PISSED AT BARBIZON U LET ME DOWN

My daughter attends Barbizon school in Fort Myers, I see that after the last class which is June 14th, 2009, that she will have to wait 6-12 months to graduate, but it saids I will received a certificate she has graduated 4-6 weeks.,. shouldn't the graduation follow appromptly afterwards what is the hold up ? Why can't Barbizon do normal procedures? it's only natural for to get certificate , but why should all those girls have to wait so dam long to graduate,, it doesn't make sense???? I just now called the tampa office 1-80*-330-****, they had me leave a message to some big shot that works there, and not in the office, is that a way to run a business? It seems Barbizon is not defending themselves, if they did , they would be on the news telling us so.. I am so dam pissed paid $2500 for this school for my daughter to learn their ways of being a model, not only to add to the budge the clothes and shoes i had to buy also for this school,

BARBIZON I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! I am sure here are alot of angry parents out they feel the way I do, i see a big law suit against you real soon. However I have my contract with me and I have proof .This isn't right nor your behavior, meaning not defending yourself, tells me that you are scamming us,..,.,.if there is a lawyer who is willing to be our lawyer in all this , please come forward, i am sure they are alot of clients feel the way I do.

J zickella

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you did not receive your certificate in the timeframe you felt it should have been sent. We have addressed this internally and hope to make positive changes moving forward.

I took Barbizon when I first thought I wanted to be a model, when I was 11. Here are the facts that I can come up with:

-They do not lie. They teach what they say they will teach. However, they write it in such a way that makes it seem like a ton more than it is. My experience was that every single class was the same, and it honestly felt very useless and repetitive.

-They boost your confidence. The one thing I can say I got from doing this is confidence. Because they want you to use their service, they tell you you have tons of potential. It feels good ;) haha.

-They charge you way too much, and teach you nothing about the business. They teach kids what they think makes them sound like they know just what they're talking about. They teach what they say they will, but they don't really educate you on the business because if they did, you'd realize that you're wasting your time and money.

My bottom line is that Barbizon does not lie per se, but they leave stuff out. If they were to teach you about how the business really works, then nobody would take their classes. They take advantage of the fact that you're so eager to jump into the business that you don't do any research on how it actually works. SO my advice to ANYBODY doing Barbizon is to DO. YOUR. RESEARCH. and I mean hours. because it could save you thousands of dollars!!!

They feed on people who do not take time to do some research and really learn about the business. I wish I had taken more time to learn more about how to get into modeling or acting, because then I wouldn't have spent a ton of my parents' money. At least, not nearly as much. So from a personal standpoint, opinionwise, I say Barbizon is SOOOO not worth it. You can find modeling classes elsewhere, that are much more useful than the ones they offer. Like, real modeling classes, not the same thing over and over. Do lots of research about the business FIRST. Do not take Barbizon as your first step into the business, it's a horrible idea. If you do tons of research about acting/modeling in GENERAL and you still decide you want to do Barbizon, well I'd think you're crazy. there are much better options out there. So parents, just do some more digging. Trust me, it's not worth it. Not to mention, they aren't very reputable. Don't blame yourself if you've already been naïve enough to fall into their, well set up, trap. But save yourself if you still can.. seriously..

I totally understand what your going thru, to make my long story short, my daughter never received services, due to traveling conflicts. Now they don't want to refund.

I called corporate, they said to write a letter explaining why i needed my refund, i sent the letter and they say i can't get my money back because they claim it's unfair to the company my daughter was chosen, and i made a promise by signing the contract.

They are full of it! We for sure need a good lawyer and more parents to come forward.

Well iam trying Barbizon rite now ! & its doing a great job w. me !

I am confused wht r u guys talkin about i havent tryed Barbizon but I think it is a good place :? :?

#198396

Wow. I'm seriously shocked and appalled by some of these comments.

I went to Barbizon when I was a teenager and I had an incredible experience. The teachers were kind and attentive and I got out of the program exactly what I was willing to put into it. Modeling/Acting is work and I understood that. I never expected Barbizon to get me a job; only the tools to find work for myself.

I learned everything I needed for go-sees and I landed several modeling gigs shortly after my graduation. My portfolio was full of beautiful shots taken by professional photographers at the Barbizon school and when I sent it out I received several phone calls from interested agencies. Yes, Barbizon is expensive, but all good schooling is. You DO get what you pay for.

Try not to assume that you've wasted your time. Consider what you or your daughter has learned.

Just because she hasn't instantly hit the runways does not mean that she won't. Get online and search for modeling gigs and go!

is it normal for them to call you? and should i look into it?

First of all, I don't think Barbizon let you all down. You all have let your own selves down!

You don't go charging up a charge card when you don't have the money to pay for it or pay it off! That is just plain ***. I absolutely know for a fact that Barbizon does not tell you that you MUST purchase their pictures. I know I didn't when I graduated there in the 1980's!

Just because they took your pictures and sent you through the photo shoot doesn't mean you HAD to purchase them. If you can't afford them, you simply don't purchase them! It is as simple as that! DUH!

I don't think Barbizon stood there with a loaded gun and told you that you HAD to spend that money. Also, what the heck did you spend $14,000 on? Excuse me, but there again.........that is YOUR problem, not Barbizons. Did they in fact tell you to go out and spend that much?

What good is an attorney going to do when it was your own stupidity that got you in this money problem to begin with? I believe you all like to complain and just because you or your daughter or wife wasn't the certain chosen one, you choose to blame the school. I don't know what your problems are but I graduated from Barbizon School of Modeling in the 1980's! I took out a loan and paid off my schooling/acting in payments.

To me it was worth every penny spent. I was able to put to use everything I learned at Barbizon for the rest of my life. When it came to job interviews or anything in my life, Barbizon was there. I was also lucky as I ended up working for the company after graduation.

I completely miss it there and at times I wish I could turn back the time or wished I still worked there. This was a company I should have never left. You all need to take a good look in the mirror and see who is really to BLAME for your financial hardships! You weren't told you HAD to spend that money via Barbizon!

You chose that path all by yourself! After all, you could have said, "NO!"

@PissedConsumer135683

i love Barbizon cause u don't have the $ is yo own *** fault now pleez....leave them alone as i start forward at a carrer cause i have just graduated i look more beautiful then ever and have so much more confidence...and i will soon make the money back...Disney channel loves me and im proud to have attended barbizan.. :grin

:? barbizon gave me a call and now i have a class this coming saturday but im scared because i think im going to be scammed out of my money

Whether you are looking for a modeling agency, a regular school, or helping your child advance in today's world, you have to look at the cost vs. the results, or in business terms, your ROI- return on investment.

Sure, schools are expensive, especially the ones that have excellent classes and have contacts in the industry when you graduate. Lots of people are complaining here that never seemed to start or complete the classes, so it's unfair to complain because you are an outsider who has never experienced the school's results. Even if you DO go through and graduate, what do you expect? That everyone will be beating down your door with modeling contracts worth millions of dollars?

NO! You have to start at the bottom like everyone else, and work at this job 24 hours a day every day. That's the secret to success no matter what you do. Too may parents think the road to fame and fortune just happens- it doesn't.

Brook Shields was a child actress, and if you read everything her mother wrote about her auditions and how much time it took to get her noticed, you will begin to understand how hard it is to get a break. But IF you do, then you can look back an say that EVERY school, every class, every step you took was well worth it. I have been running a music program for teens for the past year here in Chicago, and you would not believe how hard it is to get the teens to get up and get moving, and even worse, get the parents to get involved. Too many parents think that things happen all by thenselves.

You have to have a plan, and execute it, whether you are in modeling or any other profession. Work at this modeling/acting/performing and you WILL be successful.

