 2:00pm all the scouts were leaving and our opportunity to find a scout vanished befor our eyes, how can the be.so i then took my story to my cousin jane velez anchor women/news reporter and my actor/lawyer friend mario. they both advised me to first ask barbizon to allow me to particpate in showcase again at no charge or refund my $6,000. im asking barbizon to hire scouts who are looking for older talent at showcase.

make a change at showcase for adults for the years to come.

thank you barbizon. Carlos Velez Ipas participant #4109 june 2013

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry to hear of your poor experience. We would be happy to speak with your local Barbizon to see if there are opportunities that better suit you. Please reach out to us directly at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com

It is unfortunate that i cannot remove my original post because, truly i really am satisfied with the showcase services. being up on stage practicing my monoloque with the comedian was thrilling and exciting.

that was fun :-)The imformation i was told regarding showcase being only for kids is NOT TRUE. it is for kids, teens, young adults and older adults. there was so much talent there, that i couldn't believe my eyes. WOW!

getting in front of the camera, acting out your monoloque in front of talent scouts and managers was also fun.

my hope is for you to go to showcase and get discovered, because you will. thats why you will see me there in feb 2014

Barbizon is a scam

I was also promised that my daughter would start making her money back as soon as she graduated but it been a year and nothing i have call over 20 time and its lie after lie i was promised this and that for the confusion and never recieved *** the classes were taught by the most getto people ever all i have to say is dnt waste your time or money cause thats all they are out for not to help just dont let it go if you already paid fight it complain complain till uour blue in the face cause for me i will do what i need to do to get my money back cause that was all my savings and im a single mom of 3 and money dnt come easy BARBIZON IS A SCAM!

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We would be happy to review your daughters placement status with our company to ensure they are in our placement system properly so they can receive notices for opportunities. While we never gurantee employment, we would be happy to help your daughter get started. Please contact us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

What did your daughter learn as far as LIFE SKILLS? Did it help her confidence, did she learn things at least?

DID YOU FILL OUT YOUR PLACEMENT INFORMATION? You can't expect to be handed opportunities on a silver platter unless you go after them as well. Paying $2,000 for instruction doesnt mean that Barbizon should automatically just deliver jobs non stop to your daughter.

Have you even called them and tried to figure out what's really going on? I modeled with Barbizon since I was 12 years old and always had a great time plus I learned a lot of life skills that have helped me in my PR career.

my daughter went and loved the classes. The women who taught the class had a masters degree and had modeled worldwide.

Dear Anonymous,

Sorry to hear your complaint, though we are unsure if you are referring to our company. Because Barbizon Midwest is an independently owned and operated franchise, we are our own entity.

We are always happy to resolve any issues within our company. Please feel free to contact is at barbizonmidwestmodels at gmail.com or by phone at 847-241-****.

ID
#420308 Review #420308 is a subjective opinion of poster.
$2000