Barbizon Modeling School - Barbizon Scam Review

Dec 07, 2012
review #365429

My daughter attended Barbizon Schaumburg at the age of 14. She always wanted to be an actress/model, but she had no self-esteem. She walked with her shoulders forward and always hunched over. She was so intimidated by strangers to the point she couldn’t even pick up the phone and order a pizza. I never understood it because she was a straight A student, athlete, pretty girl, etc. So, when she approached me about Barbizon I could have cared less about the modeling and acting, and was just thrilled for the personal development and growth that I hoped would raise her confidence.

What I saw in her after Barbizon Midwest was a complete transformation. Her shoulders were finally pushed back, she didn’t need others to make phone calls for her, and I mean how Barbizon built her overall confidence is remarkable.

While I was so happy for her self-esteem, she was thrilled to get her start in the industry and has actually had much success. She has modeled and acted in both Chicago and New York, graduated from college with her Master’s Degree, and still works in the industry – both “behind the scenes” and as a model and actress.

Now, I am not the type of person to take the time to say anything unless I’m pretty upset, which is actually what I was doing on this site when I stumbled upon Barbizon and felt compelled to voice my opinion. Barbizon is one of the best decisions I have made as a parent, because the confidence she gained to go out into the world, experience life, and succeed is irreplaceable.

af65d20
Had an experience with Barbizon Modeling School?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
ben

Jun 01

This is as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

1 3 Reply

Jun 02

Hi Ben,
I'm sorry you think it's phony. But it's true. All of my daughter's friends who graduated said the same thing, "Barbizon gave them more confidence." If confidence is phony to you, that's a shame.
Also, you should probably research what the models and actors themselves have said before you criticize. You can read graduates own words here: http://barbizonmidwestreviews.wordpress.com/

2 1 Reply

Jun 24 Norfolk, Virginia

Don't believe it either. My daughter is like his daughter prior to barbizon and she is still the same way after graduating from barbizon. Did not help at all, matter of fact made her worst.

0 2 Reply
Pamela73

Jun 02 Chicago, Illinois

Ben, I'm sorry your feel it's phony. The truth is, every girl my daughter graduated with will tell you the same thing, "Barbizon gave them more confidence." If confidence is phony to you, then I wish you the best of luck in the future.
Also, perhaps you should keep in my you should really research before you make comments or posts. It's easy for people to complain, but at least educate yourself. If you think I'm phony, maybe you should check out the reviews from the school. You can find their exact words at http://barbizonmidwestreviews.wordpress.com/
Thanks for commenting though!

2 0 Reply
Trisha

Dec 08, 2012 Akron, Ohio

My daughter is in Barbizon on Akron and is also there for self-development. A girl in her class at school committed suicide and I knew I had to do something. I could care less if my dtr. ever models. What they are doing for her self-confidence is worth every penny I am paying.

3 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Barbizon Modeling School.
Filing a new complaint about
×