At the least your child will learn how to handle themselves and be ready for life in the real world. Barbizon is not just a modeling agency- they are life coaches who teach poise, style, and grace- things that are sorely missing in today's teens.

Please stay away from Barbizon as it is a huge ripoff as it cost me $3,000 for modeling and pictures for my wife and daughter who graduated in March 2009. They are both beautiful and very talented. Barbizon used me from the word go...all they want is your money as it is the biggest scam I have been involved with,,,plz stay away...they have hurt me financially vwery much and now I am having a very difficlt time of paying this back on my credit card because of them

I agree with you 100 percent. I have spent about $14000.00 based on their promises.

I would love to get my money back. Barbizon is the biggest waste of time and money there is. I took my daughter there for "auditions" when in fact, they were trying to sell me something else.

Nothing they said was true. Iam seeking an attorney myself, let me know how yours turns out.

um i'm in the 48 hour decision zone for accepting the training :sigh :eek and my dad and step-mom want me to do it for the future modeling paychecks (i have print modeled before)(2 times) And they possibly think that i could make this a career (but i'm in it for the college $$$) i would be thrilled if you could tell me more about the hidden fees example:clothes and shoes!? and i agree that the cost for "training" is redonkulous!!! :eek

View more comments (12)

Chosen for Barbizon modeling

Theres alot of great information when you search the web BUT be sure not to visit JUST the Barbizon website, My 15 Year Old daughter was also chosen and everything was happening way too fast, I read some of the past associates who once worked for Barbizon state they felt bad for MISLEADING so many young teens into big dreams that stood a fat chance of ever happening, The cost was too much and they give only 2 days to think about it. Then they ask your parents to fax them thousands of dollars through their credit cards, Just for the school. Its NOT a guarantee that you will be hired with an agency once you have completed the school. They will charge for more expensive photo shoots along the way and some parents have paid over $10,000. Now in debt only for their sons and daughters dreams, Tell them you are NOT interested until you RESEARCH first. When you tell them this they will say you have just 48 hours to give them an answer.. Thats why I refused to pay them and gave excuses until My daughter and I had the time to research. My 15 year old daughter is not angry with me for saying NO.. She is only angry with Barbizon for possibly scamming her family.

No thank You Barbizon..

You can keep YOUR bridge to modeling TO NOWHERE

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry your daughter did not experience all the great things our program has to offer but certainly respect your decision. Should you ever want to ask us additional questions, we are happy to help via email, barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.
#205190

I have been with Barbizon for 6 years now, and they have helped me in so many ways. The training was so great for my confidence, i finally can give group presentations and I feel good.

After graduating my program i applied for my placement packet. About 6 months passed and I started to get calls for Auditions with major casting directors and agents. I went to IMTA and now am signed with Ford MM. I think Barbizon gives girls the skills to make it in life and helps them discover their real beauty.

Just like anything in life you have to work hard and keep trying to meet you goals.

Thank you Barbizon. :)))

Yay! Just finally got my money back by disputing the charge on my credit card.

Stick with it, it was easy. I would bet my bottom dollar that barbizon's merchant bank and most of the major credit cards have seen this over and over. We never signed anything or faxed anything - we were rushed to make a decision because training was starting that weekend. I stupidly gave my credit card number over the phone just to reserve the spot until we made our final decision and got back to them on it.

We decided not to go through with it and they never returned my 10+ phone calls!

Bad business all the way around. My situation was with the San Francisco Barbizon and with Leslie Gonsalez.

So glad this is over and that all of us in the family learned a good life lesson.

Random, if you think it's a scam, then don't do it. But if you think there is the slightest chance you could go on to fulfill any of your dreams, then look at bthis as a first step.

You can't go into this with a negative attitude or it will make you think negatively all through the clases. Either get with the program or get out- no middle ground.

i got chosen in to barbizon today but i'm not sure if i should do it or not bacause my family thinks it's a scam for money. the prices are insanely high and sometimes they don't teach what they told us the would teach

My daughter found about Barbizon in the mall. She got a call to set up an appointment.

I had an appt. and the woman who took the time to call us was not there. We get there and there are over 300 girls there for the same reason. My daughter went through the interview stage and was told that they would call her in two days.

They did call and told her she was accepted into the school. They asked which payment plan I wanted to do and told me what class times she would be going to the following weekend. They said I had to have the documents faxed by 2:00 p.m. to get her enrolled.

I started looking on the website for complaints and found numerous ones.

Least to say my daughter can become an actress on her own and I being her Mom can teach her how to feel good about herself and do her makeup. Least to say it is after 2 and I did not fax those documents.

I am surprised that someone would call this program a scam when they didn't even experience what they offer. My daughter signed up for the program not to be a model, or an actor, however just to learn how to look like one, to improve her self image and self-esteem.

My daughter is a different person because of this program! She is confident, and self assured, she is a fantastic presenter. My daughter used to be shy and unsure of herself hanging out with kids that were doing less favorable things however they accepted her. After the Barbizon classes, she is now the leader and no longer associates with those kids!

If you don't know how much these classes are really helping many kids, then you really should keep your comments to yourself. This school saved my daughter and helped her to blossom into who she is.

Was worth every cent and then some!!!!!! Thanks Barbizon!

Smart15one, I understand you might be a little upset with Barbizon. But as a mother who currently has a daughter attending Barbizon I can assure you that Barbizon is definitely worth it.

I do feel that we as mothers want what's best for our children. When my daughter approached me, I too was a little nervous, but I called the local Barbizon and spoke with a representative.

She took her time to explain to me that my daughter would benefit in more than one way from the classes. She was very upfront that my daughter wouldn't be an overnight success, that through hardwork and perseverance she can make her dreams come true.

View more comments (7)

The Barbizon Scam

I knew going in to this that it was a scam. unfortunately we would do anything for our kids.

After we got our card in the mail and calling them I asked if they were going to try to sell us modeling classes and they stated "No". I took my son to the BS seminar and sure enough they filled his head with false hopes and dreams and then hit us with the sales pitch.

My fault for falling for it in the first place. Now my son is crushed, angry at me, and Barbizon will get their naive fools that actually pay.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you did not experience the program and all it has to offer. And more so we are sorry to hear your son was upset. It is never our intention.

I actually went to Barbizon in 1985 for an entire year and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The goal was not to be famous and it was never presented that way.

They are celebrating their 75th anniversary, and you don't last that long by scamming people. Barbizon is a modeling school NOT an agency.

SHAME on you for allowing your child to be so delusional. SHAME on you for not presenting the realities associated with this sort of endeavor.

You are blaming Barbizon, meanwhile it is you who have done an injustice to your own child. Go get some nice head shots done and send them off to some local agencies.

Do some research if it's really that important to your kid to explore a modeling career, but also set the right expectations, that's how you avoid disappointments.

I knew that when i was at the mall when the lady ran up to. Me i should have fell for it cause all that bs was a waste of time

Barbizon may have a big name, with a small time attitude.

Do you pay for College Education and then call the School a scam because your kid can't find a job? Do you pay for Horseback riding lessons and then call the Trainer a scammer because your kid did not choose to go into shows and make use of the money you paid?

Do you pay to send your kid to summer camp and then call them scammers because your kid did not like it? Do you pay dues at a church and say God is fake because you had to pay for it or because they asked for your money. Giving something for getting something is the building blocks our society has been built on. You don't get something for free and you don't get anywhere without education and mentoring.

If you are the parent putting this down you are the parent bringing your children down. Be happy they are wanting to participate it could be worse and when it gets worse for you, you did that.

@PissedConsumer812653

No you don't pay for college and when your kid can't get a job say the schools a scam but nobody famous went to Barbizon and I've seen them prey on children who could never be a model so no all of the other things you listed had potential but not everyone has thousands of dollars to waste for their children's confidence to be built when they can do it other ways for a lot cheaper.

@PissedConsumer946003

Linda Carter was a Barbizon girl. If you are not familiar with her she was Wonder Woman.

Caressa Cameron (Former Miss America), Carmen Electra, Ryan Phillippe, and Selena Gomez to name a few...all graduated from Barbizon.

*The more you know...

I'm seriously so ashamed of some of the posts I see on here. The world is seriously messed up when a mother can't see the benefit to paying $2300 to build their child's confidence, give them something to remember, add to their college application of accomplishments and back them on being what they want to be but they can spend quadruple that on counseling and medications because they are depressed and not call the Dr a scammer.

What guarantees are getting out the medical world that is taking all your money little by little. What guarantee have you gotten from the public school system when they are taking $1600 a year for school taxes on average in most states?

If you are a caring parent and want to see your child prosper and grow this school is great even if that is all they get out of it is a smile on their face to be a part of something like this regardless of rather they take anyone that pays or not. Hello I've seen parents pay thousands throughout their kids lives on dance lessons since their kids are two and three years old and the kids can't dance a lick.

Some of them do.. Hello!

Don't take away from a child the chance to be happy about something in their lives because you can't afford it or don't want it for your child. My child is happy to do it and I'm happy to pay it just for that. I spent more than this on a pool for their happiness.

Come on people wake up. Don't be dragged down by the negative. If you know in your heart it's an experience your child should have then do it regardless. Hello I just had a contractor take me for $8000 on our house that burnt down.

Everything has to be thought about before done.

Read the material know your options and go with what you think not what people try to tell you for their own selfish reasons.

Mother of a teen I am very proud of that applied to this herself was not approached and that will cherish every minute of it. Every child deserves to be Happy, I'm glad Barbizon is there to help make that happen.

Unfortunately not everyone makes it, just like not all the boys who participate in college football get to play in the NFL. You don't see anyone screaming the NFL is a scam.

My daughter was/is a Barbizon model and has been all over the world at only 19. She has been to Europe/Asia/New York/L.A. It took lots of hard work and dedication since she was 14yrs old. It finally paid off at 17.

A full 3 years from her start. I'm sorry your daughter/son didn't make it but I can assure you it works.

I am new at this barbizon thing its sounds like a school that are looking for certain types of people and i guess if the agents dont like you then they wont pick. thats what im getting out of all these comments.

I have my thing tomorrow and if thye dont like me then ill just try harder. WHOEVER POSTED THIS IS JUST STUP 8) ID!!!!

I am a Barbizon model and trust me, it is not a scam. The classes are a lot of money but they totally pay off.

My mother took me at the age of 13 and paid for the classes. At first we were very skeptical about the whole thing, but after all the classes, I learned so much. It made me more confident and it definitely improved my appearance. Barbizon is full of great opportunities and I wouldn't take back my experience.

My friend who attended the class with me has already been in magazines and on billboards.

Another is shooting a movie. So that's that.

View more comments (678)
Not as described/ advertised

Barbizon preys on teens' dreams

Barbizon is not a talent agency or even a legitimate modeling school. Barbizon preys on teens' dreams and parents' fears. Their "talent directors" are trained to ask teens how long they dreamed of being a model. The employees are encouraged to warn parents of the perils of drugs and alcohol... perils that only Barbizon can combat.

Barbizon pretends that they audition people and that there are limited spots for only qualified individuals. In reality, their employees are paid on commission alone, and so are very motivated to make a sale. Barbizon will take anyone that will pay their exorbitant fees. Barbizon is staged to look like a talent agency, but is anything but. In fact, it is a mediocre overpriced school, at best... a fraudulent scheme to prey on our dreams or fears at worst.

For those interested in modeling, acting, singing or dancing, there are much cheaper and more legitimate ways to pursue your dreams. Join free or low priced community groups. Barbizon will take your money and not help you with your dreams.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We understand there are many ways to break into the modeling and acting industry and encourage families to take the path that best suits them financially and their goals. We are always happy to answer any questions you have regarding our credibility or our program and can help you directly via our coporate email at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

I had to drive 2 hours to get to the interview, per he girl in the phone she told me if my son was good enough for them they might not charge me a lot I had told her that I had just had a similar experience and she told me not to worry they where different and if my son had talent an agent would get him with no fees but first i would have to drive there for an audition. When we got there they talk a little about what it takes to be a model they made the kids get exited and had them walk and model for the parents then they take you in a room and talk to you.

They look at my son and told him he was full of talent and that he could really become big some day. They even told him there casting coming up and they want him to audition for them. They also told me that Disney might be interested on him to forward more pictures of him they think they might have a project that they might be able to use him for. They had him say a commercial then sing he look really exited with my son, my son was super happy i then told them after they told me how much it cost that i didn't have the money right after they said ask your family or anyone to help you is one of a life time opportunity you will not get a 2nd chance he has the talent we can really use him here then as the interview was going he would come back and say there's only two spots left I need to make a decision fast then he need it talk to his boss and per they guy he had to get almost kiss the floor for my son to be accept it then he got on he phone and he was telling who ever was in the other side of the phone that my son was really special that his something else he has talent I honestly thought his probably not even talking to anyone it's just pressure for me to make a decision.

Then he told my son his done voices on cartoons and my son then since the cartoon are his favorite he was really exited and happy to even meet this guy. Then after all this I my self believe on him so i sign him up. Since my son loves the cartoons he mention as soon as we got home he look the cartoon up and then search for the voice behind the cartoon characters to his surprise his picture and his names where no where to be found he got really discourage to the point that he ask me to sign him out of the program he doesn't want to be part of a program specially after his been lie to, if he lie about all this he probably lie about the rest of the things he told him. That's funny how they told us in front of our kids you don't want to take this chance from your kids and look how he broke my son's heart in just a few minutes to the point my son don't want to be part of this chance he offer him.

He told me mom i have talent and i know i will be big one day you don't have to pay all this money to this fake people. We understand it's a school now after he made our research just like when you pay for college you then have to look for employment your self but what I don't get they make you believe that they will help you and that since they are making movies there so have more of a chance to audition and once your ready they will put you in front of producers and of course they make you feel so special and that you should be lucky just to be in their office. I honestly made the wrong choice and i truly regret it so much with all this holidays and I gave my money for nothing. I really recommend to make your research before you sign it with them don't make the same mistake like me.

If you are looking for just a school and training it's good but longest you know what your going in for with no fake hopes. I am not a hater my son is actually in the program not for long but i wish i would had research this better before i even got my self in this mess.

The good thing that I learn from this and God knows that my son is really specially for of talent it will be his time to shine one day but not at this cost and the good thing that my son agrees with me on this. :(

You guys, stop it. I'm an alum of Barbizon OC and I had a fantastic time myself.

I didn't go to there just because I wanted to be a model or actress. That's a wrong way of thinking if you really want to get the most out of Barbizon. They don't magically make you a model or actress– that isn't their job really. It is YOU.

YOU need to do your best in class so they can help you become more confident, or else they cannot if you are saying all this sort of stuff. You might be mad because this kind of thing isn't for you.

Hey, I'm not rich but I would never trade the experience of taking classes at this Barbizon. :)

I'm 14 years old, and i just attenced a conference held by Barbizon and i later found out that i was "accepted" into their classes. it seems really cool and all, i was really excited, but they also told me that it would cost 3 grand for just 48 hours of training.

its all spread out over a couple months, but its really not that much. I really want to be on stage as a singer or a model, but it seems that my dreams are now crushed thanks to their high price. I was determined to save every nickel and dime i get, and get a job or something in order to get the $3000 but that would take me a year or two, and my parents cant help cuz my mom and dad are diorced, my dad is barely surviving, and my mom has to use a ton of money for pancreatic surgery. I REALLY want to be a model singer, actress, etc.

but i dont want to save all that money and have it go to waste.

and trust me, i'm not naive thinking that i can just show up and get a job, but i know i can do this and i think i can make it, i just dont know if its worth putting 3000 hard earned dollars into a scam or a chance. :?

I would not put my child through this! It is a scam and a rip off!

It crushes young people who think they have a chance at modeling and then the calls never come. I would not trust comments that are for this scam either.

I seriously doubt they have or had children in the program and are only here for the company to make people think it is a good thing. Protect your children from scams like this!

i just went to one of the informational meetings today. i have to say i was impressed.

but i realize that the idea of being behind the camera and being on t.v. is a very very long shot. the industry is what it is. suck it up.

its gonna be tough. but, what you get put of it is worth more.

i want confidence and thats what ill get for sure. :zzz

Personal development - yeah thats what we sell. We want your kids to be better, so give me $200 an hour, and they will be mature young ladies w/ Hymens in tact (kind of).

You can't get that kind of teaching anywhere, I mean anywhere, who is gonna teach your kids to be better people? who? who could possible do it?

other that the parents that is? but lets not bring them in to the picture - I need the money.

Please send your money and girls - no fat chicsks please.

I went to Barbizon many years ago I'm 41 now I was about 16 then. I don't regret going to Barbizon because I remember I really enjoyed learning about makeup and participating in the fashion shows and best of all meeting other girls with the same interest and enthusiasm. I didn't become famous but I was ok with that I just loved the experience.

i was going to pay the fee with money i scraped together from my parents, my family, and most important, my college fund because they told me i could be widely used for my naturally deep blue eyes, my long blonde hair, and good attitude. when i was done and graduated they NEVER got me an agent and never called me back.

i definatly assure you NOT to make the same mistakes i did.

now i cant get in to college or even pay back my family for what they thought would be a great once in a life time opportunity. :(

13 wanted to be with barbizon but i guess thats not a very good idea...??lol thnx 4 the heads up

View more comments (13)
Not as described/ advertised

Barbizon is in it for the money

I'am writing in regards to barbizon modeling school. My daughter attended the school about four years ago.

She was told by the owner of the school that they would be able to find her modeling and or acting jobs in Phoenix, L.A. Paris, etc, etc. They showered her with compliments and made her hopes become very high. We paid the tuition(never did they mention any kind of scholarship program).

It was not easy for us to come up with tuition but it was very important to our daughter so we did it. Our daughter wasn't looking to become a high fashion model she wanted to do some catalog work and possibly earn some college money. After graduating we were contacted a few times both time the letters were recieved after the event already happened. She is a very beautiful young lady with a high self esteem.

She has kept in contact with some of the other barbizon graduates and the only ones to go any further were the girls that paid more money to go to New York for some nationals. Please if your thinking about attending barbizon of az.

don't here are so many other avenues you can take. Thankyou for your time, Joy Bush

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Did you daughter complete her application for the placement division? Most Barbizon's do offer a free placement service to help graduates with opportunities.
#841911

First of all, Barbizon never guarantees you to become famous or to get a job. I am a Diamond Bar Barbizon graduate and they do over price the tuition, but most people don't know that after you graduate, you can review the classes over and over until you are 24.

I think it is worth it if you keep going to review. Most people don't get an agent because there are only so many agents at graduation.

I didn't get an agent but I am working on it. It doesn't come all of a sudden, you have to work hard for it.

I go to barbizon in Diamond Bar, CA and they offered me a scholarship program when they offered me the classes and they told me that I was not 100% garunteed that i would book any jobs. Maybe you dont realize that the money pays for the six months of classes then you can take an additional six months of advanced classes and then the miney also pays for your photo shoot(make-up and hair) and your graduation. But the first thing they told me was about the scholarship program and that i was not 100% garunteed work.

I attended Barbizon years ago in Highschool and it was great for me. They didn't fill my head with false dreams.

They were a modeling school.. Therefore.. we took modeling classes during the weekend all day & at the end we graduated. simple as that.

they taught me how to apply different types of makeup, hair, and had us practice different posing. it was not a scam clearly some of you parents were thinking too much into this.

These few classes are the reason i know how to take care of myself in certain areas. I loved Barbizon and it will always be a great experience to me.

I went to Barbizon years ago and loved it, my parents did not pay anything close to 2,000.00 I did local promo jobs,print work and 1 Tv commercial. I did not become a star but I had a great time made some extra money and just went back and took the classes over for free as I am going to be graduating from collge soon.

My parents paid for everything I did as a teen and this was just one more fun activity. I had a girl in my class that did go to NYC with them and you can see her in ads everywhere today. My dad came back from Europe and she was in all of the air france ads.

I think Barbizon is great if you go in with the right attitude and you are not expecting to be a star. If you go in and think they will make you a star I think you will be disappointed.

Hi there! I was one of those girls who attended Barbizon and IMTA.

Barbizon is and isn't a scam. How can it be both? First of all I had to take additional acting classes outside of the school to get further training because I was not taught enough skills but, I have done tons of Promotional Modeling, fashion shows, and recently have auditioned for commercials and movie extra parts. I'm going to be a movie extra in a new movie.

No I'm not some huge star but all my work has come from Barbizon. I have made enough money to pay all the money back for the classes I took and my trip to New York!

If you work hard you can make tons of money off this. No you wont be a star but you will be making money in this tough economy.

Sorry, but there is no end in sight for you. Every event you go to will involve some sort of sales pitch.

Not to mention the clothes, the shoes etc., you will be told you need. Barbizon will drain you financially and then act as though they dont know you when you call to ask what they are doing for you. It will be a very expensive lesson for you. I would suggest you stop now before you end up with $14000.00 less in your bank account like we did.

New York, IMTA and all the other "gigs" are not what they tell you they will be. Find an agent on your own and STAY AWAY from Barbizon.

hi, im 12 years old and i went to barbizon yesterday and they told me i could be a star, i was gorgeous, and i had what it takes and the scouts would surly pick me but my parents dont want to pay 3000 for 6 months of classes if nothing is gonna happen you know..could anyone tell me any agencies that are the real deal not some scam???? this is my dream and i really want to follow it because i have had so many auditions and none of them are the real deal so please if anyone has some info im here in california.

I am "Barbizon Graduate".Such a ripe off.I model full time now.But not because of Barbizon.Your better going to an agency yourself.DO NOT GO TO IMTA OR JMT OR BARBIZON ANNUAL COMPETITIONS.They're connected to Barbizon. And Run from 800$ -7000$.Good for personal delevelopment and looks good on your resume.But not for modelingHope this helps.

View more comments (11)
Problems with payment

Barbizon modeling scam / Ipac convention scam

now in san jose and the San Francisco bay area, barbizon is stealing money and scamming nice families. my daughter was promised tv and modeling auditions and the sales person did a hard sell for over $3,000 in fees.

we said NO! i have heard from other mothers this is a ripoff and the training is pathetic. also i heard they are going ARE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS! so all the money paid would be wasted.

check the owner - lionetti family was sued in a class action lawsuit in los angeles!!

sincerely, barbara l. - a caring mother of 2 beautiful girls.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you were not happy with your Barbizon experience. We very much try and provide each student a wonderful experience and would like to make this right for you. We are happy to resolve any outstanding issues if you could please contact us direct at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com

Barbizon is a good program for kids to break into the industry. I signed up my 2 little ones thanks to them being scouted at a local talent search.

They were shy kids but with a lot of heart and ambition. Im glad they went through the program so they learned the foundation of what it takes to be successful in this industry. They learned confidence, poise, how to present themselves in a professional audition, but the best part is they now have an agent that really believes in my girls. Melanie, my youngest has been on a few episodes of an upcoming tv show, and has done a commercial for American Girl, USA.

Any parent that complains they have to work to get their children to achieve their dreams is lazy and entitled. Probably the reason why they are broke to afford the classes in the first place. Successful people take the steps required in order to achieve their goals. Get a handle, parents!

Stop complaining and wake up. No, your children are not special if they dont "do the work." Sorry, but that's how it works in this world.

My daughter went to Barbizon for 6 months, class every other week. Yeah, it cost a couple thousand dollars, but that's not more than her gymnastics or soccer leagues add up to after a full season.

I knew they were a school from the start. How are you all surprised about the money?

Let me tell you something, "BARBIZON" is a scam yeah, you might take classes and say no they are not i'm taking classes. Ok i went their for about 1 week and got kicked out.

My classes were unorganized my "teacher" was always on her phone. She would say that she seen "Johnny Depp" "JLO" and other Artist! LIES! The reason she said that is only so that you can go home and tell people yeah, my acting teacher meet Jlo, and Johnny Depp.

So that way you can convince people to go. My mom only payed $100 every week. But the total cost is about $2,700 about so. And my classes were every sunday.

The lady in the front to pay was a total ***! I'm sorry. But she was! I had asked her a question and looked at me like i was ***.

And told me i talk to much? I didn't tell her anything i just walked away, but after that i knew they take away your money, After i tweeted them and the next Sunday i got kicked out...

And the lady told me that i can't go to any other places i was like this *** is *** so me and my mom left the lady even asked me if i was going to pay for the last day. My mom looked at her and told her no and walked away.

I went through the classes and graduated and they did nothing for me. he classes were terrible, and my parents spent a lot of money on it and it got me no where

yes u have to pay 2000-**** dollars , but i just enrolled ,and i wanna know if its a scam or not

I am a 15 and I currently attend Barbizon academy ,and I have been told various times that it's a scam;tell you what after I graduate I will let you know if they do what they said and I will let you know if it's a scam ; like the saying ,you have to see it to believe it 8)

Haha.. I didnt even have to graduate barbizon and they still call me for interviews...

I " dropped out" cus i though it was a waste of my time! I was 16 or 17 at the time... Im nit almost 20 and theyre now just calling me for interviews... I have one today..

And if they say one thing about so e other thing we have to pay for, im outta there. Thankfully its not aways away.. But i have to go to it or else it will eat me up haha... Cus somewhere in my doubtful mind there is a little twinkle that this time it will be different...

Sad i know... Haha

A lady came up to us at walmart saying mu daughter was so pretty all they want is your money. I want my money back.

Its not worth it parents dont do it. Sad parent.

If you wanted her so bad why didnt you offer her a scolarship. :(

@PissedConsumer673036

Lady get real!! A scholarship? !

EVERYONE invest's in their own careers.

Scholarship... whatever..! Thats so ignorant.

Sincerely,

Real Actor whos invested in his own career

@PissedConsumer673036

Scholarships are for children that are deserving. You are an entitled, lazy parent that thinks the world owes you a favor. Get a handle on reality, if you want to be successful you do what it takes to get there.

View more comments (65)
Problems with payment

Barbizon isnt worth it!

A few months ago I attended Barbizon...FOR ALL THE MONEY MY PARENTS PAID...it was NOT worth it at all. YOU learn things like facials, make-up, and walk down a runway- which, they dont even go over that well.

Yes, I made some friends..but it didnt do *** for me, it didnt boost my confidence or anything. then they say when you graduate there will be agents there,....ya okay, ONLY THE TEACHERS WERE THERE.

biggest rip OFFF EVER.DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY....but rather find an agent and take photoshoots. Thats what I did, and I got major movie parts.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry to hear of your bad experience. We strive to imrpove our business practices constantly and your feedback helps us to do so.

I attended Barbizon Southwest in Phoenix and I disagree completely. Mrs.

TyRell is an amazing agent and owner and all of the teachers there made me and the other students feel very welcomed. It was hard at first because i knew absolutely nothing about acting or modeling. But by the time they had finished i was amazing on the runway. I just came back from IMTA L.A and ended up medaling 3 times in 2 acting and 1 modeling competitions.

I also received close to 25 call backs and after attending my required call backs I was approached by a few agents that didn't have me on their list. One of those agents asked me to walk in Thailand's fashion week. My sister also attended Barbizon and that IMTA convention and she received medals and a ton of call backs, one of which was for china's fashion week. Me and my sister both received scholarships to the New York conservatory academy for the dramatic arts!

Without Barbizon I would have never realized I wanted to be in entertainment. I would have never known i could act and walk the runway. Also, they teach you about facials, makeup and hair so that way if you are ever on set and there isn't a stylist for you, you can know how to take care of your hair and makeup on your own. Maybe the reason why you didn't make it very far, or succeed is because you didn't apply yourself.

DID YOU EVER THINK OF THAT? YOUR ***!!!!!

Barbizon is a relic of the 80's...

I attended Barbizon last year, it was a lot of money, which was to be expected because my family wasn't only paying for me to go, but my sister and cousin as well. In all honesty, after the initial interviews, they didn't want my cousin; but my mom talked them into taking her and by graduation time, she won an award for most improved student. Which I believe because after we started taking these classes, she lost weight and started dressing... more appropriately. Anyways, after Barbizon we signed with Southwest, which, in all honesty wasn't the most glamorous decision considering most of the jobs offered are for hair shows, and we're black... No one wants to work with black-people-hair in Arizona. But, we did get to do a fashion show for the Make A Wish Foundation.

After Barbizon, though, I went on to do IMTA. I feel like for the price I paid (I say I because for the most part, I paid for the entirety of the trip. Since it was around my birthday, though, my parents made the final payment.) it wasn't that fancy. Shared hotel rooms in a place that requires you to pay out of the *** for everything you do... I could have made the trip myself for a lot less. But IMTA was a great experience, one of the runway coaches we had is what really inspired me to try the modeling portion of everything, because before that, I was ***-bent on acting.

Long story short, I won a few awards for acting, and got 7 callbacks, two of which were for modeling (exciting to me because I really didn't pay that much attention to modeling, and the humidity had my skin looking awful.) Through IMTA I received a partial scholarship to the New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts, and two NYC-based agencies want to work with me. I've worked on the NY Comic ***, and a web series, met with directors, and even Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande. (this was in a matter of weeks after IMTA while I was in New York visiting friends)

I'm back in Arizona now, regrouping and collecting founds for my next whirl-winned venture.

In all honesty, people who feel like it's all a scam are the ones who aren't ready, the people who got into this, with the expectation that in a few weeks they'll be totally different and famous. Yes, it's expensive, but if you work hard, and this really is your passion and your life, then maybe it's the right decision for you.

I will say this, though. If you're in AZ, do the photoshoot, but don't pay for the pictures. The shoot itself is free, that's why I say it. At IMTA, I heard too many times that our (meaning the Barbizon AZ group) pictures looked like glamorized school pictures. Which is so true once you see the pictures from other schools and groups. They're decent enough photos, but not worth the cost in my book.

maybe you just werent pretty enough, so no agents wanted you....

@PissedConsumer693913

really cause she's black forget you serously rasic anonymous really maybe you anonymous not pretty enough because your not black smh but she is hot they is a fake and scamers

The classes are only fulfilling if you try, sweetie.

well it seems like some of u guys are saying that barbizon is good and some say that it isen't but it seems like to me that u just have to be lucky!! :)

:) I am a student right now and I am loving each class. I now know how to walk in high heels and I am meeting new friends.

I say it's totally worth it! The teachers are funny and nice.

My daughter went to Barbizon Arizona and it was great! It was definitely worth the investment, especially after all our hesitation because of the portrayal of modeling schools and scams.

The staff worked so hard for us. They were on top of everything. From the classes I saw such improvement in my daughter’s confidence and how she carried herself. She was one that got signed to the agency.

Since then she has had multiple opportunities to audition. She has gotten selected for Dillard’s twice now, as well as a couple hair shows, including Paul Mitchell.

Overall, wonderful experience from a team of people who want to see my daughter grow as an individual, as well as succeed in the industry! Recommended!

I went to Barbizon of Akron and loved the classes. The only girl in my class that did not like it missed 1/2 the classes and did not do anything she was supposed to.

View more comments (31)

Barbizon is FAKE

So i graduated from barbizon in 2004 it is now 2008!!! i paid190 every saturday and learned how to..

put makeup on!

i would not sugguest any one to go there go to John casablancas or john robert powers!! please the money in this one is worth it check out the site barbizon has nothing to offer despite there big school everytime i call that school they never have anything for me and i am suppose to be a student there so please jus take my word for it and dont go to barbizon it really is a fraud.

Barbizon Graduate

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Thank you for your feedback and helping us to improve our business practices.

Options talent, emodle, etc.

Same game, different game. This has been going on for YEARS.

from wiki:

Talent scouting scandal

In September 2002, Pearlman purchased Mark Tolner's internet-based talent company, Options Talent Group f/k/a Sector Communications (previously named Emodel and Studio 58), which would then go through several names including Trans Continental Talent, TCT, Wilhelmina Scouting Network (WSN), Web Style Network, Fashion Rock and Talent Rock. Regardless of the name, all incarnations were based on the business model used by Emodel founder Ayman el Difrawi (aka Alec Defrawy), himself a convicted conman,[16] who played a principal role in running Options / TCT / WSN [17] and setting up Fashion Rock. The companies received unfavorable press attention, ranging from questions about their business practices to outright declarations that they were scams.[18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25]

After Hotjobs and Monster.com pulled over a thousand of the company's job ads from their boards,[26] they were further advertised on the Difrawi-founded[27] "Industry Magazine" website. The Better Business Bureau's opinion about Options / TCT / WSN was negative (a "pattern of complaints concerning misrepresentation in selling practices").[28] The New York State Consumer Protection Board issued an alert, naming it the largest example they had found of a photo mill scam[29] (in which agencies force models to shoot portfolios with photographers on their own payrolls), and a State Senator called it trying "to make a quick, dishonest dollar"[30].

The San Francisco labor Commissioner declared it in violation of California law, and several state agencies were reported to be investigating.[31] In Florida, around 2,000 complaints were filed with the then-Attorney General Charlie Crist and the Better Business Bureau, and an investigation was started by Assistant AG Dowd. However, no charges were filed, as the newly appointed Assistant AG MacGregor was unable to find "any substantial violations" and the company had declared bankruptcy, "leaving no deep pockets to collect damages from."[32][33]

By June 2004, Fashion Rock, LLC had filed a civil suit for defamation against some who had criticized Pearlman's talent businesses and outed suspicions of bankruptcy fraud. The case was dismissed and closed in 2006.[34][35][36] One of the accused, Canadian consumer-fraud expert Les Henderson, successfully pursued a libel lawsuit against Pearlman, Tolner, El-Difrawi and several others.[37][38][39]

Fashion Rock, LLC lived on until February 2, 2007,[40][41] when its assets were sold in Pearlman's bankruptcy proceeding.[42][43] Mr. Difrawi currently runs Softrock.org and OMG Talent, from the same address as former TCT.

i honestly dont think this is a scam , its not like they gaurentee work. also im gonig this saturday and i think im going to have very fun , so yall saying its a scam , dont acually say if it is or not if you never down it :grin

#206244

Barbizon is not a scam. Really and truely everyone that is saying it is all I have to say is "Its a working progress".

I just graduated from the class. And the graduation was amazing. I've auditioned for the IMTA and the Barbizon Competiton and I got call backs for both. Yes!

it does cost alot of money but if you are really devoted and want to make something happen you have stick your mind to it and fight your hardest fight.

I've also received an intern opportunity. So everything takes time its not going to happen over night.

They are not fake cause i just got back from there and they said i was giong to make it and i am giong to have alot of job and i know this girl and she is getting paid alot of money so..

OKAY I HAVE GRADUATED FROM BARBIZON I HAVE BEEN ON AUDITIONS AND I HAVE GOTTEN CALLBACKS! BARBIZON IS NOT A FRAUD!

YOU PAY YOURMONEY AND THEY GIVE YOU THE TRAINING YOU NEED. I MEAN IT'S LIKE ANYTHING IN THE WORLD ITS NOT GIVEN TO YOU YOU HAVE TO GO OUT THERE AND WORK FOR IT.

THAT'S THE PROBLEM YOU GUYS JUST WANT IT HANDED TO YOU..THATS WHY YALL HAVENT BECOME SUCCESSFUL YET ALL YOU HAVE TO TO IS TRUST& BELIEVE IN GOD WORK HARD AND YOU WILL SUCCED! & TRUST 7 BEILEVE I WILL BE SUCCESSFULL !

I go to Barbizon and I think I'll be graduating soon. But don't be expecting a job to be covergirl on the Ralph Lauren catalog the day after you graduate.

Barbizon isn't here to make you famous, or get you jobs. It is there to boost you up and get you to that level, so you CAN eventually have a career.

Who knows? Maybe that skill of putting on makeup will be important!

These are agencies in name only. They will connect you with photographers and other agencies during your tenure at the school.

The ones that get hired use the opportunties afforded them in conjunction with whether you have the it factor or aggressive parents/benefactors. If you ain't that hot they will take you in and give you lessons to improve your posture and instruct you on how to make up and dress. They offer you acting lessons as well which will prove to be a life skill. But if you ain't got it, you just ain't got it.

But I will never tell you.

I have seen some hopeless cases there but you can dress up a cactus just so many ways. In the end you have to work with what God gave yah!!!

I completely agree with dressed2kill! Barbizon's job is to train you not to get you work.

It's just like going to college. If you go you gain knowledge of different skills, but it does not guarantee you a job!

View more comments (12)

Oh Yeah!!! They are a rip-off

My daughter enrolled in their modeling class on the mississippi gulf coast before Hurricane Katrina,at a hefty price and was charged , pay per you class. $100.00.

After the hurricane they called and requested she continue classes and after a few classes the just left the area with no explanation at all.

These girls were devistated and lied to. Not to mention all the money the parents were swindled out of fpr classes and photo shoots..Just be careful I would never have dreamed they were a fly-by-night company....my daughter will investigate all offers while searching for modeling classes.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry to hear of your bad experience. We tried continue to offer the classes as promised so we can could deliver on what our students had paid for.

i am currently in barbizon at 11 yrs old and it is a RIP OFF! i have a 50 yr old women in there who is ugly as heck and just gaining their confidence and the teachers dont even practice wat they preach i hate alot!

i am a talented actress and singer but i feel bad cuz every1 else is bad and they r like 10 yrs older or more i believe wat they claim to promise i s a lie 2! :(

I went to Barbizon and had an amazing time. I learned so much and came so far because of it.

Everyone experiences something different it depends on who you are and how hard you work for it. I became more confident and now a few years after graduating im still getting calls for work I loved Barbizon and I'm happy with my decision to have gone.

They don't know anything just rip-of hard working people

Barbizon took me for my money, and in return I did not get the training as promised on the contract nor did the classes even carryed out to the last days. Sure I was pissed, but what can you do when you expect to go to class and learn something and thier not even open as schedual?

And when you call them they tell you there is a new schedual and tells you that they'll send you the new one, which they never did. A week later I called back and they tell me that they have moved locations? It's true that they have thier graduates work for them, half of the time our so call trainer wasn't even there to teach us. They would call one of their little followers of scam to come in last minute and try to teach us something, but the truth is their just as bad as the "real" trainer.

I actually saw them the other day with thier little recuting stand just like the one I was lowered into. Nobody was trying to listen to what they had to offer. I can be furious about they fact I got boped like I used to be but I take it as a lesson learned. All my family and friends know about thier false agency and I tend to let everyone know.

The school is a total fake. If I had known what I knew now, I would'nt have ever enrolled.

p.s. You dont need no fake agency to teach you self confidence.

You DO have confidence. All you got to do is reach inside yourself and you'll find it.

do not think that that is how all Barbizons are. i am a graduate and it was a great experience.

im sorry to hear what happened to your girls. thats terrible!

View more comments (5)

Barbizon Modeling and Acting

Me and my daughter had an audition about 1 year ago in DAYTON, OHIO I like everyone else went online and looked them up na dfound many complaints and decided to still enroll my daughter. Everything that they said they were going to do happen my daughter does have the confidence now.

What many dont understand is that barbizon is a franchize and that every barbizon is different. every exprience is different.

My daughter is 5'4 and landed a job with fashion week in charlotte, nc thanks to barbizon and has done a various of jobs with seventeen magazine. My daughter did attend Barbizon of charlotte and had a great time.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are glad to hear of your daughters success with our program. Thanks for your feedback!

Barbizon in Charlotte called me today, and i was wondering should i go. I went to another Modeling school in charlotte and i made it but they wanted money right after my audition, but when i called them and they called back they said that i did not have to have any money with me, but they lied and i called the bbb about the agency and they had 5 complaints on them and 5 people was sowing them, so i lefted bt i also payed $100 right then but they did not want to give it back, but they gave me this number so i can get it back.

What i have learned is the classes suppose to be for free. Then when you start working meaning like in modeling and acting and making your money then they can get the money.

But now this Barbizon in Charlotte called me, should i go? :grin

Look this place up on the better business beuro website.

Q: Did you go looking for Barbizon or did Barbizon come looking for you? Did you really go to an interview/autition or you go see a sales pick?

If all these Superstars has been thru your school, why isn't lines wrapped around the corner to get into your buikding? Where is your building? Why is their so many mix reviews about your company? Why so many people calling your company a scam?

How did you get my phone number? What exactly does the $2000 fee covers? Did you really name Barbie?

Too many questions and not enough answers? Buyer Beware!!!

Barbizon targets teenagers who have never thought of being a model!! They camp in front of a Holister Co.

or any other popular teen hang out & get them to sign-up. Later they call your kid to set-up a "interview" at some hotel ballroom. Your are really going to see a 10min youtude video followed by a 20min sales pitch. They save the money part for last then rush you a short interview.

I knew something was up when saw the part on the packet where they wanted to know the parents occupation. What's that got to do with my child being a model? Its a money thing! If you are cute and your parents have a job.

They will call you back, telling you are one of the few choosen and have to pay right away! Can I atleast have a tour of your studio before I fork over $2000!

Q: Barbizon if you are so big and be around for over 70yrs AND taking credit for all those actors & models that have been thru ya'll schools, WHY I HAVEN'T HEAR OF YOU??? No commercials, no billbards, no magszines or news articles!!!!

Just unsuspecting phone calls to innocent teenage girls. Where is all the money going??? No studios & ya'll hire poeple of the street to do ya'll dirty work, selling them a dream of making an $80,000 salary! Just like ya'll selling the Dream of being a star actor and model.

Ya'll or misleading the public. You are a SCHOOL! And that's IT!

And in my opion NOT worth the $2000 DISCOUNT. If everyone gets the discount, ITS NOT A DISCOUNT!!!

i got accepted in their programmed during the interview it really made me feel good but because i had competition and it ran later than usaually the weekend they were down in my area i was not able to go and some how i just lost contact with them and i admit it really ticked me of because Danceing Acting and Modeling is something i take really serious you take it from me and you take my heart and soul with you because thats what i put into it.

Barbizon in sc tried to scam us out of 2500.00 . If that's not enough the woman Sarah ran my credit card without permission or the signed contract.

I am now in pursuit with my bank to get my money back! Do not let the se thing happen to your family!

#208218

I put my daughter in Barbizon years ago. They taught her how to style herself, interview, model and various other life style lessons that she would not have otherwise learned. She was chosen to do several campaigns and her portfolio is incredible due to the instruction and mentoring she received from Barbizon. She has been offered Playboy, walk on rolls for various primetime t.v. spots, travel host spots, etc.

I attribute this to her education at Barbizon when she was younger because it helped launch her career and put her in front of the right people. I believe the people on here who are haters and complainers are not really savvy with what the industries expectations are. You cannot just allow your child to go through a system like Barbizon and not do the homework and put in the hours and dedication that it takes to make it in this industry. This is a launching pad for those who take it seriously.

My daugther is living her dream because she got her start at a young age at Barbizon.

I enrolled my daughter. Its 2010..

Competition is fierce. They don't promise you the world. They train you and help build your resume. They also give you other options afterwards.

Babrizon has put between 500,000- 1,000,000 children through training. Of course not everyone is going to make it big. But parents..so what if there's 30 pissed off people..Theres so many more that are not pissed off. They are not on here talking about it, they are out there trying to achieve their goal.

They have done all of that and more. My daughter has done several things in the Orlando / Tampa area. Im very glad we started with Barbizon.

Now she has the training, the drive, the know how, and the contacts to pursue her dream. Thanks Barbizon.

i personally attended Barbizon in charlotte nc in like 2006 and i had i great time they really do teach you alot about applying make up,how to dress how to walk an with me being from columbia i got to meet and make friends with people in my class that i wouldnt of met if it wasnt for the class.

View more comments (14)
Good customer service
$1995

Barbizon is a fraude

A while ago I moved from puerto rico to the us for college. I decided to join Barbizon.

Big mistake! After my fifth class I realize that the instructor didn't know anything about modeling, make up etc everything that they offer to teach. I saw that some of the instructors were very young girls so I ask one of them how long she's been teaching she said is my first month I just graduated from the school two months ago and they hire me for $13 bucs an hr to teach this girls. I ask her who thaugh you and have you done any modeling work?

she said I have not done anything. So basicly they hire the students at the end of the course to babysit your daughters.

They have no clue and of course your daughters are going to loose interest because is no fun and they are not learning anything. Please keep your money.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Our teachers come from many different backgrounds and yes some of them are former students, just like some of our teachers have worked in the industry. We welcome feedback on our instructors and appreciate you alerting us of your concerns with the qualifications of your instructor.

Barbizon Boston is literally so much fun. my teacher knew exactly what she was doing and I learned so much and I'm on my way to become a fabulous model like I've always wanted.

I guess for most of you this isn't your thing so yeah don't waste your money if you aren't willing to work for it. Other than that it is totally worth the money if you absolutely want ti be a model :grin :p :zzz

ive wanted to model for so long and i think barbizon sounds like so much fun !!! 2000 dollars idk if my parents will like that ...but i would quit sports do chores or basically anything to do this . i just need am honest answer is it worth it and how much money do u get paid for photo shoots ??

Yeah basically the above reveiews I agree with...at my interview, it was an old woman who constently bragged through out the interview about how she knows all these famous people and agents and blah blah. She pretty much pressured me to enroll in the class because she claimed "it was the last opening for THIS particular scholarship" uhhh she must have meant the BS scholarship because when I asked my teacher (who was also a teenager who had no modeling experience and was deff.

not model material at all) she basically said the scholarship wasn't anything special or anything I could use. It was rediculous everytime I went to my class they had a *** all I really care about is your money attitude, they probably focused on that more then actually teaching me things or anything else. In fact they were teaching me things I already know how to do. We had to do all of our own make-up, hair dress ourselves..it was pathetic.

And yes there were girls in there who no offense could never really be a model in hollywood. Then to top it all off we had lunch at burgerking everytime we had a class. SERIOUSLY!!! Im sure most models dont eat burgerking.

The staff had a nasty attitude about everyone/thing else but themselves..like they were better or something totally unproffessional. I got absolutely nothing but the loss of my hard earned money out it. Please please do not listen to them they will tell you whatever they have to to get you in their school and as fast as they can.

Terrible experience..and then to top it off they sent me a letter in the mail telling me I still owe them the rest of my tuition whether or not I attend my classes or graduation. BS I aint payin them one my cent of my money :grin

Barbizon has been the best experience for my 16 year old daughter, Ashley! She went through the training program and landed 3 jobs immediately following, repaying what we put into this program.

She now is starring in 2 comedy films upcoming in Sept 2011! Barbizon, you rock!

I HATE BARBIZON STR8T 8) UP DEY AINT SHIIT CUZ DEY STEAL YO MONEY THAT U HAVE EARNED :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :? :?

:? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

they havent even payed me since i did this job in the *** mall :( and when i called they said "o we just found the checks this morning " wat a freakin lie i should hve been payed along time ago. :( :( :( :( i got *** bills to pay u kno... :p :p :sigh :x :upset :( :upset

#219942

Barbizon boston is a complete joke! we had to do our own makeup and hair for everything they taught us nothingg what does making a *** music video have to do with anything and they didnt even tape it, i HIGHLYYY recommend you dont waste your time and money on this place and pick another school all they want here is your MONEY! AWFULL!!!

#219933

It sounds exciting and my daughter was chosen! Have any of you been contacted to a pjoto shoot or anything?

#219340

To each it's own. My daughter is a Barbizon student and loves every bit of it.

We are from Boston and the instructors here are very well experienced and know their stuff. In life you have to pay for everything, these people's time is not free so therefore for 2 months you are contributing to the salaries of those that are taking the time to give back what most have gone thru Barbizon and received.

No it's not for everyone and if the money is two much then it's not for you. THUMBS up for the Boston Barbizon!!!!

#194638

:upset 8) :x :( :cry :eek :roll :? :) :eek :? :cry :( :x :sigh :p 8)

View more comments (24)
Loss

Otra puertirriquena que por poco Barbizon me roba mi dinero

Las escuelas de modelaje en Puerto Rico no se pueden comparar nunca *** las de aqui, pues yo tambien cai. Pero desperte a tiempo cuando la instructora de modelaje en Barbizon me pregunto si yo podia ensenarle a las estudiandes come aplicarse el maquillaje.

Ahi yo supe que era un fraude. Yo ingrese a la escuela para aprender y no para ensenar. Pues me senti muy mal porque era mi tercera clase y la maestra no sabia nada de modelaje ni maquillaje. Esa gente de Barbizon te cobran tanto dinero por nada porque las instructoras que tienen nunca han sido modelos ni saben como maquillarse.

Yo me gradue de dos academias de modelaje en Puerto Rico, pague menos y aprendi mucho. No desperdicien su dinero en Barbizon porque les estan robando.

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
We are sorry you were not happy with your experience, we are happy to help if you could contact our customer service team directly at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

BARBIZON SON UN FRAUDE

la compania barbizon es unfraude ,tu vas alas audisiones,y te disen que tienes que llamar si en realidad quieres ser modelo,uno llama y te disen oo tu fuistes unas de las diez muchachas escojidas,y te disen que tienes que pagar la cantidad de 3,700.para treniarte cuando tenrminas las clases que son un sabado si y otro no,supuestamente te graduas te asen un porfolio,pero por los retratos tienes que pagar 275.00 dolares aparte y te entregan un cd ,el porfolio no esiste nunca lo vimos y tampoco te vuelven a llamar emos llamado como 10 veses y no hay repuesta ,le estoy dando un chanse sin no me yaman a mi hija que le echaron sus ilusiones al piso los llevare a corte,,siento que es un scan..no se dejen no sirve.mi hija no aprendio nada..y como ellos saben que es un fraude pq cuando van a tirar las fotos no hay profesionalismo..ami hija despues que yevo las ropa para las fotos no dejaron que se canviara,solo *** lo que tenia puesto.un mahon despintado que ella se lo puso pq estava tarde,pero ellos la van a pagar,pq yo no me voy a quedar *** los brazon cruzado nosotro sacrificamos el poquito dinero que teniamos para una inversion ,pero todo fue un scan..

Barbizon Modeling School Reply:
Our customer team can always be contact directly at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com

:( :( :( :( ,ami tanbien me cojieron pero lo siento mucho por todas las personas que calleron ,pero ahi que aser algo pq no no podemos quedar de brasos crusados

She Dreamed and It Is Happening

Barbizon Modeling School - She Dreamed and It Is Happening
We received a call inviting my daughter to an audition for Barbizon. We attended the audition and she was accepted. At the time we received the call, my daughter was currently the reigning 2016 Little Miss Juneteenth as well as the 2017 March of Dimes Ambassador for San Antonio, she was already making appearances on local television media, featured in San Antonio Woman magazine and a local television commercial airing. We found out that she was accepted on her 9th birthday. Upon accepting the invite to attend, the process was easy concerning the payments for the classes and I could fit them in our budget. After attending 3 classes, one of her instructors put her name in for an audition for Passport to Discovery. We went, she auditioned and SHE GOT IT!!! The cost was high but she and I had ideas to raise the money. While waiting to attend Passport to Discovery, she was sent an invitation to audition for the 2018 Annual Competition in Dallas. She auditioned and SHE GOT IT!!! We went to the competition in July and she walked away winning over-all for Monolog and 27 call-backs...she signed with Dino May Management out of LA and she is doing great. I said all of that to say...Barbizon is AWESOME and Shelby, my 11 year daughter, is living proof of what can happen if you dream and believe. Lisa
Testimonial
New Braunfels, Texas
Service
Barbizon Modeling School Modeling Classes
Pros
  • Family is totally satisfied with barbizon
Satisfied Customer

What you make out of it....but yeah, expensive

I was a Barbizon student when I was a kid. I don't work for the company, and I am not a famous model or actor, this is just an honest review of my experience, and a touch of my own speculation. I was very expensive (for my parents..who to this day will not discuss how much exactly was spent). They do provide training, coaching, management, etc. The quality of those classes? Well, if you compare them to an underfunded public school's acting "classes" then they are pretty good. It WAS a lot of fun, and I DID get a lot of confidence... but at the end of the day, I was signed on for a while with a smaller, local (Chicago) Talent Agency, and the only gigs that I managed to land while spending a week at IMTA would have required me to live in a different state. There's a TON of networking possibilities, and overall it probably is a great way to gain confidence and improve self image---but that is largely due to how immersive the program is. IT IS NOT A GUARANTEE and it's VERY expensive. I don't think we can justify calling it a scam, per se, as it does provide knowledge and training (that you admittedly could gain from any acting classes, or ya know, a passionate teacher) but it's up to you as an individual to do something with that knowledge. Think about this, it's "school" and just like college, you will pay heavily, you will gain knowledge and experience, and although you'll have all the tools you may need to "be discovered", college does not hold your hand and guarantee you that it will help you find a job, and neither does Barbizon. Do with it what you will.
Testimonial